• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What New Content could we see for Challenger Pack 8?

DFAB36DF-8913-4AF7-8E68-7F83AA8F62B8.jpeg

The Game Awards Show revealed that Sephiroth will be bringing his massive katana, Masamune, to fight against the Smash roster in the next Challenger Pack. As with all Challenger Packs, there will be an obligatory fighter and stage plus music, numerous Spirits, and affiliated Mii Fighter Costumes. Unless you’ve just recently been brought back to life by a Phoenix Down, you may remember that Cloud and Final Fantasy had a depressingly small amount of content. Two Fighter Spirits, one stage and two music tracks to be exact. Needless to say, it’s understandable that people are wary about incoming content from Final Fantasy VII and beyond. This has led to jokes and memes about Challenger Pack 8 potentially having two Fighter Spirits and just one song: One-Winged Angel. Jokes and memes aside, what sort of content would appear in a traditional Challenger Pack for Final Fantasy VII?

Spirits and Spirit Battles

It goes without saying that Final Fantasy VII has tons of great content to offer in terms of Spirits and Spirit Battles. These could range from stage elements like the Midgar summons or the airship, the Highwind. That being said, what sort of characters could be given the Spirit treatment?

Party members would probably be the first inclusions given their importance and prominence. These include:
  • Barret Wallace
  • Tifa Lockhart
  • Aerith Gainsborough
  • Red XIII
  • Cait Sith
  • Cid Highwind
  • Vincent Valentine
  • Yuffie Kisaragi

Following them, it would make sense to include important and pivotal characters and monsters from the game. These could include:
  • Zack Fair
  • Biggs and Wedge
  • Jessie
  • Don Corneo
  • Andrea Rhodea
  • Angeal Hewley
  • Genesis Rhapsodos
  • Rufus Shinra
  • The Turks
  • Professor Hojo
  • JENOVA
  • Safer Sephiroth
  • Omega Weapon
  • Behemoth
  • Moogle
  • Cactuar
  • Chocobo
That’s quite a long list for a series that was initially the most under-represented series in the game. However, it wouldn’t be surprising to just get Spirits of some of the party members perhaps with a boss or two.

So, what would a few of these Spirit Battles look like? I drafted a very brief write-up of these Spirit Battles to possibly indicate what they would look like.

Red XIII

1C39A443-5252-49D5-81D0-5A3B8E6A0CF9.png

Fighter:
:ultduckhunt:(Red)
Stage: Gaur Plains
Song: Red XIII Theme
Match: Stamina
Rules:
  • Opponent comes equipped with a Bunny Hood.
  • Opponents have increased explosive damage output.
  • Attacks do more damage during the night phase of Gaur Plains.

Don Corneo
AD3C094A-C5B6-4EB9-95AE-5667E20D390C.png

Fighters:
:ultwario: (Blue), :ultpeach:, :ultzelda:, :ultcorrinf: (Female)
Stage: Moray Towers (Night)
Song: Underneath the Rotting Pizza
Match: Stock
Rules:
  • Defeat the main opponent.
  • KO’ing the opponent’s allies increases their attack damage.
  • Runs away from the opponent after 50% damage.
Genesis Rhapsodos
9D01E2FC-4F15-4B96-AE66-344829E47D08.png

Fighter:
:ultsephiroth: (Red)
Stage: The Great Cave Offensive
Song: SOLDIER Battle
Match: Stamina
Rules:
  • Sword attacks deal more damage.
  • Opponents are constantly in One-Winged Angel mode.
  • Opponent gains the Final Smash quicker.
Chocobo
9C5427DF-00C2-4B95-8702-3DDBC6BECD2F.jpeg

Fighter:
:ultfalco: (x5), King :ultkingdedede: (x5)
Stage: Dream Land 64 (Battlefield)
Song: Chocobo Races
Match: Stock
Rules:
  • Opponents have increased speed.
  • Opponents come in waves of three.
  • Opponents will attack on mass instead of individually.
Mii Fighter Outfits

As for Mii Fighter outfits, I chose two from Final Fantasy VII and two more from the greater franchise. Just for fun, I included a returning Mii Fighter and three additional ones from iconic monsters.

EAAC78B1-AA32-4A7B-A987-AE52416273F0.png
65B856E8-1317-4C18-AC5C-4F155A019983.png

1. Barret Wallace Mii Gunner
  2. Tifa Lockhart (Advent Children) Mii Brawler
These two are easily the most popular party members. Vincent and Red are also quite popular but not up to the same pedigree as Barret and Tifa. Talking about Tifa, she was difficult to include because of the “Mai Shiranui factor” hence why the more subdued Advent Children version was chosen.

