• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What literally impossible characters would you want?

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
We are talking characters that have literally zero chance of being in the game, be it because they are not from a game, because their game is too niche/small, or even if they are not suited for good boys and girls. As a kid, I would always think up silly movesets for characters like Homer Simpson just for fun, and am wondering if anyone has done the same.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
We are talking characters that have literally zero chance of being in the game, be it because they are not from a game, because their game is too niche/small, or even if they are not suited for good boys and girls. As a kid, I would always think up silly movesets for characters like Homer Simpson just for fun, and am wondering if anyone has done the same.
More then 2 months ago I would have said Goemon, but now he has a Mii costume so he has somewhat of a chance. But now? I would say Marina Liteyears from Mischief Makers.

I'm going by "literally impossible" according to fanbase logic:

-Sora
-Crash Bandicoot
-DeMille
I don't know anything about DeMille, but Crash and Sora are nowhere near impossible. Sora maybe because of Disney, but that's very debatable.

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
PaRappa Rappa from PaRappa the Rapper. Not only does Sony not like to play nice with others, but the franchise is pretty dead, as well as PaRappa’s VA (Dred Foxx) being in some hot water right now for scamming two fans out of $100.

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
I think a fun character could be Agent 47 from Hitman. He could fight with Silverballers and improvised weapons, like Muffins!

Oddball

Smash Lord
I would like nothing more than to see Captain N get into Smash.

He's not 100% impossible because Nintendo does own the character but he is highly unlikely.

Frankly, I'd settle for a nice Captain N mii costume.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
The Psilon leader from Master of Orion. I have no clue how it would work, but it would be super cool. Telepathy and....stuff.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm going by "literally impossible" according to fanbase logic:

-Sora
-Crash Bandicoot
-DeMille
Idk where this is "literally impossible", but Crash has a higher chance than those two since he's having good representation lately.

For me, it's any Pokemon that's not as popular like Gengar, Sandslash, etc. I'd also like to see more characters from smaller series that won't get the reps and add Sora to the list

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
PaRappa Rappa from PaRappa the Rapper. Not only does Sony not like to play nice with others, but the franchise is pretty dead, as well as PaRappa’s VA (Dred Foxx) being in some hot water right now for scamming two fans out of $100.
Stuh-stuh-steal the money from your fans.

Guidodinho

Smash Rookie
I'd love to see Donald Duck in Smash. To hear his crazy screams allong with Mario's 'woo-hoos' and Yoshi's cheerfull jibberish, just his voice in the game alone would be fantastic as frick. I know, if it would be possible for classic disney characters to be in, Mickey mouse would be the obvious representative pick. But c'mon, lets be frank, everybody likes Donald better anyways.
Would be the cherry on top to have him in his Kingdom Hearts outfit as wel. Just to get the KH fanbois all riled up. Because i think Smash has plenty of angsty anime-teens already. Though I'd trade in Sora for one of the Marth clones any day, at least he would have a unique moveset, as much as I find him incredibly dull as a character personality wise. And how freaking dope would it be to have the Mario bros vs Donald and Goofy in a teambattle. (Everybody also loves Goofy more than Mickey btw).

And just like the Megaman from the original NES boxart (the one that's hilariously hideous) has made a joke appearance in a fighting game, think in a marvel vs capcom game but don't quote me on that one. Just like that version of Megaman, It would be hilarious to have Link from one of the Phillips CDI games. Would just be funny on its own to have another version of Link next to the three we already have (4 totally different swords bby!). And because its also an interresting lil bit of Nintendo's history, wich would be really cool of Nintendo to finally acknowledge it and make some fun of it in the meantime.

And for the 0% chance that there will be an actual adventure/story mode added, like the stage builder was added to the game later on (special rule matches to win stat boosting google-image-results just doesn't cut it for me, sorry), I'd like to see a story mode in the spirit of Smash 64 (back to the roots boi!). Now the OG Smash didn't have much of a theme or story going on, but the first 10 seconds of its opening sequence have a clearer and better theme and story than Ultimate has right now. Just a hand in a kid's room, messing around with toys, bringing them to life and pitting them against eachother. Wich i think is a way more untruiging theme than the abstract art appocalipse, accompanied by the poetic jibberish that is the lyrics of Ultimate's opening video.
So you have a hand that puts stuff together to play with, (bassically creating and keeping the world that makes the game itself). Now what kind of character could be a natural enemy? Winged faceless blue glowy man, static noice vomit-creature or the light at the end of a tunnel? No of course not, how would those ideas make for a fun boss character? I'm talking Master Foot here! Stomping all over the place, kicking the crap out of everything Master Hand has put together!
Maybe way too cheesy, but a lot more appealing and fun than the blandest of bland that is 'the world of light', though the opening animation looked awesome, but that's the only good thing i can say about that.
Now why this whole ramble on a different storymode? Wasn't specified that we're only talking 'playable' characters here. And I really believe a somewhat memorable boss would do the game good.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Mumbo Jumbo

Childhood me wanted to see him since brawl for some reason, even though we didnt have Banjo. His specials could be based of any of the transformations and his shaman power in tooie. He could use the electric wand(?) for a lot of his neutrals.

