• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What items do you want for the switch?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Vulnerary (Fire Emblem): Basically the same as any healing item, except it heals 60% damage.

Beast Ball (Pokémon Gen VII): Summons an Ultra Beast to fight for you.

Invincible Candy (Kirby): Not only makes you invincible for a short time, but also greatly raises attack and allows you to damage enemies by just touching them.

Phoenix Down (Final Fantasy): Ensures you don’t lose a stock or point after a K.O.

Electric Shield (Sonic the Hedgehog): Not only nullifies electric attacks, but also ensures an additional jump.

Hookshot (Zelda): A can be pressed to grab onto a ledge, as it will home in on it even after a recovery (should it be within length).

Blooper (Super Mario): Covers enemies in ink and slows them down, should they be hit.

Power Glove (Original): Moderately raises the power of punching attacks, normal or special.

Toothbrush* (Original): Saws the enemy four times and launches them a moderately far distance no matter the damage %.

Large Soda Bottle (Original): Press A rapidly to charge it up, and then press A again to launch it like a missile, which will deal great damage. You can also press Forward+A mid charge to fire it with less damage.

*I got this idea from Nathaniel Bandy’s “How Super Smash Bros. Melee TRIGGERS You”.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I already merged the threads, so...

Anyway, I wonder if any of the Inkling weapons will show up as a new gun type.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Fire Emblem's Armorslayer. With this item it does a flat amount of damage to opponent regardless of their defense stats. It also looks cool.
Armourslayer_(FE13_Artwork).png Armorslayer_concept.png FESK_Armorslayer.png

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
The master crown from Kirby rtdl and your fighter gets a boost when It’s on,a sprinkler from splatoon,Golden egg,picking it up can makes samonids attack you,tiny hammer so you can be a hamer bro from Mario,boogie bomb so you taunt for a while,mecha koopa,arm cannon from Mario and rabbits,arms you put on your arms(from the game arms),a smash ball you pick up and it can be thrown to give other ppl a final smash(it would be kinda funny)

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Mario Party Dice Block- Pick up the dice and throw it either on the ground or at a foe. It then goes into the air and it rolls. Whatever it rolls is the percentage of damage it does. Occasionally a second die will appear for additional damage!

Teddy Bear (Earthbound)- absorbs some damage for a short time. Can come in clutch when you’re trying to get the lead on someone or if you’re very high percentage and trying not to lose a life.

Rambi (Donkey Kong) - An animal box appears and once you crack it open. Rambi runs out and charges someone for decent damage. Also would work as an Assit Trophy.

BANDANA DEE’S SPEAR- A useful spear you can wield for good damage and range. Thanks for your contribution Bandana Dee!

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I already posted this idea on the Smash Ultimate Discussion thread, but I want to share my idea on this thread as well, if it is okay.

It is a Smash original item called the Damage Cube, which looks like a small, blue technological cube. It is an item that, when thrown at an opponent, will link that opponent's damage to the character that threw the Damage Cube. This means that if the user of the item takes damages from anyone including the affected opponent, the opponent takes the same amount of damage as the person who used the Damage Cube on them. Of course, this lasts a while only, but it gets the job done. What do you guys think?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that once the item hits, it disappears, and cannot be reused.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I already posted this idea on the Smash Ultimate Discussion thread, but I want to share my idea on this thread as well, if it is okay.

It is a Smash original item called the Damage Cube, which looks like a small, blue technological cube. It is an item that, when thrown at an opponent, will link that opponent's damage to the character that threw the Damage Cube. This means that if the user of the item takes damages from anyone including the affected opponent, the opponent takes the same amount of damage as the person who used the Damage Cube on them. Of course, this lasts a while only, but it gets the job done. What do you guys think?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that once the item hits, it disappears, and cannot be reused.
It's an interesting idea, but for the most part, I dislike items that were created just for Smash.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I guess it's not technically an item but I kind of wish they'd bring back the small chance for enemies to spawn from crates from melee. Asisst trophies seemingly nullify the need for such a thing but I think it would still be neat to have. And unlike ATs, enemies have no allegiance, they'll attack whoever they can.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here is another idea of mine.

I call this the Oil Sprayer. Not from any particular game, but it is a tube like gun that shoots oil. When used on enemies, it has the same effect as Inkling's ink on opponents, including making damage to enemies bigger, but the damage increased is less than that increased by the Inkling's ink. Also, when used on the ground, it makes anyone, including the user, slip across the ground. Not slip like on a banana peel, but slip as in sliding, which is greater when the user dashes across the ground if oil covers it. This can be useful for making opponents slide into traps or off the stage.

What do you all think?

