• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Non Smash Fighting Game Character Would You Include In Smash?

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
From Street Fighter to SNK, Mortal Kombat to Tekken, Soul Calibur to Killer Instinct, and even other non-smash Platform Fighters like Rivals of Aether or Brawlhalla. There are a TON of popular fighting games out there as well as a plethora of underground fighters like BlazeBlue and Skull Girls.

The question is pretty straight forward. I know it's HIGHLY unlikely to be an addition EVER in Smash Ultimate, but what Character would you pull out of what franchise and why? If you could also include a custom moveset with an at least semi-in depth explanation, that would also be quite awesome.

I will have my pick listed below as an example, or for those who just want to know what my pick would be and why.

Yes, I know, Akuma would inherently be called out as an "echo fighter" and would be "too similar" to Ryu or Ken. Let me just stop you right there and go through my favorite SF fighter of all time, who also happened to be my inherent main on every team in Marvel V Capcom.

Yes, it is true that Akuma shares the Haduken, Shoryuken and Tatsumaki Kick with Ryu and Ken, however, how they function and the tilt of power is incredibly different. Let's also not forget to mention that Akuma has a staple few other techniques that are not shared, we'll just use the most known in this case as an example. The Raging Demon attack. I'll go over each attack I would give him, how it would function as well as go over movement speeds, weight and fall speed, etc. We'll be ignoring all tilts, smash attacks, and aerials as we can just assume, the general Ken/Ryu staples would be included there.

Before getting into his Specials, and their descriptions, I'd like to note that I would apply a lightning effect as sweet spots on all his aerials and tilts that would increase hit stun by 1.1X but do not increase knock back. The question of balance is up for debate, but I consider it staple for his theme, and I also think that while it would help him combo with precise inputs, it also gives the opponent more time to react for proper survival DI at kill percents. I also think that in general, the tilts and aerials should be faster and deal more damage than Ken and Ryu, because they always have in SF games and other titles he has been featured in. That being said, let's move onto the Specials.

Neutral Special: Instead of being blue, it would be purple. It would have less damage and knockback than Kens and Ryus, but it also beats other projectiles and keeps going and happens to be slightly faster moving, just like Akumas Hadouken does in other fighters he's been in. In addition, to adapt to Akuma's style, unlike Ryu and Ken, when you use this attack in the air, it travels downward at an angle instead of going straight forward and you can perform a proper input to shoot 2 instead of 1.

Side Special: Akumas Tatsumaki kick should phase through projectiles like ken and Ryu, and should hit harder and be slightly faster, but travel much less distance than both Ken and Ryu. There isn't much else to say about this attack.

Up Special: Shoryuken by Akuma should travel about 3/4 the distance of Ken and Ryu but should also hit harder and come out slightly faster. The earlier the hitbox lands, the harder the attack hits.

Down Special: Raging Demon. This is the interesting difference that I would have to make be the thing that separates Ken/Ryu from Akuma. Raging Demon would honestly be his best move in how it would be applied. Raging Demon will always travel toward the opponent because like Ken and Ryu, Akuma would always face the opponent. There would be a maximum travel distance he could glide across the ground/air (less distance in the air), and he should be able to cancel the option by letting go of the input button. This attack does not beat out projectiles, but will allow him to pass right through them. In addition, you can cancel the move with a jump or shield to further its utility. By pressing the Special Attack Input Button during the initial glide of Raging Demon, you'll perform a command grab that will put the opponent on the ground and force a tech situation, kind of like Ganondorf. The applications of this move would be extremely interesting.

MOVEMENT & WEIGHT: Akuma is viewed as the faster Ken/Ryu clone who is more rushdown based and happens to be a glass cannon.... screw that, a glass BOMB. I think Akuma should stick to this nature of his. Akuma should be light, but not super light. He SHOULD die earlier than characters like Joker, but live longer than characters like Pichu. However, his knockback and damage output on general aerials and tilts would make up for this. His movement speed on the ground should be quite similar to Palutina but his air speed should stick to around Ryus air speed. Should also be a semi-fast faller.