Warrior of Light Mii Swordfighter

DE4E0E58-154E-45CC-95DA-3C8318DA7A06.png

The Warrior of Light was the first Final Fantasy protagonist ever and set the tone for many more to come. Unlike later heroes, the Warrior of Light is more of a blank slate that allows players to mold his personality and behavior. He also notably took on a far larger role in the Dissidia games.

Terra Bradford Mii Swordfighter

017BC5E8-7B9B-47B3-9FE1-0B8F6B1C9BB8.png

After Cloud, Terra is one of the most iconic protagonists and was often talked about as the Final Fantasy rep prior to Cloud’s reveal. Including her as a Mii costume would bring this topic back around full circle. Now I want a playable Kefka...
  1. Chocobo Hat
  2. Moogle Hat
  3. Cactuar Hat
  4. Marlboro Hat
The Chocobo Hat is for sure returning, but what about other iconic Final Fantasy creatures? Moogle, Marlboro, and Cactuar are all iconic and recurring monsters, with Moogles taking on a more expansive role in other games. In fact, Mog the Moogle joined Terra’s party in Final Fantasy VI.

Classic Mode: Tragic Heartbreaker

Several Classic Mode routes have been proposed by fans such as Sephiroth fighting against opponents who have suffered through mental anguish or even just a route themed around anime swordsman. Mine takes a more devilish turn but I’m not going to explain the reference as it would spoil the impact. Please let me know in the comments below if you got the references!

Round 1 - Vs. :ultpokemontrainerf: x2 (Female and :ultpokemontrainer: alt, only Charizard)

Round 2 - Vs. :ultlucina: and:ultrobin:

Round 3 - Vs. :ultvillagerf: (Female and :ultvillager: alt)

Round 4 - Vs. :ultdaisy: and:ultluigi:

Round 5 - Vs. :ultpeach: and :ultmario:

Round 6 - Vs. :ultzelda: and:ultlink:

Final Round - Vs. :ultzelda: followed by :ultcloud:, :ultsamus:, and:ultlittlemac:

This last one requires an explanation. The initial opponent is Zelda and, after KO’ing her, the second phase is against a team with Cloud, Samus, and Little Mac. Can you guess who they represent?

Music

Sadly, there were only two tracks available at the launch of Ultimate for Final Fantasy with One-Winged Angel coming soon with Challenger Pack #8. However, unless Square-Enix cheapens out, we could be getting more music from Final Fantasy VII and beyond.

J-E-N-O-V-A

Opening Theme, Bombing Mission

Hurry!

Underneath the Rotting Pizza

Crazy Motorcycle Chase

Red XIII’s Theme

Electric de Chocobo

Racing Chocobos

Birth of a God

Battle in the Forgotten City - Final Fantasy: Advent Children

The Great Northern Cave - Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

SOLDIER Battle - Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

The Price of Freedom - Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

https://youtu.be/wPHYWsvBB4Y
Final Fantasy - Dissidia

There could also be Final Fantasy VII Remake music as well but there doesn’t seem to be any usable videos on Youtube to include.

What do you think of this list of content? What Spirit Battles do you want us to see? How about music? Which songs do you think fit well with the stages Midgar and (name pending) Northern Crater? We didn’t talk about Sephiroth’s stage, so what do you think this stage is about? Do you have any ideas about it? Let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Editing:
@Zerp
Thumbnail Graphic: @Zerp
Social: @Zerp

Last edited:
Venus of the Desert Bloom

Comments

Mii Costume Predictions:
  • Tifa (Brawler)
  • Barrett/Vincent (Gunner)
  • Aerith/Zack (Swordfighter)
  • Chocobo
Songs:
  • One Winged Angel (Advent Children Version)
  • J-E-N-O-V-A.
  • Crazy Motorcycle Chase.

Last edited:
I honestly think they'll take this opportunity to put the Geno (also Square) costume back in, either the same one that was in Smash 4 or some sort of Deluxe one that comes with a SMRPG track. Other than that, I think we'll see the Chocobo hat return, Tifa, Barrett, and Aerith. Maybe one or two completely unrelated ones. As for music, I'm not familiar enough with the FF7 / FF soundtrack overall, but I'd love one of those Chocobo songs and obviously One Winged Angel. I'm thinking there will be more tracks than the memes would indicate, but not more than 10 in total. Probably 5-10?

