• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What makes a good Competitive scene/team?

OmegaAlphatherealdeal

Smash Rookie
NNID
Carloost
3DS FC
2380-5523-8623
I'm a player from Luxembourg, and nothing in my life was more frustrating to learn that there was little to no community here, and the only ones I could have access to is a FB group, which is out of question because I do not want to throw my real name around on the interwebs.

I wanted to solve this by creating another scene, but how does that work? What needs to be done? And the same question for a competitive team, me and some friends want to do this, but how would it need to be prepared? Do we need to register anywhere? Etc.

Thank you.

Forever_

Smash Rookie
NNID
CrayonSaiyan
Well first, it takes you knowing people. Create a Facebook group for your local scene and invite people you think might be interested. Now comes whether or not you're willing to put in money for a venue (keep in mind that you will also need set ups) or if you wanna host weeklies or fests at your own home (unless you know someone willing to run tournaments and such). All scenes are self made, the reason why some are more famous than others is because they host bigger and bigger tournaments or have good players come out of that scene. As for teams, that's more of a business thing. Teams are either sponsored or just a tag you and all your friends use.

OmegaAlphatherealdeal

Smash Rookie
NNID
Carloost
3DS FC
2380-5523-8623
Well first, it takes you knowing people. Create a Facebook group for your local scene and invite people you think might be interested. Now comes whether or not you're willing to put in money for a venue (keep in mind that you will also need set ups) or if you wanna host weeklies or fests at your own home (unless you know someone willing to run tournaments and such). All scenes are self made, the reason why some are more famous than others is because they host bigger and bigger tournaments or have good players come out of that scene. As for teams, that's more of a business thing. Teams are either sponsored or just a tag you and all your friends use.
Thanks for all that, but I said I didn't want everyone to know my real name on FB, and fake names are illegal for some reason. Discord seems like a good alternative though.
And with the tournament thing, I do that sometimes with friends, does that count? They all suck so it's kinda boring lol

Top Bottom