Let me say this before anything, Nightmare and Cervantes are my favorite fighters of all time from any Fighting game. However, due to Nightmare being the more relevant character, I have chosen him over Cervantes for this.

Nightmare should be a semi-sluggish, heavy hitting mixup character, just like in Soul Caliber. I note the term 'semi-sluggish' being VERY important here. I would apply this to his general ground and air movement. He should run like Krool at best, and move in the air like Kirby. However, I would give him a few excellent frame data options in moves I will explain later, and he should fast fall like a rock, think of Fox fall speed here. I wouldn't say he'd be a super heavy, but he'd be on the heavier side.

Tilts and Smash Attacks would be general sword use. However, I'd give him his 2 frame punch from Soul Calibur 5 as his forward tilt that causes a knockdown tech situation, which would promise a followup with maybe his 2K move, which is a low kick, but doesn't cause much damage or knockback. I'd His general aerials should be sword use but his forward air should be his signature dropkick.

Onto his specials

Neutral Special: I think this should be his AGA sword swipe. It's a fast 4 frame attack with a straight shooting knockback but doesn't have much knockback growth. It's just a super quick get off me ground option.

Down Special: Nightmares Counter. In Soul Cal 4 and 5, he has a move that explodes in an aura, but if he is hit, it will either tank X amount of damage or reflect the move at the correct frames. His counter should work similarly in Smash. If he's hit at early frames, it will reflect the opponent and deal serious knockback or apply a damage multiplier, but if he is hit in the middle to late frames, he'll just tank the hit and explode in his aura.

Up Special: Upward aerial attacks don't really exist in Soul Cal for Nightmare, so I would just make one up on the fly. Let's just give him Clouds up special but it doesn't allow you to come back down with a hitbox, and if you hit at the apex, it will launch the opponent.

Side Special: A command grab, the signature choke grab that Nightmare has in Soul Cal. This command grab has no momentum in it kind of like Bowsers. It should also slam the opponent down and cause a meteor bounce if unteched so he can follow up on it.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
As far as SNK characters go, there are a lot of options - Kyo Kusanagi, Terry Bogard, Mai Shiranui, Geese Howard, maybe even Rugal Bernstein... Out of those, I'd like to see Terry Bogard - SNK's longtime mascot and master of Engrish. Terry would make for a good contrast with Ryu in terms of appearance, personality, and fighting style (since he's more of a street brawler than a disciplined martial artist), and his moves seem to write themselves. For visuals, this seems like it might help. Basic attacks, throws, etc. could mostly be taken from the various King of Fighters and Fatal Fury games.

B: POWA WAVE! (Power Wave) - a projectile attack that travels along the ground. Not sure if it would work like Cloud's Blade Beam if used in the air

Side B: BARN KNUCKU (Burn Knuckle) - Terry jumps forward with his fist outstretched, giving him plenty of horizontal mobility

Up B: RYSING TACO (Rising Tackle) - Terry's anti-air special from the games, which is a gravity-defying spin kick

Down B: CRACK SHOOT - a horizontal spin kick - not as sure about this one, but it seems like the best fit.

Final Smash: R U OK? BUSTA WOLF! - Terry dashes across the screen, and if he connects with the opponent, he creates a massive energy geyser to send them flying

There's also Heihachi Mishima from Tekken - I'd be interested to see how they could make him work (and he'd make for a nice contrast with the other third party characters, since he's both the face of his franchise and its main villain), but I'm not familiar enough with Tekken to come up with a moveset.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
This seems interesting since I play some of those fighting games but I don't have any movesets in mind so here is a list of characters that I want.

Tekken - King- he can basically be an echo fighter for Incineroar since they're both wrestlers but King could be faster and he is my favorite character from the tekken series and I know that others will say Heihachi is a better pick but for me when anyone mentions tekken King always comes to mind.

Darkstalkers - Jon Talbain - another favorite character of mine and he can represent the darkstalkers' series

Bloody Roar - Hugo - basically another favorite and the bloody roar series definitely needs a revival of some kind

Killer Instinct - Cinder - one of my favorite characters that I like to use in killer instinct he'll have a have moveset based on fire attacks and such.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Scorpion. He's from a series that's even known to have a silly cartoony side. I could also see Scorpion brilliantly fitting with Yoshi, Mario and Pikachu with his history already strongly tied to Nintendo.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Scorpion AND Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat series, or more specifically the ones from the original trilogy (the first three games), would be good additions to Smash.