D
This is a very nice writeup, but if they didn't even bother to give Sephiroth an alt costume in red to hint at Genesis, I don't think he's going to be in as a Spirit. Truth be told, while there are a couple of nice things in Crisis Core, overall it was kinda garbage. This Spirit event likely won't have much outside the main party with a possibility of Jenova,
(
, and maybe

With as much as the trailer takes inspiration from Advent Children, there's a slight chance that Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo could make an appearance, but...since its a movie and not a game, its doubtful.

Call me a pessimist but I doubt we're getting songs beyond One-Winged Angel OG and One-Winged Angel (Advent Children) as tracks

Call me a pessimist but I doubt we're getting songs beyond One-Winged Angel OG and One-Winged Angel (Advent Children) as tracks
i dont mind it. one winged angel is a badass song, so if thats all we get, its fine with me.

Last edited:
imagine they show the geno mii costume and everyone goes ballistic on twitter
So I've always been on the side with Geno fans, hoping that they get their character one day because they are some of the most dedicated around, but Square has a lot of popular current day series, so it's a tough fight. Kingdom Hearts, NieR, TWEWY, any number of Final Fantasy, to name just a few. Not trying to start any fights, but if Nintendo is trying to please the largest groups of people, Sephiroth as a choice makes a lot of sense.

Not what people want, but I'd be happy with a Geno Mii Costume, especially if it's one that comes with Beware the Forest's Mushrooms or Fight Against an Armed Boss, which are both incredibly good tracks.

Oh right, back where I was going with this. I think a Geno costume might even be likely on Thursday. The most likely / feasible scenario I see, if Geno is going to be in any form playable. Unless they pull an end of the pass add on like Piranha Plant.

Geno and Sora Mii costume, two for one like Travis Touchdown and Bomberman were.

I would like to think we get a satisfactory number of tracks, ten at the most.

Have One Winged Angel among them, and maybe the Advent Children remix. If Square-Enix are more lenient to adding another Final Fantasy character, and how Dragon Quest had a plethora of tracks, I imagine we'd see something similar.

Sephiroth actually boosted Geno's chances a bit. I mean, Square letting Sephiroth in show they aren't as stingy with their IPs(though still really stingy), so let's just see what happens.

Imma be bold and declare that Sephiroth will be Square Enix’s Terry in that he brings a wide variety of content from various SE franchises. Quoting my posts from elsewhere:
My final bets on Miis for Sephiroth’s presentation:

• Neku (Brawler)
  • Lara (Gunner, it was originally Barret but I was like nah)
  • 2B (Swordfighter)
  • Crono (Swordfighter)
  • Geno (Returning Gunner)
  • Chocobo (Returning Hat)
  • Non-Square Enix PreMiium: Monokuma (Brawler, Danganronpa Medley song included)

see what I did there? 7 costumes???

the other franchises that aren’t Monokuma DR have their music bundled with him. I’ll get to that in another post

...rip Sora tho he gets nothing
ah yes that brings me to...

my wild ass prediction of what non-Mii content Sephiroth will bring

Spirit Board:
  • Barret
  • Aerith
  • Tifa
  • Cid
  • Vincent
  • Red XIII
  • AND HERE'S WHERE THINGS GET INTERESTING - THEY GONNA PULL A TERRY WITH HIM AND INCLUDE CONTENT FROM OTHER S-E GAMES. First up: Terra (FFVI)
  • Noctis (FFXV)
  • Lightning (FFXIII)
  • Agnes (Bravely Default)
  • Neku (The World Ends With You)
  • 2B (NieR Automata)
  • Edge Maverick (Star Ocean The Last Hope)
  • Roddick Farrence (Star Ocean First Departure R)
  • Crono (Chrono Trigger)
  • ...and they're also gonna throw the Geno Spirit in here too for who heckin knows what reason
Music:
  • One Winged Angel (new remix)
  • J-E-N-O-V-A (Dissidia ver)
  • Decisive Battle (FFVI)
  • Saber's Edge (FFXIII)
  • A Beautiful Song (NieR Automata)
  • That Person's Name Is (Bravely Default)
  • Chrono Trigger Battle Theme (Remix)
  • Dragon God (Chrono Cross)
  • Blood On The Keys (Star Ocean The Last Hope)
  • Stab The Sword of Justice (Star Ocean Second Evolution)
  • Beware The Forest's Mushrooms (Super Mario RPG)
  • Twister Remix (The World Ends With You)
  • ...does Tomb Raider have notable music? If so throw it here i guess
Other:
  • the FIRST EVER DLC ASSIST TROPHY: Aerith Gainsborough. I'm going all in my dudes
if this happens this may be my favorite fighter pack not necessarily for Sephiroth himself but the content he brings