I could think of some more later but I’m drawing a bit of a blank

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
Sackboy from LittleBigPlanet! The little guy was a huge part of childhood, and would just work so well in Smash.
Buuuuuuut, Sony isn't real big on working with others a whole lot, so his chances are pretty slim.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Wolverine.

Think about it, smash at this point is a showcase of big 90's gaming legends and Xmen is practically a bit 90's gaming franchise.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
DMC3 Vergil.

Not a fan of his new look in 5, and if a DMC character is getting in, it would be Dante over Vergil.

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice
Rika from phantasy star 4. The series is huge and you could make multiple complete movesets with it's content, and phantasy star 4 is the most popular in the original series, but the series has become super niche, and the original series is just another old rpg that we have a few of in smash already.

Ramza from final fantasy tactics. He's my favorite ff character and has loads of moveset potential, but cloud has that series covered and I don't see double dipping into a series being a thing.

Dimitri from 3 houses. I think he'd be the best from the new game for 2 reasons. He uses spear rather than a sword, which could function very differently than the ones we have this far. And the other main characters from 3 houses either wouldn't be as functionally unique or would have an undesirable character foundation. Byleth has the whip sword but he'd still use it as a sword for most moves, Edelgard mainly uses axes, which functionally is pretty close to a heavy sword like Ike, and Claude is mainly a bowman, which would probably not be very desirable as a character's main trait. But Dimitri is unlikely because they'd either use Byleth since he's the avatar character, or Edelgard since she's the most popular.

Oswald from odin sphere. If you asked me before I would have said Gwendolyn from the same game, but after seeing what they did with joker I'm convinced that they could easily make him work given how fluid that game is, and he has more than enough moves from his own game to craft an entire moveset and then some.

Lindow Amamiya from god eater. They would never use Lindow as a rep if god eater was ever represented, and god eater in and of itself is super unlikely lol.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Batman. Specifically Arkham Batman. Which I guess is technically a video game original story and design.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
This has always been one of my more unpopular opinions, but I would still be super down to have Mickey Mouse in Smash.

I never loved the idea of Sora, and I always felt that if they wanted to add a Disney character, they should go all the way. Of course, I still don’t believe it’s a great idea to start adding non-video game characters because that is an extremely slippery slope, and there are still plenty of more realizable characters left to be added. Regardless, Mickey is probably my biggest absolute dream character.

Room100

Smash Apprentice
Gotta go Spider-Man if we're talking literally impossible. His moveset potential is insane, and tbf he does have tons of impact on gaming.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Sly. ****ing. Cooper.
Dunno if Sly Cooper is as "impossible" as these other characters. He's a video game character so if Sony's willing to play ball he's fair game.

To be honest, none of them are actually impossible, Sakurai will just refuse to make characters that aren't from video games because Smash is supposed to be a video game celebration.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Dunno if Sly Cooper is as "impossible" as these other characters. He's a video game character so if Sony's willing to play ball he's fair game.

To be honest, none of them are actually impossible, Sakurai will just refuse to make characters that aren't from video games because Smash is supposed to be a video game celebration.
I feel like Sony and Nintendo don't have a good enough relationship for either to approach the other to ask about a Sony character.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I feel like Sony and Nintendo don't have a good enough relationship for either to approach the other to ask about a Sony character.
It seems that way, but we don't know for sure. I think the door is wide open for anyone to get in as long as they're a video game character. I have a strong feeling we will see Crash, Spyro and Master Chief in the game, so maybe Sony will want to get in on the fun after a while.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
It seems that way, but we don't know for sure. I think the door is wide open for anyone to get in as long as they're a video game character. I have a strong feeling we will see Crash, Spyro and Master Chief in the game, so maybe Sony will want to get in on the fun after a while.
I suppose we shall see.

But for now, I see Sly as impossible.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Penta Penguin from Crash Bandicoot with an alt based of his girlfriend Gurin from the manga he originates from as well would be amazing to me, even if it has no real reason to happen. But yeah at best he'd be a spirit for a Crash spirit board and even there he's fairly unlikely.

Last edited:

WRECKITROLF

Smash Rookie
I would LOVE to see Toad get in. He is such a blast to play in Project M, and he has been one of the main cast of Mario ever since Super Mario Bros. but Sakurai hates him apparently. He could have thicc turnips that are slow but deal massive damage, or a pickaxe, or anything from Mario Kart. I would cut Bowser Jr. and Rosalina for him.

Idk where this is "literally impossible", but Crash has a higher chance than those two since he's having good representation lately.

For me, it's any Pokemon that's not as popular like Gengar, Sandslash, etc. I'd also like to see more characters from smaller series that won't get the reps and add Sora to the list
You can't have "not as popular" and "Gengar" in the same sentence. A true obscure pick would be something like Armaldo or Cryogonal. Personally I despise Incineroar with every fiber of my being, Mimikyu definitely deserved the spot more than that dumb barasuit

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
A monster from Monster Hunter. I know the main choice for a MH rep is the hunter, but the monsters are so much more interesting and iconic. Too bad they're literally too big for Smash

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
(The first one was CD-I Ganon which I mentioned on this thread.)
Here's 4 more impossible characters I want:
1. Lincoln Loud (The Loud House)
2. Godzilla (Godzilla)
3. Scooby-Doo (Scooby-Doo
4. Meme Man (Surreal Memes)

Top Bottom