• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What moves have no other like them

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
I think that about 85% or more of all moves in smash can be related to another move in some way. What are some moves that there aren't any like them. Some I can think of are WFT's Deep Breathing, Clouds Limit, Samus's Bombs, Maybe Kongs down and side b and Lucas's down throw

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
:4corrin:'s Dragon Lunge, :4bayonetta2:'s Witch Time and down smash, :4mewtwo:'s Disable, :4megaman:'s Crash Bomber, and :4jigglypuff:'s Sing and Rest are a few examples of moves that are unique in some way.

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I personally feel like MewTwo disable and sing are similar as at their core their use is to stun the opponent

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Is that right? Never mind Disable and Sing, then. Dizzy and sleep: different looks, similar disadvantageous status. Well, another unique move I can think of is :4lucas:'s back-air which can meteor smash and no else's can.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Some potential candidates:

:4bayonetta:Several moves, down-B in particular.
:4dedede:Side-B.
:4diddy:Down-B, arguably side-B.
:4greninja:Side-B.
:4kirby:Neutral-B.
:4megaman:Down-B, arguably jab/f-tilt/nair if you don't count that they're similar to each other.
:4metaknight:Down-B.
:4olimar:Down-B.
:4pacman:Down-B.
:4pikachu:Down-B.
:4robinf:Down-B.
:rosalina:Neutral-B.
:4ryu:Inputs.
:4shulk:Neutral-B.
:4sonic:Neutral-B.
:4villagerf:Neutral-B, down-B.
:4yoshi:Neutral-B.
:4wario:Down-B.

Dripple

Smash Cadet
NNID
qugasl09
3DS FC
1693-5939-6738
I'm going to do my mains' specials

:4pacman:: Neutral b, down b, side b
:4alph:: All specials
:4mewtwo:: Down b

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Ganon's up tilt in all games. Strongest move but anyone can avoid it if they know how it works.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Dancing Blade/Double Edge Dance from the Marths :4lucina::4marth::4feroy: is pretty unique I think?
All of Robin's specials probably fit this bill too. The Thunder variants (Thunder, El, Arc, Thoron) probably are the "least" unique in the way the projectile itself might be fired but how they're achieved is completely original.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Dancing Blade/Double Edge Dance from the Marths :4lucina::4marth::4feroy: is pretty unique I think?
All of Robin's specials probably fit this bill too. The Thunder variants (Thunder, El, Arc, Thoron) probably are the "least" unique in the way the projectile itself might be fired but how they're achieved is completely original.
If three characters have pretty much the same side-B it's not that unique, but aside from that, yes. As for Robin, it's somewhat similar to Pac-Man's neutral-B.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
If three characters have pretty much the same side-B it's not that unique, but aside from that, yes. As for Robin, it's somewhat similar to Pac-Man's neutral-B.
I guess you can say that maybe 3 characters with the exact same move makes it lose uniqueness points, yeah. Still, none of the other 55 people in this game have anything like them if you think about that.
Also, yeah. Maybe the Thunder charging mechanic is similar to Pacman's also (though that's where the similarities end I think).

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
I think Olimars Down B is like Rosalinas neutral B as it summons their puppet back to them. Robins Arcfire is similar to Mii gunner's down B I think it is? Ganon uptilt is like Falcon and Samus Uptilt. Yoshi neutral B is a command grab just like chomp and others. Believe it or not Duck Hunts can is actually similar to PK THUNDER as they are both controllable projectiles while not necessarily in the same way.

JagerCry

Smash Cadet
I find Mega Man's side smash to be unique. It's a smash attack that is an energy projectile and can be absorbed by certain characters and reflected by others. Very unique for a smash attack.

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
I find Mega Man's side smash to be unique. It's a smash attack that is an energy projectile and can be absorbed by certain characters and reflected by others. Very unique for a smash attack.
Isn't villagers forward smash also a projectile though? It may not travel forward but still has the same properties

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Isn't villagers forward smash also a projectile though? It may not travel forward but still has the same properties
I'd argue that's unique as well, it's the only smash attack that you can use to drop on people below you.

JagerCry

Smash Cadet
Yeah I think you're right they are both projectiles but Mega Man's is energy so Ness and Lucas can absorb it. Villager's might be even more unique bc what other side smash drops a projectile?

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
How about :4yoshi: Egg Toss only Up-B used to recover that doesn't put you into helpless mode (except kind of Bayonetta?:4bayonetta:)

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
How about :4yoshi: Egg Toss only Up-B used to recover that doesn't put you into helpless mode (except kind of Bayonetta?:4bayonetta:)
You mentioned :4bayonetta:, but :4bowserjr::4megaman::4gaw::4rob::4sonic: are all able to act out of their Up-B's. :4falcon::4ganondorf: are able to act if their Up-B's connect.:4myfriends::4kirby::4dedede::4peach: aren't able to act, but aren't in helpless either unless you cancel as one of the latter 2.