also i am begging u guys to play at least one (1) star ocean game. it's like tales but in SPAAAAAAAAAAACE
Also include a Zack spirit and Otherworld from FFX (as that’s the closest thing to Jecht, another FF (designated at least) villain im a fan of, being in Smash) and ye this is The Dream(TM)

ALSO since his trailer involved WoL, he’ll come with WoL Very Hard Mode. Hero also had a WoL themed trailer and he came with Very Easy Mode. Coincidence? I think NOT!

Last edited:
Mii Costume predictions:
  • Tifa (Brawler)
  • Barret (Gunner)
  • Aerith (Swordfighter)
  • Chocobo Hat (Universal)
  • Geno (Gunner; Deluxe Ver.)
Classic Mode: Fractured Fantasy (Fights characters who reference the first 7 Final Fantasy games; Sephiroth has 300HP all throughout)
Round 1: :ulthero::ulthero3::ulthero4::ulthero2: (75HP each) on Find Mii (Save the World, Heroes!)
Round 2: :ultganondorf: (200HP) on :castlesiege: (Lord of a Dead Empire)
Round 3: :ultbayonetta: (180HP) on Northern Crater (J-E-N-O-V-A)
Round 4: :ultmarth::ultike: (free-for-all; 150HP each) on :spearpillar: (Battle! Team Galactic)
Round 5: :ultkirby:x5 (60HP) on Super Happy Tree (King Dedede's Theme (Brawl))
Round 6: Marx
FInal Round:
:ultcloud: (300HP) on Northern Crater (One-Winged Angel)

Spirit Board predictions:
  1. Sephiroth (Fighter Spirit)
  2. Cloud Strife (:ultcloud:, :starman::starman::starman:) -> Cloud Strife (Advent Children) (:starman::starman::starman::starman:)
  3. Aerith Gainsborough (:ultzelda:, :starman::starman::starman:)
  4. Barret Wallace (:ultgunner:, :starman::starman:)
  5. Tifa Lockhart (:ultryu:, :starman::starman:)
  6. Ifrit (:ultbowser:, :starman::starman:)
  7. Ramuh (:ultrobin:, :starman::starman:)
  8. Odin (:ulthero3:, :starman::starman::starman:)
  9. Leviathan (:ultgreninja:, :starman:)
  10. Bahamut ZERO (:ultridley:, :starman::starman::starman:)
  11. Zack Fair (:ultcloud:, :starman::starman::starman::starman:)

Last edited:
Considering that Among Us just got Shadow-dropped on the Switch today... Here are my predictions for Mii Costumes.

Barrett (Gunner)
Tifa (Brawler)
2B (Swordfighter)
Crewmate/Impostor (Among Us, functions like Bomberman Mii with choose-able colors)
Jonesy (Fortnite, Gunner)
Geno (Deluxe Mii, comes with music track)

Imma be bold and declare that Sephiroth will be Square Enix’s Terry in that he brings a wide variety of content from various SE franchises. Quoting my posts from elsewhere:

Also include a Zack spirit and Otherworld from FFX (as that’s the closest thing to Jecht, another FF (designated at least) villain im a fan of, being in Smash) and ye this is The Dream(TM)

ALSO since his trailer involved WoL, he’ll come with WoL Very Hard Mode. Hero also had a WoL themed trailer and he came with Very Easy Mode. Coincidence? I think NOT!
WoL Very Hard mode would be interesting, never thought about that. I don't think I'd ever go back and play that ever (I like the concept but it was far too long and monotonous imo), but adding options to previous game modes always gets a vote from me.

I think my favorite mode alteration / addition would be to add Squad Strike to online somehow. I really like the 3v3 and 5v5 setups and with COVID and all that, playing Squad with friends isn't really an option.

Last edited:
Classic Mode: Tragic Heartbreaker

Several Classic Mode routes have been proposed by fans such as Sephiroth fighting against opponents who have suffered through mental anguish or even just a route themed around anime swordsman. Mine takes a more devilish turn but I’m not going to explain the reference as it would spoil the impact. Please let me know in the comments below if you got the references!