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
The Ball and Chain from Twilight Princess- a heavy item that deals huge knockback, I just thing it'd be cool.
Full Restore from Pokemon- A non pokeball Pokemon item and more variety for healing items. That or an oran/sitrus berry could work.
Puyo puyo from the Puyo Puyo series.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Rings from the Sonic series. They appear hovering in midair above the stage (easily within jumping range) and are collected by touching them. As long as a character is holding at least one Ring, that character is immune to damage and is resistant to hitstun (but can still be launched by a sufficiently powerful attack); however, this protection only lasts for a single hit. Once a character holding Rings takes a hit, the Rings go flying. If you can pick a knocked-off Ring up again before it vanishes (or flies off-stage, or is picked up by another player), you'll regain the damage immunity. However, since rings only protect you for a single hit, they don't do you much good if you're subjected to a multi-hit attack or a combo.

Last edited:

Room100

Smash Apprentice
A couple third party items could be really cool, like an Ender Pearl that teleports you or a Stack of Dirt you can build onto the stage with from Minecraft, or something like the Spartan Laser or Grav Hammer from Halo.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Honestly, I don't want as many new items, but items to return from previous games.

- Barrel Cannon
- Cracker Launcher
- Fan
- Parasol
- Red Shell
- Spring

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
The item that drops and is picked up is the Capture Styler itself.
Styler_Ranger.png
When the attack button is pressed, the Capture Styler sends out a Capture Disc in the direction that the user is facing.
Capture_Disc.png
When the Capture Disc comes in contact with an enemy (or even the user themselves if the Capture Disc is reflected/pocketed), the Capture Disc will encircle around the enemy, "capturing" them. The enemy is slowed down as a result, in both movement speed and attack speed. The enemy can free themselves by breaking out of the Capture Disc's snare by "wriggling out".
Capture_Styler_capture.png
When pocketed, the Capture Disc is treated as an held item, allowing them to throw the Capture Disc in any direction they see fit.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
The Made-You-Look from MOTHER3.

Essentially Marios cape in item form (minus the projectile reflecting properties).

Plays the "lookoverthere!" sound effect when it hits something.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
The Cloud Flower (SMG2)

Create a cloud platform in the air when you use your neutral air. You can create 3 clouds.

The red shell would be also good.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Do you know what would be cool come to think of it. Options for individual items. Think about it. This can enhance the experience of players.

What I mean is instead of just a toggle, you can go in and configure some properties. Assist Trophies, Pokéballs, and Master Balls can have characters be individually disabled. Timer and Lightning can have their durations altered, and possible backfire can be disabled. Projectile weapons can have the amount of ammo it has configured. More things too.

It allows the players in a way to add their own items.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Assist Trophies, Pokéballs, and Master Balls can have characters be individually disabled.
I would love something like this.

I get it, people would just go and turn off the more disruptive ones, but I like to make my own event matches - remember that Melee event where it was all bombs vs. Link and Samus, and the only items were bombs and Electrode Pokéballs?

Also if you wanted to have a series specific match, you could only have the assists on that match that series.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Two I wish we would had gotten.

Coconut Gun: Would had made a lot more sense then the Banana Gun.

Animal Buddy Crate: Works like the Poke Ball and Assist Trophy except with animal buddies from the Donkey Kong games like Rambi, Expresso, Squitter, Ratty and Winky who you ride on to attack players, you lose them once the player hits you and they run off the stage, you can still get them back though if you're fast enough.

Last edited:

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Music notes from Mario's games. Yes, music notes, not music blocks.

If you touch the first note, others will appear and if you collect them all, you'll have a significant boost or a really strong item.

Serialkillerwhale

Smash Cadet
What items, if any, could potential franchises add besides fighters?

Here's a few ideas of mine.

Dark Souls: Estus Flask. A held multi-charge healing item. Chug it to heal, then throw it at the enemy to damage them or offstage to deny your opponent the remaining charges.

Doom: Quad Damage. A super-star like item that floats across the screen. The first character that touches it is shrouded in a purple haze, and their sound effects gain an echo. 4x Damage and Knockback gurantee a brutal massacre. If it collides with the Super Star, they combine into the Quad Star, which has both effects. The Quad Star is a Super Star with a purple aura and angry eyebrows.

Goldeneye: The Golden Gun: The strongest projectile weapon in the game. Fires a single overwhelmingly powerful gold beam.

Katarmari Damaci: Katamari: It rolls forwards, growing larger and larger, until it explodes in a shower of goodies.

Mario Kart: Mystery Powerup. It's a consumable or powerup, but which one? Pick it up and find out!

Persona: Persona Card: Summons a Persona to perform a single attack. It's basically another Pokeball clone.