1558532572390.png
Scorpion with Mortal Kombat II design
1558532716528.png
Scorpion's alternate costume from Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.

Recolors
1 - MK II costume - yellow
2 - UMK 3 costume - yellow
3 - MK II costume - gray (Human Smoke)
4 - UMK 3 costume - gray (Human Smoke)
5 - MK II costume - green (Reptile)
6 - UMK 3 costume - green (Reptile)
7 - MK II costume - red (Ermac)
8 - UMK 3 costume - red (Ermac)

Scorpion's special moves
B: Spear (can be used to recover)
Side+B: Forward Teleport Punch
Up+B: Air Throw
Down+B: Teleport Punch (works as a counter)
Final Smash (Fatality): Toasty!

Scorpion's victory poses
1 - Friendship from Mortal Kombat Trilogy - Scorpion plays with a jack-in-a-box and a flaming skull pops out.
2 - inspired by Liu Kang's Fatality from Mortal Kombat 3 and Scorpion's Friendship from Mortal Kombat II - Scorpion plays with the original Mortal Kombat arcade machine and he turns around and pulls out the Scorpion doll
3 - Babality - Scorpion turns Mario into Baby Mario.

1558532629065.png
Sub-Zero with Mortal Kombat II design
1558532654148.png
Sub-Zero's alternate costume from Mortal Kombat 3

Recolors
1 - MK II costume - blue
2 - MK 3 costume - blue
3 - MK II costume - black (Noob Saibot)
4 - MK 3 costume - black (Noob Saibot)
5 - MK II costume - green (Reptile)
6 - MK 3 costume - green (Reptile)
7 - MK II costume - purple (Rain)
8 - MK 3 costume - purple (Rain)

Sub-Zero's special moves
B: Ice Freeze (be careful not to freeze yourself by using this move on a character who is already frozen)
Side+B: Ice Shower (control how close or far the ice shower will land with control stick)
Up+B: Ice Clone
Down+B: Ground Freeze
Final Smash (Fatality): Frosty! (it's actually Ice Grenade from Mortal Kombat II but let's call it "Frosty!" to match Scorpion's Toasty!)

Sub-Zero's victory poses
1 - Classic Sub-Zero's Friendship from Mortal Kombat Trilogy - Sub-Zero plays with a jack-in-a-box and a snowman head pops out.
2 - New Sub-Zero's Friendship from Mortal Kombat Trilogy - Sub-Zero becomes a snowman.
3 - Babality - Sub-Zero turns Luigi into Baby Luigi.

Their normal moves are the same. They are Echo Fighters or semi-clones of each other but they have different special moves (not sure how to classify characters who have the same exact normal moves but completely different special moves).

1558538619346.png
Raiden with Mortal Kombat II design as Assist Trophy

Raiden teleports around and uses the Torpedo move to push opponents around and shoots lightning bolts at them.

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
Killer Instinct - Cinder - one of my favorite characters that I like to use in killer instinct he'll have a have moveset based on fire attacks and such.
I was also strongly considering Cinder or Spinal from the series in a spoiler list. More so Spinal than Cinder, but none the less. KI was good series.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Chun-Li and Morrigan Aensland
They would complete the Capcom crossover fighting game reps as they typically pop up alongside Ryu and Megaman in almost all these games. Smash is pretty much the only crossover where Ryu is here without Chun-Li, let alone Ken, and it’s weird that they didn’t make her an Assist Trophy.

Maybe include Roll using her appearance from classic MVC as well, since she is similar to Ken in being Megaman's original echo fighter.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think Heihachi and Chun-Li are must haves for Smash down the line. Scorpion too if they can get him to work.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Terry Bogard and Kyo Kusanagi are my main picks as well as Nakoruru. Honestly I'd be down for any sort of SNK representation.