Round 1 - Vs. :ultpokemontrainerf: x2 (Female and :ultpokemontrainer: alt, only Charizard)

Round 2 - Vs. :ultlucina: and:ultrobin:

Round 3 - Vs. :ultvillagerf: (Female and :ultvillager: alt)

Round 4 - Vs. :ultdaisy: and:ultluigi:

Round 5 - Vs. :ultpeach: and :ultmario:

Round 6 - Vs. :ultzelda: and:ultlink:

Final Round - Vs. :ultzelda: followed by :ultcloud:, :ultsamus:, and:ultlittlemac:

This one requires an explanation. The initial opponent is Zelda and, after KO’ing her, the second phase is against a team with Cloud, Samus, and Little Mac. Can you guess who they represent?
I get what this is; it's about murdering a female character accompanied by a male friend! And Little Mac and Samus represent Tifa and Barret, respectively, right?

In terms of Sephiroth's Classic mode path, it could involve fighting against female protagonists who are teamed up with male protagonists. However, one of the rounds would be a one-on-one fight against Cloud. All matches would be stamina matches, with Sephiroth starting with 200 HP per round.

Classic Mode Path
  • Round 1: :ultpeach: (100 HP) & :ultmario: (100 HP)
  • Round 2: :ultzelda: (100 HP) & :ultlink: (100 HP)
  • Round 3: :ultlucina: (100 HP) & :ultrobin: (100 HP)
  • Round 4: :ultrosalina: (200 HP) & :ultkirby: (x4; 50 HP each; red, blue, yellow, and green palettes)
    • Note 1: Each Kirby is handicapped to deal less damage than normal, and take greater knockback than normal.
    • Note 2: This is a 6-player match.
  • Round 5: :ultpalutena: (300 HP; 1.8x-size) & :ultpit: (x15; 20 HP each; all palette colors are used)
    • Note 1: Palutena doesn't appear until all 15 Pits are KO'd.
    • Note 2: Up to 3 Pits are fought at the same time.
    • Note 3: Each Pit is handicapped to deal less damage than normal.
  • Round 6: :ultcloud: (200 HP)
    • Note: Cloud enters an infinite Limit Break status when his current HP drops below 100.
  • Bonus Stage
  • Final Round: Galeem

Last edited:
I'm ashamed to say I don't recognize the references in Classic Paths in the slightest.
... And I used to be a HUGE FF geek. Especially 7 (although I never played any of it's spinoffs/quels)

I get what this is; it's about murdering a female character accompanied by a male friend! And Little Mac and Samus represent Tifa and Barret, respectively, right?
Correcto-mundo

Why no Deluxe prediction? That's the most important thing outside of the character.
I had considered it whole writing this up and, with that in mind, I could see either Black Mage or Geno getting that deluxe Mii costume. I wanted to keep things light though and include only FF content hence why I didn’t highlight Sora or Geno.

I personally want a Black Mage Mii Costume.
And Zack Fair should have been an Echo Fighter for Cloud. Maybe we can get Echo Fighters in the future, but I'm still salty over Shadow, Proto Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Zack, Dry Bowser, and Funky Kong.

In terms of content, I'm not really expecting that much:
  • 2 music tracks: One Winged Angel (Final Fantasy 7) and One Winged Angel (Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children), the latter of which was used in the trailer.
  • Not expecting much in the way of Spirits, though in a best case scenario I could see them going with: Sephiroth (Fighter Spirit, Smash Render and Shirtless Alt Render), Barret (FF7R Render), Tifa (FF7R Render), Aerith (FF7R Render), Chocobo (FF7R Render), Moogle (FF7R Render), Cactuar (FF7R Render), JENOVA (FF7R Render), and Safer Sephiroth (Final Smash PNG). Worst case scenario would be them simply offering the Secret of Mana 3, Octopath Traveler and SMRPG Spirits.
  • My Mii Costume predictions are as follows: The Geno Costume and Chocobo Hat return, with the Geno Costume being upgraded to a full body outfit. A Mii Costume based on Tifa or Barret seem like safe guesses, though I'm not 100% on that. A Crono or 2B Swordfighter outfit also seem decently likely. A Gex Mii Brawler outfit would be the dream. And finally Cacomallow and/or the Mii Costume Guy's predicitons coming true seem possible as well.

