• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What main characters does Ness struggle against?

a1pin3

Smash Rookie
Wondering which characters are mostly considered counters against Ness

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
From getting back into competitive smash and also looking at various tournament sets and matchup charts, here are the hardest ones:

:ultlucina::ultgnw::ultpalutena::ultchrom::ultshulk:
These five are commonly considered to be the top 5 hardest matchups for Ness. All 5 have good range, ESPECIALLY Shulk. With Ness' short range and relying on aerials to get in much of the time, it makes these matchups all significantly difficult. G&W and Palu can also edge-guard reasonably well from what I've experienced and seen.

They're not "unwinnable", but they are kinda close to it. You could pick up a secondary for those five, but Ness is able to beat all of them... even if it's an uphill battle for each through and through.

a1pin3

Smash Rookie
From getting back into competitive smash and also looking at various tournament sets and matchup charts, here are the hardest ones:

:ultlucina::ultgnw::ultpalutena::ultchrom::ultshulk:
These five are commonly considered to be the top 5 hardest matchups for Ness. All 5 have good range, ESPECIALLY Shulk. With Ness' short range and relying on aerials to get in much of the time, it makes these matchups all significantly difficult. G&W and Palu can also edge-guard reasonably well from what I've experienced and seen.

They're not "unwinnable", but they are kinda close to it. You could pick up a secondary for those five, but Ness is able to beat all of them... even if it's an uphill battle for each through and through.
Yeah now that I think about it, some G&W and Palentenas were hard to play against

Earthboundfan1

Smash Rookie
Hi im having trouble with online matches. I dont know if its because im a bad smash player or that people are just really good at this game...can i please get helps and tips on how to main ness better?

Top Bottom