Starcraft: Stimpak: A pickup that damages the user, but makes them move and attack faster.

Team Fortress 2: Bonk! Atomic Soda: Guzzle this soda for a short-lived removal of your hitbox! It's fulla radiation!

World of Warcraft: Feast Table: Set down a magnificent feast, don't worry, there's plenty for everyone (it's magic!). Interact with the feast table to start eating, healing your health but being stuck while doing it. Feasting slowly fills up a meter that grants you the "Well Fed" buff when active, increasing the damage you deal while reducing the damage you take. Each character eats differently. Kirby and Dedede suck up massive piles of food, DK grabs Bananas, Lil Mac guzzles a protein shake and Mario & Luigi has some nice Pasta. Oh, and Robin's eating Bear meat again.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
GEYSER: Appears as a swirling ball of water. When thrown, It creates a geyser that acts as a temporary platform on land.
DARK ARROW GUN: Takes a while to charge, but releases a sinister~looking arrow that transforms the unlucky player who came in contact with it into an immobile trophy.
RADIO: When in radius with other players, puts them to sleep before unleashing a powerful blast of energy that launches them away!
CHARACTER HAT: Transforms the player into another character for a brief period of time.
BOWSER SUIT: Stuffs the player into a macabre Bowser suit. This grants the player Bowser's abilities for a short time.
BLOOPER: The Blooper will follow the player that activated it. If an opponent tries to attack the player in question, the Blooper will blast them with ink, decreasing their stats until the ink dries off.
STOP N' GO BARREL: Summons two Rock Krocs that deal massive damage to other players. The player who summoned them can then control the Rock Kroc AI by switching the barrel to Stop & Go. GO allows the Rock Krocs to run amuck at the expense of their attacks dealing less damage over time. STOP allows the Rock Kroks to recharge in a sense before the player switches them to GO again.
THUNDERBLADE: A sword that deals electric damage on impact.
FAKE ASSIST TROPHY: When activated, either summons a pitiful Assist Trophy or explodes in a similar fashion to the Fake Smash Ball.
FLAMING SMASH BALL: Floats around similar to the actual Smash Ball. When broken, grants the player boosted attack power for a limited amount of time.
INKSTRIKE: Acts similar to the Hocotate Ship where upon activation, the Inkstrike rockets into the sky before exploding in a column of ink.
NEGATIVE POCKET: Appears as a sphere of negative energy. When thrown, engulfs the stage in the Negative Zone for a brief period of time. Acts identical to Luigi's old Final Smash.
BONNETER: Allows the player in control of the Bonneter to capture another player, controlling them for a brief amount of time. The captured player can still resist by mashing the attack button, eventually forcing the Bonneter off their noggin.

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
You know the Cloaking device from Smash Melee? I would like to see something like it appear again. Adding a Vanish Box from Mario 64 would be a nice reference, and it wouldn't take much effort to create since all you have to do is recolor the Metal Box to be blue and make it turn you invisible instead.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I thought of this unique item. Don't have a name for it, but it would be an item that does normal damage when thrown at enemies, but when thrown on a platform, wall, floor and such, they become partially removed for a limited time, leaving a gap between them that allows for players to knock enemies through them without bouncing off the barrier. If the stage is one big platform only, only a portion of the stage, depending on where the item was thrown on, will be temporarily removed. Players can go through these gaps at will if they wish, but if they are in it by they time the barrier goes back to normal and the gap is gone, they will lose a life. What do you guys think?

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice
If Crash Bandicoot was to be a character in Smash, my pick for an item would be the TNT and nitro crates. The TNT crate can be picked and thrown which explodes instantly when in contact with someone, but if its jumped on or hits the ground after being thrown, it does its countdown sequence before exploding. The nitro crate on the other hand due to its unstable nature, explodes immediately upon anyone coming into contact with it. Another pick for an item would be the Aku-Aku/Uka-Uka boxes. Anyone who break these grants them an Aku-Aku or Uka-Uka mask depending on who the character is, and immediately grants them invincibility for a limited time.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I have another idea for an item. Haven't decided what it would look like, but it would probably be a shiny metallic orb or a retro looking item of some kind that, when grabbed, makes the users immune from being KOed from all sides of the screen, making them appear from the other end of the screen after being sent off the other end. The player can be smashed off the right side and fly from the opposite side, fall from the upper side from the lower side of the screen, and vice versa in the previous two scenarios. They would come in three different colors: Red, Blue and Yellow. Red only allows for being immune to KOs and flying from the other end of the screen one time, yellow allowing for being immune to two KOs and blue for as much as the player wants until the item wears off and falls off. What do you all think of this idea?

Top Bottom