• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What music do you want for BK's Fighter Pack?

ze9

Smash Ace
Just posting here to reiterate that I'd really like to get a remix of Isle O' Hags.
That track is so underappreciated. Probably one of Kirkhope's best works, and yet you never see it getting brought up. It doesn't even get remixed by fans very often. I'd like it to be remixed by ACE+ or Yoko Shimomura. With how epic, dark and brooding it is, it already kinda sounds like it came out of an rpg. But I want to hear a modernized version.

It may be a long shot, but the base game already had some of my dream songs like Crocodile Cacophony, Snake Man's Theme and Lower Norfair (the last one is just a rip, though).

Gruntilda's Lair's remix instead needs to be done by Yu Shimoda. That's the guy that did the objectively best remix in Ultimate: We are Robots. I'd love a version of Gruntilda's Lair in that style.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I've started replaying Tooie today, and thinking about it, I realized most of the world themes in that game are overall slower and more methodical, if that makes sense. Whereas most of Kazooie's world themes are more fast-paced and upbeat- with the exception of Clanker's Cavern- which might explain Eagle Eagle 's earlier expressed opinion.

I think Cloud Cuckooland might be the most upbeat world theme in Tooie. A remix of that song could sound good, but other themes definitely take higher remix priority for me.

I'm personally a big fan of both soundtracks- I might prefer Tooie for being overall grander in scope, though- and I hope we get a good mix of both games in the music selection.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I posted this on the 9th of June in the social thread but figured I'd find it and post here since there is now a thread specifically for it.

One down, 9 to go.

Edit: Well, in terms of perfectly called I got 2. Otherwise 3. I'm a little disappointed, not gonna lie, but not too disappointed. The music we did get is amazing and Gobi's Valley is a perfect example.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Please no, I'm generally not a fan of Heavy Metal, while there are exceptions, I think most songs sound better in any other form, especially if they didn't originate as such in the first place.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Sometimes I agree with you, but Final Battle works so damn well as a heavy metal song.

DownBCounter

Smash Rookie
So Persona got 11 tracks and Dragon Quest got 8 (none are remixes). The Dragon Quest stuff is probably because of Square Enix and the composer being *****. Setting aside the question of which songs will Banjo get, what do we think about quantity and amount of remixes based on what we've seen so far? For a series with such a musical theme, it would be a shame for Banjo and Kazooie to not get at least as many tracks as Persona did, ideally with a few remixes thrown in. Isn't Grant Kirkhope the actual owner of the Banjo and Kazooie music? If he's the person they need to negotiate with, he seems like he'd be much less of a **** about it than the Dragon Quest composer, so hopefully they can get a good amount.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Music tracks I really want in Smash:
- Mayahem Temple
- Treasure Trove Cove
- Gobi Valley
- Gruntilda's Lair

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Final Battle (Banjo-Kazooie)
Main Theme (Banjo-Kazooie)
Mr. Patch (Banjo-Tooie)
And others.
Also, I think we DO need AT LEAST one Banjo-Kazooie song arranged by Yoko Shimomura.

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
My main hopes are for some good remixes, and for them to not ignore Nuts & Bolts.

Also Banjo Pilot had some cool music too.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well theres me feeling ever so slightly disappointed that the one track is was hoping for, grunty's lair, didnt make it in and wouldnt you know it i find it hiding in the gobi's valley remix, thank you Yuji Masubichi

shackamaxon

Smash Rookie
I'm quite happy with the choices we got - The Main Theme and Mumbo's Mountain were nostalgic musts, and they pair well with Spiral Mountain. The rest of the choices don't really pair with the stage but are all great choices - The TTC, GV, and MMM remixes are all amazingly well-done in bringing new life while staying faithful to the originals, and the Mr. Patches theme gives some good Tooie representation - Witchyworld was an excellent stage.

If I could add five more songs, however:

1. Click Clock Wood - I love all four seasons but the fast-paced wind ensemble jamboree of Spring, with its bird songs and cricket chirps, is the most iconic. Of course, Summer and Autumn are great, too, so I thought about a remix of all four seasons, but I find Winter a bit boring.

2. Glitter Gulch Mine - Not just any part of Glitter Gulch Mine but the epically fast-paced "Racin' with Mary" theme. It has that this very nice Appalachian/Scottish folk feel to it with its dueling banjos that pairs well with Spiral Mountain. It's also very nostalgic, representing both the first world of B-T and the minigame that gave many of us carpal tunnel.

3. Final Battle - Enough said.

4. Overworld Medley - I know Gobi's Valley has a nice, long tribute to Grunty's Lair, but I'd still like something more traditional. Start off with the first forty seconds of Grunty's Lair, but instead of repeating the same section, skip right into the upbeat section that starts around the one minute mark. After twenty seconds of that, transition into the second part of Isle O' Hags that begins at the 0:40 mark and let that build up until the one minute mark until switching to Jinjo Village. Let a round of Jinjo Village play up until the 0:38 mark, and then go into the high, climactic finish of Isle O' Hags that starts at 1:38 and carry on until the pause at 2:06 before looping back to the beginning of Grunty's Lair. Speed it all up and you have a perfect two-minute medley.

5. World Medley - A little bit of everything that didn't get to stand alone. Twenty-five seconds of Hailfire Peaks, then transition to 0:14 to 0:40 of Bubblegloop Swamp, then 0:20 to 0:52 from Cloud Cuckooland, then the first twenty-five seconds of Rusty Bucket Bay, then 0:38 to 1:10 of Mayahem Temple. Speed it all up and you have another nice two-minute medley.

Now that Diddy and Banjo are both here, I'd love to see some Diddy Kong Racing tracks get some love, too.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think Final Battle is a nostalgic must, even over Mumbo's Mountain. I get that more people will have heard of Mumbo's Mountain by playing the first level, though whenever people post their favorites and people remix Banjo-Kazooie songs, Final Battle's always on the top of the list, especially since it quotes from Gruntilda's Lair, some would say more iconic than the main theme even.

If I was selecting the songs with the restrictions they had, I would still keep Mumbo's Mountain, given it fits Mumbo's Spirit, but would change Vs. Klungo remix to Final Battle. I think Final Battle is a perfect battle song as is, though I think its absence is due to its length, and a remix would allow them to cut it down to fit. I know that would mean no remixes from Tooie, but Final Battle being in would be worth that sacrifice. It would also fit Grunty's spirit more than Vs. Klungo does. The appearance of Gruntilda's Lair in Gobi's Valley is a nice, but not ideal, compromise. I'd also prefer Weldar to Woo Fak Fak, but I acknowledge that's only due to my personal tastes and everybody would have a different favorite Tooie boss song.

And despite it not fitting the stage at all, unlike how Final Battle would, I'm glad Freezeezy Peak is there, as it's my favorite song from Banjo-Kazooie. As for the remixes--Spiral Mountain is my favorite, followed by Gobi's Valley, Mad Monster Mansion, Main Theme and Treasure Trove Cove. Unlike my typical response to Smash re-mixes, they're all bangers. I love the surfer/ska vibe of Gobi's more than the Egyptian instrumentation, and really love that sick beat in the Main Theme. Treasure Trove Cove is probably the most faithful remix, and you could put that in a Banjo-Kazooie remake, no changes needed. All of these could, really. While it may have that one weird omission, I think the fact they went all out and gave them seven remixes is spectacular, and really shows the love of such a great gaming soundtrack.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Yeah Banjo got some of the best remixes in the game, second only to perhaps Castlevania

Top Bottom