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
You mentioned :4bayonetta:, but :4bowserjr::4megaman::4gaw::4rob::4sonic: are all able to act out of their Up-B's. :4falcon::4ganondorf: are able to act if their Up-B's connect.:4myfriends::4kirby::4dedede::4peach: aren't able to act, but aren't in helpless either unless you cancel as one of the latter 2.
True but :4bowserjr::4megaman::4gaw::4sonic: can't use their Up-B again like yoshi. :4rob: Has a pretty original one also

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
If anything, :4villager:'s bowling ball is more like :4megaman:'s Hard Knuckle. Though the latter is not a Smash Attack like the former is, they're both downward falling, solid projectiles.

Anyway, :4megaman: has a few unique moves:

Air Shooter (upward projectile that deals damage with windbox effects)
Crash Bomber (technically, though it uses a similar logic to :4olimar:'s Pikmin toss)
Metal Blade (what other projectile is gonna act like this? Not counting his Shadow Blade)
Leaf Shield (can't think of anyone else that can toss shields around)
Buster shots
Charge Buster (we have other charge blasts, I know, but it is the only energy projectile to be relegated to an FSmash as well being the longest ranged)

:4robinm::

Thunder (various effects dependent on the charge level)
Elwind (propels himself upward with wind blasts, damaging foes with a potential meteor effect)
Nosferatu (draining spell)
Jabs (two types, a triple jab that ends in a fiery blast that blows targets away and a flurry of wind blades that send targets skyward, and both have high killing potential which is rare among jabs)
Levin sword aerials (in the sense that they are pretty much aerial Smashes)

:4lucario::

Aura Sphere (in the sense that it grows larger and stronger as he takes on damage)
Force Palm (a blast of aura at range, a command grab up close)
Extreme Speed (a long range boost through the air that can be controlled and allows him to stick to walls)

Then again, a lot of his moves are boosted by aura, if that in itself can be counted as unique.

:4wario::

Bite (can eat stuff, potentially heal from it, and charge up waft quicker)
Wario Bike (ride around the whole stage taunting and popping wheelies then dropping them on people for massive damage, also offers an extra jump when used midair)
Wario Waft (rocket off to the heavens, blowing away any bystander unlucky enough to be in his way and can serve as a recovery in emergencies....also the only move as far as I know that can cause self-inflicted Star KOs, that's unique as hell)

:4luigi::

Green Missile (sure, it shares the same concept as :4pikachu:'s Skull Bash, but the Missile has the blessing of RNGesus behind it)
Luigi Cyclone (very mobile on ground and good for recovery if you've got a good button mashing thumb)

I think that's about it for my characters (barring customs).

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
What about Dr Cyclone, not sure if it would count as :4drmario: is a semi-clone of Luigi maybe even less as they aren't very similar

JagerCry

Smash Cadet
Yoshi's shield. It's the only shield that is completely immune to shield poke throughout the smash bros series. It's also by nature harder to tell when it will break bc it doesn't shrink. This has led to a meme me and my friends have that we joke that Yoshi's shield is actually secretly unbreakable.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Did y'all sugar pies forget that :4ryu:'s down throw is a shield breaker and no other throw can do that?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Corrin's back air is unique. No other aerial also functions as a recovery/mobility tool. Rosalina & Luma's down smash is also pretty quirky in the way that Luma attacks behind him first then in front, while Rosalina does the inverse.
Did y'all sugar pies forget that :4ryu:'s down throw is a shield breaker and no other throw can do that?
You mean up throw. Down throw just deals collateral damage.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Corrin's back air is unique. No other aerial also functions as a recovery/mobility tool. Rosalina & Luma's down smash is also pretty quirky in the way that Luma attacks behind him first then in front, while Rosalina does the inverse.

What about R.O.B.'s back air? It propelss him forward.

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
I also would like to mention Yoshis double jump, only double Jump with and added effect being super armor.:yoshi64::yoshimelee::yoshi2::4yoshi::4yoshi:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136

No, dthrow does indeed break shields. Try it in doubles.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Uh-uh, only his down throw is a shield breaker; up throw can hit other players nearby in free-for-alls. I ought to know; I've been studying character frame data for quite some time.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I'm afraid so. You see, :4ness:, :4lucas:, and :4miigun: have down specials that absorb energy-based projectiles. Oh, and :rosalina:'s custom special, Guardian Luma, has the ability to pull in items.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Yeah, I'm afraid so. You see, :4ness:, :4lucas:, and :4miigun: have down specials that absorb energy-based projectiles. Oh, and :rosalina:'s custom special, Guardian Luma, has the ability to pull in items.
Hmm, I was not aware that Guardian Luma could pull items in. I thought that was supposed to be the Grav Pull's thing. Guardian Luma is meant for defense, isn't it?

Top Bottom