• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What makes a strong work ethic and a strong training regimen?

Courageous Baka

Smash Apprentice
My goal is to impress everyone by becoming a really strong threat in tournaments and eventually get PR'd in the Tristate area.

But what is the training regimen and the work ethic that you'd expect someone like this to have? How can I change myself up to become someone like that and what could be changed about what I do here?

I don't really know where my level of skills is right now, but for years I've been following a training regimen and would try to do 1 hour if I could each day.

My most recent regimen is:

3 minutes - parrying projectiles (Dr. Mario's Megavitamin, Falco's Blaster, Wolf's Blaster, etc.)

3 minutes - parrying multihits (Bowser Jr.'s forward-smash, Cloud's forward-smash, Mythra's Lightning Buster, etc.)

8 minutes - movement

8 minutes - combos (haven't even begun to practice some of the more advanced kill confirms yet)

8 minutes - character-specific stuff

I try to do this 2 times almost every day.

I've also done lots of analysis of myself and pro players of my character. Here are some of them from when I started using Pastebin more:

(Earth: https://pastebin.com/sDAGUtVq)

(Luminous! https://pastebin.com/8tw1F1xj sorta abandoned this one, though)

Please do not pay attention to my main of choice, though.

Last edited:

greatbernard

Smash Apprentice
There are a few things that hold true across most/all competitive games:
  1. Watch competitive players
  2. Vod review your replays at least a few times a week.
  3. Set specific goals. Work on 1-2 goals a day, and move onto the next one once you see tangible improvement.
  4. Practice consistently. (i.e. 1-2+ hours a day)

Top Bottom