Geno understand, but Sora? Even if Nomura requested it even briefly, Nintendo wouldn’t negotiate with Disney just for a $0.75 costume of a character Disney owns.
yeah and a problem is if sora gets in elsa and Rey skywalker would get a chance of being in Smash which is something i can definitly do without
i think sora (with Ultima Sword) as a Mii Costume is as far as we can go

yeah and a problem is if sora gets in elsa and Rey skywalker would get a chance of being in Smash which is something i can definitly do without
i think sora (with Ultima Sword) as a Mii Costume is as far as we can go
1. No they wouldn't. Sora is still a video game character first.
2. When I said
Even if Nomura requested it even briefly, Nintendo wouldn’t negotiate with Disney just for a $0.75 costume of a character Disney owns.
I meant Sora would get in either as a fighter or not at all.
3. The Mickey emblem is such a minute detail, whether or not it'd have to be removed is up to Disney, Nintendo, Nomura and Sakurai.

1. No they wouldn't. Sora is still a video game character first.
2. When I said
1st.i mean it was suposedto be an exxageration but still Donald and Goofy are sorta necesary to be included (theyre his Main Party after all)
3rd.Ive already said a Solution just use Ultima Sword
see no micky in side also it looks cooler!

1st.i mean it was suposedto be an exxageration but still Donald and Goofy are sorta necesary to be included (theyre his Main Party after all)
I've made a moveset that doesn't require Donald and Goofy at all:
Intro: Sora appears from a save point and gets into his fighting stance.

Stance/Idle 1: Sora holds his Keyblade near his right hip and looks around.
Idle 2: Sora rests his Keyblade on his right shoulder for a few seconds.
Idle 3: Sora bares his teeth in the direction he's facing.

Notable Palette Swaps:
  • KH3 outfit (default)
  • KH2 outfit (alternate costume)
  • Riku (KH3 black)
  • Roxas (KH2 white/red)
  • Kairi (KH3 pink)
  • Limit Form
  • Donald (KH3 blue)
  • Goofy (KH2 green)

Walk: His walk from the games.
Dash: His run from the games.
Damage: His damage animation from the games.
Jump: High Jump and Doubleflight.
Crouch: Crouches with his Keyblade's end on the ground, holding it.

Weapon of Choice: The Kingdom Key, the Keyblade Sora starts his journey with.

Normal Attacks
A,A,A: Slapshot; Sora slashes twice, then follows up with an uppercut (14%, OK knockback)
Forward+A: Speed Slash; Sora slashes twice (4% each hit, small knockback), and then does a quick dual slash (13%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Sliding Dash; Sora performs a slide across the ground, slightly faster than that of Cloud (12%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Upper Slash; Sora swings his Keyblade upwards with both hands (10%, OK knockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Magnet Burst; Sora briefly surrounds himself with an array of magnetic orbs (13%, OK knockback). Pressing A again, if necessary, sends these orbs flying out (11%, medium knockback)
Air Forward+A: Aerial Finish; Sora slashes forward three times (9%, small knockback), and then finishes with a strong slash (8%, OK knockback)
Air Back + A: Aerial Sweep; Sora slashes behind himself three times (11%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Hurricane Blast; Sora vertically swings around four times with his Keyblade (14%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Diving Strike; Sora dives down and strikes the ground with his Keyblade (15%, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Prism Windmill; Sora spins Keyblade in front of him, protected by a shield of light (15%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Magic Flash; Sora lifts himself up and uses a flash of light that affects the area around him (11%, OK knockback)
Get-up Attack: Vicinity Break; Sora sweeps the floor with his Keyblade in a 360 spin (9%, OK knockback)

Smash Attacks
Forward+A: Strike Raid; Sora throws his Keyblade forward as it spins (15%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Ripple Drive; Sora swings upwards and summons a barrier of light with rectangular patterns (21%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Explosion; three orbs of light surround Sora as he thrusts his Keyblade down to the ground (22%, medium knockback)

Grab Game
Grab: Sora casts Magnet and binds the opponent
Pummel: Sora crunches the opponent with Magnet (2.1%)
Forwards+Throw: Quick Blitz; Sora thrusts his Keyblade on the ground in a downward arc (14%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Fail-Safe; Sora spins once before tossing the opponent on the ground (13%, OK knockback)
Back+Throw: Merge; Sora spins around backwards before hurling the opponent in that direction (11%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Lunge n' Launch; Sora pushes the opponent forward and slashes upwards (13%, OK knockback)