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
Terry Bogard and Kyo Kusanagi are my main picks as well as Nakoruru. Honestly I'd be down for any sort of SNK representation.
I'd be down for Rugal, or Ultimate Rugal. Would be more dope(d) than Sherlock.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
I'd add Labrys from the Persona series; she's my most wanted overall.
Here's my ideas for Specials and Smashes (most of the core concepts for these are taken from her appearance in the Arena games, I've only made a few modifications here & there).

Labrys has a Persona, Ariadne, which assists in some of her attacks. Ariadne only appears during some attacks and does not have a hurtbox.
Labrys has 5 Axe Levels:

• Grey: -30% damage & knockback
  • Blue: -10% damage & knockback
  • Green: Standard damage & knockback
  • Yellow: +20% damage, no knockback changes
  • Red: +30% damage & knockback
The axe gauge always starts in Green and only ever goes below it after performing certain actions (pointed out below); it is filled by landing attacks which involve hitting with the axe (every axe attack has different values), and will drain if it is above its standard level 4 seconds after not hitting an enemy, but will never drain past Green level. Hitting with attacks that involve Ariadne do not fill the axe gauge but refresh the hit count, allowing you to maintain a certain level as long as you land Persona-related moves.
As a bonus, by pressing B when axe-related Specials or Smashes hit, you can expend your current axe level to deal an extra hit that increases in power based on how much axe gauge you have consumed; this locks the axe level at Grey for 8 seconds. Cannot be used while in Grey or Blue level.

Specials
Neutral Special: Weaver’s Art: Orb
  • Ariadne starts charging up a sphere which can be held. For this move, I decided to combine the effects of a stationary ‘projectile’ and one of Labrys’ aerial moves from the Arena games, which basically has Ariadne create a small rotating mass of energy which pulls in enemies it hits via multi-hits and also stops Labrys’ aerial movement while charging and a bit after deploying.
  • The basic idea of this move is that you charge it and then position it somewhere to control space, trapping enemies it hits for follow-ups; the longer you charge it, the bigger it will be.
Side Special: Weaver’s Art: Sword
  • Summons Ariadne, who drops light (think Elfire trajectory) onto the floor, which creates a series of energy swords (look more like spears to me lol) that run along the surface they originate on. Holding B longer causes the spears to travel much faster and for longer; at max charge, they will deal damage and hold the target in place instead of causing standard knockback, allowing for follow-ups. If the baldes reach the edge of the stage or a platform, they will continue to run along the surface of it. The uncharged version would travel about the length of a Battlefield platform, while the charged version would travel 3 times that amount; no damage increase in charge. For people familiar with Nu-12 from Blazblue, this would basically be her Spiker Chaser.
Down Special: Brutal Impact OR Guillotine Axe
  • Brutal Impact would act as a counter, but you’d be able to hold it for 2 seconds; getting hit at any point during this period will trigger the counter, with damage and knockback increasing based on how long it has been held. The counter will also trigger at the end of the 2 seconds but will be a much weaker version with very long recovery.
  • Guillotine Axe would similar to the Arena games; a small 360 degrees twirl of the axe around Labrys followed by a bigger arc swing in the direction she is facing. Can be done in the air to have her perform a faster 360 twirl and plummet to the ground, axe first.
Up Special: Chain Knuckle
  • Shoots her free hand after a short delay tethered by a chain. It doesn’t work like a tether, more like how the Links’ Hookshot worked in Melee where it could grab on to any solid part of the stage, not just the edges. It also has a small delay before firing in order to be able to aim it, so you can use it on-stage and aim it downwards for example.
  • If it hits anything it can grab on to or a player, you can press B again to launch yourself towards that direction, which you can angle slightly with the stick. During this movement period, you can do other things like jumping, air dodging and aerials, while pressing B will cause Labrys to perform a spiking slam with her axe.
  • Can do fun stuff like using it while grounded and aiming it diagonally downwards to move forward with a lot of momentum or pulling people from below and using them as a stepping stone to recover etc. Also she doesn’t enter free fall state after using this but can only be used once in the air, unless you get hit. Labrys gets a wall jump if she uses to jump towards a wall but doesn’t have a standard wall jump otherwise.
  • She gets no invincibility, but her hand and chain don’t have a hurtbox.

