• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What made you pick up Dr. Mario?

scout21078

Smash Rookie
As soon as 3ds came out I found that doc was in the game which I found very interesting since h wasn't in brawl. Then I played him and found him very enjoyable to play.

Black_Ice

Smash Rookie
I play Mario in Project m so when I went to try out Mario in ssb4 but i didn't like him as much as Dr. Mario. Mario's down B is fludd, which is useful only against some characters(Looking at you LM). But Dr.Maio's down B is Doctor Tornado which you can use for a safe descent or follow up with combos.

Misinko

Smash Cadet
FLUDD is garbage, and Down-B is useful for more than just situational kills. That's pretty much it.

That and Doc has a much easier time killing than his fire-throwing counterpart.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Dr. Mario vs. Mario is actually a really unusual situation for me. Under normal circumstances, I'm far more prone to using heavier characters. I don't mind trading some speed for the satisfaction of a glorious early KO. In this case, though, it was the 3DS demo that changed my mind about Mario.

Of the five characters in the demo, Mario caught my attention. The way he moves, how he feels in this game in particular, just clicked with me more so than he did in previous games, to the point where Dr. Mario just feels off to me in this game.

I think it's because I'm having trouble adjusting to the differences between their moves and Dr. Mario's lacking recovery (the lack of a meteor smash displeases me way more than it should). If I give it some practice, though, I'll likely end up adding the Doc to my pantheon of mainstays. That, and his purple coat/orange gloves color scheme appeals to my soul for some reason.

Chuatan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aaron3209
I actually don't remember why exactly (lol). I guess just because he catered best to my kind of playstyle: patience, control, and power. Plus I'm a pretty big fan of the Mario series, so yeah. I was actually going to main Mario but I favored more towards Doc's playstyle when I tried him out one day. :) Never went back after that!

Top Bottom