• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What obscure shows/movies do you remember in your childhood?

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I hope this goes here. Anyway, what do you remember from your childhood that was obscure?

I remember this old show Called the Human Race Club.

And this.

Though this was more of a teenager show, I enjoyed watching this.

And this.

This was one show I loved that was cool.

What about you guys?

wimbearn

Smash Apprentice
I remember having a Hamtaro toy from Burger King. Forgotten about the show until I stumbled upon it on old Cartoon Network promos. I miss that. And I remember Totally Spies!, a show that came on the same channel and a spin off called The Amazing Spiez (think it was spelled like that.). Good times...

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
That's With Andy.

I remember the oddly catchy intro randomly recently.

wimbearn

Smash Apprentice
There was another show I rented from Blockbuster called Sky Dancers. It was based on a toy line. I still remember the theme song.

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
There was a show called Kappa Mikey that aired on Nicktoons Network from 2006-2007 along with some of the older Nicktoons at the time. It was a show that combined American style animation with anime. It is probably very cringeworthy nowadays, but back then, I absolutely loved it. It also has a stupidly awesome theme song.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
As a kid, I would watch Jonny Quest whenever it popped up on Boomerang. I liked it so much that I got the entire series on DVD for Christmas. I would say this is Hanna-Barbera’s best show along with Scooby-Doo; it’s extremely underrated.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
When i was a wee lil' memester, my dad had a dvd of Final Fantasy : Advent Children, i still don't know why he had that considering he doesn't like video games (Maybe my dad is a secret FF nerd ?).

I don't remember anything about the movie apart from sephiroth's handsome face (Can you really blame me ?).

(I realise now that this thread is for obscure movies... It's kinda obscure, right ? At least in europe.)

Last edited:

wimbearn

Smash Apprentice
As a kid, I would watch Jonny Quest whenever it popped up on Boomerang. I liked it so much that I got the entire series on DVD for Christmas. I would say this is Hanna-Barbera’s best show along with Scooby-Doo; it’s extremely underrated.
Same here! I watched Boomerang as a kid, even before school.

wimbearn

Smash Apprentice
There was a show called Kappa Mikey that aired on Nicktoons Network from 2006-2007 along with some of the older Nicktoons at the time. It was a show that combined American style animation with anime. It is probably very cringeworthy nowadays, but back then, I absolutely loved it. It also has a stupidly awesome theme song.
I've seen a bit of it. I visited the show back in 2016, remembering the intro and watching the pilot. Does anyone want to reboot the show? Also, someone on Deviantart made art for a Kappa Mikey movie, if it was real. Look it up.

Last edited:

Venclaire

Smash Apprentice
The Upside Down Show honestly.

It always came on Boomerang when I was just about to go to bed. Always had to stay up late and be "sneaky" to watch it. It was... I barely remember the show but I'd watch it again lol

wimbearn

Smash Apprentice
The Upside Down Show honestly.

It always came on Boomerang when I was just about to go to bed. Always had to stay up late and be "sneaky" to watch it. It was... I barely remember the show but I'd watch it again lol
Yes! I remember that! It actually came on Nick Jr.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
American's Funniest Home Videos, watched a bit of it but made me laugh so much! :laugh:

Last edited:

Rapidkirby3k

"Let's Go!"
NNID
Rapidkirby3k
Switch FC
0884-6756-7584
Hmm, a bit of a toughie on this one. For right now though, Martin Mystery comes to mind.

D

Deleted member

Dinosaur King
I remember watching it when it still aired on tv

Top Bottom