Smashes
All of Labrys’ Smash attacks have noticeable start-up but gain additional effects as they are charged, thanks to Ariadne.

Side Smash: Weaver’s Art: Beast
  • Labrys puts an edge of her axe on the ground and begins charging, while Ariadne gathers energy and forms it into the shape of a bull as the attack is charged. This attack has three different stages of charging:
  • Charging it for 0 – 0.7 seconds will cause Labrys to perform an uppercut; energy gathered by Ariadne will extend the hitbox a bit further but will not carry as much knockback as the axe hit. Getting hit by the axe will lead to then getting hit by the energy, but you carry the momentum from the first hit.
  • Charging from 0.8 – 1.5 seconds carries the same animation, increased damage, and the energy gathered by Ariadne will now be a fully formed bull head; the second energy hit is now a bull smashing the opponent with its horns. So axe hit into bull hit.
  • Charging from 1.6 seconds until release adds an extremely fast charge to the attack where Labrys scrapes the axe along the floor as she glides with the energy in the form of a bull. Very fast and damaging with great knockback and very damaging on shield but requires a long time to charge.

Down Smash: Weaver’s Art: Breaking Wheel
  • Labrys lifts her axe with both hands and points its crown downwards, charging, while Ariadne gathers energy behind her. When released, she smashes it on the ground, damaging and knocking back anything close to her.
  • Ariadne creates cogs on either side of Labrys, decreasing in size the further they are from her, and adding an additional cog to either side depending on how long the attack is charged (max of two extra cogs on both sides). Extremely damaging on big characters who are hit by multiple cogs, and very good shield pressure; all wheels have fixed knockback but will carry momentum if an enemy is first hit with the axe portion of the move.

Up Smash: Weaver’s Art: Collapse (I made up the name for this move because what I’m basing it on doesn’t seem to have one)
  • Labrys ducks while reaching out with one hand towards the sky, while Ariadne creates energy resembling slabs pointed outwards. Releasing this move causes the slabs on either side to ‘unfold’ like a folding fan, until they meet above Labrys. When fully charged, the slabs that meet at the top have extreme knockback, while uncharged versions see the slabs travel 30 degrees from the ground towards the top (so no charge creates around two slabs that stop at 30 degrees, charging for 0.7 seconds unfolds more slabs that cover 60 degrees, and fully charging it creates a sort of thick plume shape around Labrys).
  • Has a blind spot if standing right next to Labrys on either side, but otherwise possesses great reach on either side, although being hit by the side slabs does not carry into the sweetspot at the top.

Final Smash
Weaver’s Art: Inquisition
  • Her Instant Kill from the Arena games. Ariadne throws energy in the form of a spider web at an enemy, and Labrys detaches one of her arms with her axe and uses it as a kind of flail to wail on the enemy before bringing the axe down in a guillotine fashion.

Taunts:
Up Taunt: Labrys taps the side of her head with her free hand and toasted bread pops out of gaps in her helmet. jk but it'd be dope
Side Taunt: Plunges down her axe and sets one foot on it and says, “Lets end this quick!” (one of her battle quotes from the Arena games)
Down Taunt: Her idle taunt from the Arena games, she braces herself and her axe light flash brightly. Ariadne also appears behind her and swirls energy around them.

Any feedback would be cool.
Thanks if you read it!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
May I suggest the title be altered to remove "non-Smash?"
It is a lot more forward to just ask 'which fighting game character do you want in Smash.'
Currently, the phrasing is akin to a double negative (of which it is not).

As for fighting game characters.

1- HIGHLY want Scorpion (Sub Zero Echo).
2- Only slightly lower is Heihachi.
3- A lot lower than that is Nightmare.

And then it drops pretty significantly.
I can be convinced, especially for fighting game characters (because as of right now we only have Street Fighter, Fist of Fury/SNK, and ARMS), but I would love to be able to have an 8 player Fighting Smash, especially between 8 different franchises.

