• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What kind of solo mode DLC's would you want?

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I would absolutely adore to see more solo modes added as DLC. Not in the sense that I think that the current solo modes are particularly lacking (I actually find them to be fairly substantial compared to, say, smash 4), but I think there's a lot of negative space that Sakurai could add things in.

Now, obviously, there are a lot of modes that could be added that would take a lot of work, so I've been thinking about what modes could be included that wouldn't take much at all, so that it could be free DLC or a fairly minor pack sold for not too much. Which gave me the following idea: Stadium Mode. Basically, it would replace the mob smash section in games and more and go to a new menu with 4 options.

1. Mob Smash

2. Home Run Contest

3. Special Orders

4. Boss Battles

Mob Smash is the same. Home Run Contest is what you expect. Special Orders is basically a simplified version of Master Orders from sm4sh. You're given a randomized series of challenges with wacky elements, said elements being recycled mechanics from spirit battles like abundance of a certain item or sleep inducing floors. And Boss battles is a boss rush mode.

What kind of things are you oping get added in DLC, free or paid?

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I was just about to say Home Run Contest, I would love to see Break the Targets and Board the Platforms return with good set amount of them since I know it would be too much to ask an individual one for each character.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Stage Builder. My number one wish for extra modes.

Thinking realistically and not wishfully, I don't think it would be too much to ask for a Boss Battle mode.

I would like for there to be a Target Test where each character gets a unique stage. Same with Board the Platforms, but maybe that one can be integrated with Target Test. It would be neat to see them show up in Classic mode too maybe between the third and fourth fight.

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Stage Builder. My number one wish for extra modes.

Thinking realistically and not wishfully, I don't think it would be too much to ask for a Boss Battle mode.

I would like for there to be a Target Test where each character gets a unique stage. Same with Board the Platforms, but maybe that one can be integrated with Target Test. It would be neat to see them show up in Classic mode too maybe between the third and fourth fight.
Giving each character there own stage for Break the Targets/Board the Platforms would be very time consuming since there's 76 characters.

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Giving each character there own stage for Break the Targets/Board the Platforms would be very time consuming since there's 76 characters.
It could be really cool if that was a feature of the stage builder thing. Like, you can make break the targets/board the platforms levels in stage builder and share them online. They might not even need to make more than a few official ones.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Home run will always be ny first thoughts about a mode returning because it would probably be the easiest to implement.

Boss battles would be my 2nd and I'm surprised we don't get it here considering we have plenty of bosses. I really do wish we get this because I don't always want to make my way in classic to fight just one boss and in adventure mode they'll disappear once you beat them.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I really want Stage Builder to return, more than anything else. I also want Boss Battles back so we can speedrun the boss fights.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I, too, would like a Boss Rush Mode.
There's one at the end of WoL, but it's a pain in the ass to get to, and to replay.

I'd also like them to add more Bosses in general. It's great that not everyone just fights Master Hand in Classic mode, but most characters still do.

Put Porky and Rayquaza back in. Add Mother Brain, Andross, Medusa, etc.

Last edited:

C52G

Smash Rookie
Break the targets, board the platforms, stage builder and boss run. Really would make it the "ultimate" set of solo modes in the games and more section.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
My top 5

1. Smash run
2. Homerun Contest
3. Break the Targets
4. Boss Rush
5. Stage Builder

Top Bottom