Special Moves
B : Magic Selection
; Sora can select a magic spell from his list. Once a spell is selected, it will stay on that spell until another is selected, which can be done on the fly.
  • Firaga: Sora summons two rings of fire than encircle him (17%, OK knockback)
  • Blizzaga: Sora shoots three snowflakes that have a chance of freezing the opponent (10%, OK knockback); using this in the air has Sora shoot them diagonally downward
  • Thundaga: Sora summons a spark from his Keyblade that forms a dome (15%, OK knockback)
  • Aeroga: Sora surrounds himself in a windy barrier that halves damage taken and reflects projectiles; the spell lasts for 18 seconds
  • Curaga: Sora heals up to 150% taken damage; this spell can only be used once per stock; can also heal nearby allies by 1/3
B + Forwards : Sonic Blade; Sora thrusts forward four times, with consecutive button presses (6% each hit, small knockback)
B + Up : Airstep/Flowmotion; Sora travels in the pointed direction at the speed of light after releasing the button (holding it slows him down for six seconds). When he comes in contact with a wall, Flowmotion will activate.
B + Down : Ars Arcanum; Sora charges up and unleashes a flurry of nine slashes (19%, OK knockback)

Final Smash: Ultimate Union Ragnarok; Sora attempts to unleash Ultimate Form (Final Form in his KH2 outfit), and catches any opponents he successfully hits (8%). The trapped opponents are taken into a cutscene as Sora slashes them with hundreds of swords (32%), and finishes off with Union Ragnarok, with the Lux symbol showing as he fires it (16%) (56% total, far knockback).

Gimmick: Situation Commands; after pulling off successful combos, three arrows appear by Sora's HUD, one by one. Once a combo is successful with all three arrows, a command appears above Sora's icon, and pressing B will activate one of four Grand Magic spells, which are obtained by using one spell consistently, and that spell will appear for a set amount of time.

• Firaza has Sora summon a giant fireball that can travel offscreen when it doesn't hit any opponents (25%, medium knockback)
  • Blizzaza has Sora fire a giant icicle that freezes the first opponent it hits, and sends all others flying (25%, medium knockback)
  • Thundaza has Sora rain down a pillar of electricity and combo any opponents above him (25%, medium knockback)
  • Aeroza has Sora summons a tornado that circles him, sending opponents flying (30%, far knockback)
Whenever you use a Grand Magic tier of a spell, that spell enters a 15 second cool down period.

Flowmotion: Sora's answer to acrobatic platforming. Activated when he comes in contact with a wall after Airstep, Sora can use two types of Flowmotion attacks:
  • Shock Dive: An AOE slam attack Sora uses when he uses Superjump (19%, medium knockback)
  • Kick Dive: Sora attacks immediately after shooting off a wall, pointing his feet at the enemy as the Keyblade spins around him (21%, OK knockback)
Flowmotion's startup is indicated by a blue aura, while its fizzling out in a second is indicated by a pink aura. When Sora is using Superjump to recover, he will be left in free fall once Flowmotion goes away.

Lock-On: By shielding and pressing B, Sora can lock on to foes to better aim his magic. The yellow variant that appears on random foes is there when Sora doesn’t lock on, and the blue variant for when Sora DOES lock on is there as well.

Taunts
1: Sora wipes his nose and smiles.
2: "Yeah!" Sora raises his Keyblade high in the air.
1+2: Sora performs Break Time, where he spins around for a bit and says "ta-da!" as he puts his right hand on his hip and puts up his left hand.

Winposes
1: "That's the power of the Keyblade!" Sora's victory animation from KH1, whenever he wins a tournament in Olympus Coliseum.
2: Sora spins his Keyblade and sticks it firmly in the ground, smiling (based on one of his renders based on KH1 artwork of him).
3: Sora opens a treasure chest as he does in the games, and a Meow Wow comes out to cuddle-tackle him.

Icon: The heart in KH series logo.
Boxing Ring Title: The Key to Many Hearts
Victory Music: Sora’s theme
Kirby Hat: Sora's hair and necklace.
Anyways, I'm through arguing about this. This article is about Sephiroth's Challenger Pack, nothing else.

One thing i would love would be an alt for Cloud that make him more Purple and lets him use the ultima sword i mean outside of a Chllenge Nobody uses the Buster Sword on Sephiroth

Top Bottom