Of course that is statistically impossible without at least one, if not many, more passes.

Since we have three franchises- I might as well say who I'd likely put as my last two, if I had to choose two more (meaning, the three we have, three I suggested, and two more makes 8).

A- Sukapon. I think he'd be fun.
B- I guess BlazBlue/Guilty Gear/ArcSys or Darkstalkers (Morrigan).

Actually... Sukapon may be after all three of them.

So ArcSys and Darkstalkers.

As far as SNK characters go, there are a lot of options - Kyo Kusanagi, Terry Bogard, Mai Shiranui, Geese Howard, maybe even Rugal Bernstein... Out of those, I'd like to see Terry Bogard - SNK's longtime mascot and master of Engrish. Terry would make for a good contrast with Ryu in terms of appearance, personality, and fighting style (since he's more of a street brawler than a disciplined martial artist), and his moves seem to write themselves. For visuals, this seems like it might help. Basic attacks, throws, etc. could mostly be taken from the various King of Fighters and Fatal Fury games.

B: POWA WAVE! (Power Wave) - a projectile attack that travels along the ground. Not sure if it would work like Cloud's Blade Beam if used in the air

Side B: BARN KNUCKU (Burn Knuckle) - Terry jumps forward with his fist outstretched, giving him plenty of horizontal mobility

Up B: RYSING TACO (Rising Tackle) - Terry's anti-air special from the games, which is a gravity-defying spin kick

Down B: CRACK SHOOT - a horizontal spin kick - not as sure about this one, but it seems like the best fit.

Final Smash: R U OK? BUSTA WOLF! - Terry dashes across the screen, and if he connects with the opponent, he creates a massive energy geyser to send them flying

There's also Heihachi Mishima from Tekken - I'd be interested to see how they could make him work (and he'd make for a nice contrast with the other third party characters, since he's both the face of his franchise and its main villain), but I'm not familiar enough with Tekken to come up with a moveset.
For the record- you really called his moveset well. (Maybe it was obvious, I don't know).
Though you missed the second final smash, Go Moves, second special, and ability to cancel.
Wow, I forgot how many unique tactics he has.

Last edited:

toonito

Smash Ace
I want so many FG characters to debut in Smash but if I had to boil it down to the essentials (bold are new):

Ryu (SF): the face of the genre
Chun-Li (SF): 1st lady of fighting games
one of Heihachi/Jin/Kazuya (T): the main family in 3D fighters
Sol Badguy (GG): main character of the most prominent anime fighter (airdashers); Arc System Works mascot
Nightmare (SC): 3D fighters with weapons; returning the favor from Link's guest appearance in SC2
Nakoruru (SS/KOF): SNK's alternate mascot, use of sash, dagger, and Mamahaha (bird) unique among FG characters
Kyo/Goro/Benimaru or Kyo/Iori/Chizuru (KOF): Squad Strike style team to represent the team format of KOF, each character is a stock

Honorable Mention:
Scorpion (w/ Sub-Zero echo) (MK): due to localization and violence probably may never enter Smash

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Got a lot of feelings about fighting games so I’m gonna have to rapid fire and try to keep it to at least semi-known series.

1: Any Darkstalkers rep, though most likely Demitri (the main character), Morrigan (the character who may as well be the main character), or Hsien-Ko (personal favorite). Demitri and Morrigan are self explanatory, they’re the ‘main’ characters of Darkstalkers and considering Morrigan is wearing about the same style outfit as ZSS it shouldnt be an issue. But if it is, my girl Lei Lei Hsien-Ko is right there! And it might convince Capcom that Darkstalkers still have some appeal, instead of basing that fact on the third rerelease of decade old games that weren’t even the definitive versions I will never stop being bitter about that CAPCOM

2: Sol Badguy because not only is he rad, but Guilty Gear music is also rad. Let me know when I can Riot Stamp Pichu with Birthday Train grooving in the background. Dragon Install would make for an interesting moveset gimmick, make it a temporary form change like when Joker gets Arsene? It wouldn’t be anyone except Sol, but runner up goes to Slayer. Who doesn’t love Slayer.

