• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What new franchises do you wanna see represented in the fighters pass?

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I am thinking of what new franchises could be represented in the fighters pack but I can't think of much. So what franchises do you all wanna see?

SKX31

Smash Master
I am thinking of what new franchises could be represented in the fighters pack but I can't think of much. So what franchises do you all wanna see?
Using mostly (semi-)obscure franchises on Nintendo's end (since most are already in):

ARMS
Puzzle League / Panel de Pon (Lip's games, the flower item comes from there)
Style Savvy
Project H.A.M.M.E.R or another rep from a scrapped game (yes, really. Why not show the world you're reviving a previously doomed project?)

Third Party:

Assassin's Creed
StarCraft / Diablo
Tekken
Crash Bandicoot

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
For 3rd party franchises:

Mystical Ninja
Banjo-Kazooie
Shantae
Soul Caliber

For Nintendo franchises, there isn't really any new series I am interested in to see make it into the Season Pass. Pretty much all the remaining Nintendo characters I want would be additional reps for franchises that are already represented in the roster.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
  • Any SNK franchise
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Shantae
  • Cave Story

D

Deleted member

• Crypt of the NecroDancer
  • Musou/Warriors (most specifically Dynasty Warriors)
  • Cooking Mama
  • Soulcalibur
  • Ninja Gaiden
I'll be pretty bummed out if none of these franchises are on the Fighter Pass that's for sure.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
  • Frogger
  • Spyro (sorry, never grew up with Crash)
  • Conker
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Minecraft
  • Halo
  • GTA (let's get it CJ)
Any of those and it's over.

andree123

Smash Ace
Very Likely to happen: Banjo-Kazooie, Tales of, Dragon Quest
Dreams: Crash, PvZ, Worms, Ys

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Under Night in Birth
Danganronpa
Maple Story
Dungeon Fighter Online
Idolm@ster
Arcana Heart

Last edited:

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
Any and all retro Nintendo series, we are due a rep

Mach Rider
Devil World
Tin Star

Bring em on

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
The Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series is really the only franchise I want to see in Smash at this point since my other most wanted series, Persona, just got in.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
DOOM
Resident Evil 1(Remake specifically)
Devil May Cry
Metal Slug
Conker
Battletoads
Crash Bandicoot
Tekken
Soul Calibur
Mortal Kombat
Guilty Gear
Mach Rider

Annnnd that's all I could come up with.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Rayman
Shantae
Tales Of
The World Ends With You
Xenosaga
Rhythm Heaven
Astral Chain

D

Deleted member

Im in the assumption that Smash Ultimate is only gonna feature Third Party DLC franchises new to Smash. Because of this, Golden Sun and Rhythm Heaven are out. Sad because those 2 were frontrunners for base game in my eyes. There's Startropics but the fact that it wasn't even represented in Smash says that in the eyes of Smash, it doesn't exist.

Anyway, moving on to possible candidates.

-Ninja Gaiden is the number one here. I usually am not a fan of M Rated franchises in Smash, i always think that they just clash with Smash is meant to be, and no, just because we have them in the roster doesn't change this in my eyes (in fact it has made me dislike them more, thanks Bayo) but i give this one an OK becuase of 1 reason: The more family friendly yet mature in tone NES installments. This is in my opinion, the next step to take after Mega Man and Castlevania beign represented in Smash. Another Classic Side Scrolling Third Party series that was heavily associated with the Nintendo Entertaintment System (it even got advertised via Nintendo Power with its own cover to boot) while i respect the 2000's version of the franchise, my heart goes to the classic trilogy, and i hope Sakurai at least takes inspiration for at least half of the representation should Ninja Gaiden debut in Smash. Plus, Tecmo Koei is a company that has supported Nintendo's systems for a while, Including the Switch, a character in Smash is a fitting Collaboration, and what better character to be their ambassador than one of Tecmo's earlier successes and mascots in the gaming world? (no Kasumi, you wait in line)

-Crash Bandicoot is second spot. Crash was one of my earlier gaming memories. He actually was the first character i ever wanted in Smash, but as time went on, i gave up on it. Now with the N. Sane Trilogy in action, i see Crash not as likely. but plausible. For one, he's basically the PS1 equivalent of Sonic, highly influential and popular mascot to 90's western gamers, so much so that he was also seen as Mario's rival in that era during the 64 VS PS1 battle, but now he's a multiplat hero like the blue blur yet still fondly remembered by many gamers. Second, unlike many other western characters like Doom Guy, Crash has a following in Japan, that alone is a great advantage against ANY other character that comes from the U.S of A, plus he's an easier transition from the first western character we just got (the British Bear and Bird:Banjo & Kazooie) so it will not feel jarring. The only thing i really hope for Crash's representation in Smash is some Twinsanity music, please.

Thats's pretty much it, really. Some honorable mentions:

-Tales. I recently have played Tales of Vesperia, and i can see that this franchise, while not as mainstream as Tekken, is so easy to implement in Smash that it's absurd that it hasn't gotten a character yet if we talk from a gameplay perspective. It's decently big (around 20 million copies worldwide) I like Yuri Lowell, but i know that if anyone's gotta come and be the Tales Guy in Smash, it better be that guy from Super Smash Flash 2. Just please no Velvet, Cress or anyone not named Yuri or Lloyd.

-I have seen some people talk about a potential third Capcom franchise via DLC. All of the choices people have proposed bore me.......except fot everyone's favorite hard as nails Monster-Themed Platforming series not named Castlevania: GHOSTS N GOBLINS. I would love to have a Sir Arthur V.S Simon Belmont match up. Also Bionic Commando but that's not gonna happen in this plane of existence (please somone visit my Rad Specner thread *sniff*)

-I.....don't care about SNK, but i guess something like King of Fighters would be nice.

-Professor Layton.....nuff said. I know of much of Professor Layton as i know about Quantum Physics, but he would be cool for his fans.

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
NO MORE HEROES

(Not complaining about the DQ Heroes, I mean the Suda51 games)

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Crash Bandicoot, Coco as 4 alt. outfits and either Lara Croft or Master Cheif

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Advance Wars & Crash Bandicoot.

My most wanted 1st party & 3rd party respectively.

Assuming AT's could also be accounted for then Golden Sun would be on there as well.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Depends on what you mean by "new"
For me SMRPG is at the top with Geno being the playable character
Rayman is second
Crash and Spyro are tied for third then...
Resident Evil, Doom, Ninja Gaiden, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Ratchet & Clank, Shovel Knight, ARMS, Diablo or any Heroes of the Storm/Blizzard characters (personally I like Nazeebo), Golden Sun, Undertale/Deltarune, Hollow Knight, Advance Wars, Turok, Perfect Dark, GoldenEye, Tales of series, and the list goes on...

Top Bottom