3: Amingo. Look, the Capcom Vs series is one of the most influential and iconic fighting franchises around, but since it’s crossover focused you don’t have many original characters involved in it. ...Except Amingo. Ruby Heart was a rejected Darkstalker, Sonson was a reimagining of an older property. But Amingo is just there. And cmon, who doesn’t was a big dancing cactus man as the next DLC rep? And MvC2 music? Give me the option to make the character select screen play I Wanna Take You For A Ride and I’ll be golden.

4: Filia or Peacock from Skullgirls, I don’t care how awful Mike Z is, Skullgirls deserves ONE victory in it's incredibly cursed lifespan.

5: Chun Li or Q, Street Fighter. Chunners is obvious, the First Lady of Fighting Games, eternally iconic and beloved, yadda yadda. But Q, I just need Q to appear again. And not as a costume for G, a real appearance. Pity slot goes to Hakan because I’m officially one of the 5 Hakan fans in the world and I have to make it known.

6: Bravo from Chaos Code. ...Anyone remember Chaos Code? It’s the fighting game by ArcSys that isn’t Guilty Gear. Or Blazblue. Or Persona Arena. Or FighterZ. That’s the one. Look, if no one even remembers it, who cares right? Throw in the big burly chef grappler dude instead of the generic protagonist.

Honorable mention overall goes to Ryougi Shiki from Melty Blood because I remembered that Kara no Kyoukai was a novel series not a visual novel series, so she probably doesn’t fit the bill for Smash. Sorry, but Melty Blood continue to be the king of poverty fighters.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I'd want Q-Bee from Darkstalkers, just because i like bees.
But i don't think her design would really work in smash.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For the record- you really called his moveset well. (Maybe it was obvious, I don't know).
Though you missed the second final smash, Go Moves, second special, and ability to cancel.
Wow, I forgot how many unique tactics he has.
Yeah, specials seemed easy to predict for the most part. If I had gotten his regular moves right, I feel like that would have been more impressive, but Rising Tackle was pretty much his Shoryuken equivalent, Power Wave was pretty much his Hadoken equivalent, and both Crack Shoot and Burn Knuckle moved him forward, so either would work for his side special.

To add on to my original post, I've played a bit of Guilty Gear XX and Xrd since I made that post, and I'd be interested to see how they'd incorporate Sol Badguy into the game. His specials seem like they'd be fairly straightforward, though I'd like to see what kind of mechanics they'd be able to incorporate from Guilty Gear into Smash. (I haven't played either game particularly in-depth, so I don't know what kind of unique mechanics they have aside from Roman Cancelling and a meter that rewards aggression and punishes you for running away and not being active.

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
I guess Merkava but I'm not entirely sure how well his special moves could translate to smash, I feel like they wouldn't be great for comboing out of standards.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Yeah, specials seemed easy to predict for the most part. If I had gotten his regular moves right, I feel like that would have been more impressive, but Rising Tackle was pretty much his Shoryuken equivalent, Power Wave was pretty much his Hadoken equivalent, and both Crack Shoot and Burn Knuckle moved him forward, so either would work for his side special.

To add on to my original post, I've played a bit of Guilty Gear XX and Xrd since I made that post, and I'd be interested to see how they'd incorporate Sol Badguy into the game. His specials seem like they'd be fairly straightforward, though I'd like to see what kind of mechanics they'd be able to incorporate from Guilty Gear into Smash. (I haven't played either game particularly in-depth, so I don't know what kind of unique mechanics they have aside from Roman Cancelling and a meter that rewards aggression and punishes you for running away and not being active.
The Smash community has definitely gotten me sold on Sol.

He is still number 4 on my wanted fighting series' representation, but he's on it, now!
(Every day that passes, I think I want Scorpion more and more. A fighting platform game should have more fighting characters, in my eyes).

Gengar84

Smash Hero
My top three would be Fulgore, Sub-Zero, and Nightmare. I would honestly be happy with a new fighter’s pass dedicated exclusively to fighting game characters. Here’s the pass I would love to see:

Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
Jin Kazama (Tekken)
Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)

All of these characters are very distinct from each other and the rest of the Smash cast and would all have very unique movesets.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Chun-Li
Scorpion
Nightmare
Heihachi
Sol Badguy

Makes more sense. (I like Jin Kazama too but these characters are more iconic) You don't even like Fulgore

If I were going with. Characters I like it would be:
Kung Loa
Cyrax
Motaro
Khameleon
Shang Tsung
All Mortal Kombat baby

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Chun-Li
Scorpion
Nightmare
Heihachi
Sol Badguy

Makes more sense. (I like Jin Kazama too but these characters are more iconic) You don't even like Fulgore

If I were going with. Characters I like it would be:
Kung Loa
Cyrax
Motaro
Khameleon
Shang Tsung
All Mortal Kombat baby
I’ve always liked Fulgore. I think I like every character from Killer Instinct. My current favorites are Hisako, Glacius, Fulgore, and Maya. mained Orchid in the past mostly because I was good with her but I’ve always preferred Fulgore.

I was always under the impression that Jin was the main protagonist of Tekken where Heihachi and Kazuya are the main villains. I’ve barely played Tekken but Jin is my favorite design from that game.

Finally, Chun-Li is cool and makes a lot of sense to add but I would much rather represent other games than have a third Street Fighter character.My favorites from that game have always been Guile and Vega anyways.

Last edited:

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Finally, Chun-Li is cool and makes a lot of sense to add but I would much rather represent other games than have a third Street Fighter character.My favorites from that game have always been Guile and Vega anyways.
Sexist. JK. Sakeria Clearly has a lot of respect for Street fighter and Chun-Li is an iconic female. Probably up there with Lora Croft. Some people call her the first lady of video games. Smash bros is filled with icons and she'd be so different from every other fighter the way she uses her kicks. If I had to pick one fighter over what they bring to gaming history it would be Chun-Li....

But my favorite Street fighter character is Zangief

DynoStretch

Smash Cadet
I gotta be completely honest that I'm not good at fighting games. I like them but I'm terrible at them, exact opposite problem I have with Scrabble.

So there isn't really a lot of fighting game characters I can think to recommend.

I guess if I could pick anyone it would be Labrys from Persona 4 Arena. I was a huge fan of Persona 4 and was happy to see Arena was treated as a full fledged sequel. I was wary about the idea of Yu and his friends beating the tartar sauce out of each other but the story actually turned out to be about that very problem I had, and it handled that very dilemma with respect. The game controls were simple enough that even a fighting game babby like me could play it functionally, and I just loved seeing the P4 and P3 cast working together.

Labrys herself was a very enjoyable character to the story, and she'd stand out pretty well as a fighter in Smash with her android abilities and her giant mecha ax. Maybe I could see her final smash to call on Shadow Labrys to crush the enemies with Asterius.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Sexist. JK. Sakeria Clearly has a lot of respect for Street fighter and Chun-Li is an iconic female. Probably up there with Lora Croft. Some people call her the first lady of video games. Smash bros is filled with icons and she'd be so different from every other fighter the way she uses her kicks. If I had to pick one fighter over what they bring to gaming history it would be Chun-Li....

But my favorite Street fighter character is Zangief
Oh I have nothing against Chun-Li and I actually like her, I just wouldn’t personally be as excited getting a third character from a series than a whole new series. We already have a lot of good Street Fighter music so I don’t know how much she could offer in that department.

Chun-Li is definitely one of the most iconic females in gaming but I don’t think it’s really accurate to call her the First Lady. Peach, Zelda, and Samus all came before her and are very iconic themselves. I would be open to adding her as a sixth slot in this hypothetical pass though.

As for Labrys, I’m a big Persona fan and she would be really cool. I put over 60 hours in Persona Arena beating everyone’s stories but I feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface when it comes to actual gameplay. I’m terribleat fighting games too but I do still really appreciate some of the great character designs a lot of them have.

Last edited:

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I just got Saber Wulf (2004) for gameboy advance by Rare. I love seeing that vicious monster from killer instinct in his original rated E state. Maybe they can reference that game with a light blue pallet swap with a tail. That would be cool.

Top Bottom