• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your signature move/style with Falco?

PlamZ

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, as a Marth playing slowly migrating to Falco, I wondered what makes you different as a Falco?

I personally love to place some small Fair to surprise my opponents.

magister54

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2882-0961-9677
I like to bair out of shield, laser cancel, and occasionally get flashy with an up-b kill combo.

SSS

Smash Ace
Instead of double dip (onstage dair to send them up, dair to spike them and kill them), I do dair onstage>soft bair>dair. So unnecessary. So dope.

Soft bair>dair is the greatest thing in the world and everybody should do it.

Soft bair is just amazing.

Soft bair someone like 3 times across FD, they start to combo DI away, so then you forward smash. <3

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Back hit Up Tilt into pivot Up Tilt at low percents. Looks cool and I saw some TAS Falco do it and I'm like "that looks noice, must use ASAP".

Last edited:

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
I perform the combo of Dair - U-Tilt at higher percents. At lower, I just stick with My shine.
soft Bair/Nair are awesome.
I can time the Falco Illusion cancel/shorten at 3 different times, so I guess that's cool...

Unidex

Smash Rookie
Any combo using up air because it makes you look gahlike, also quick shine dairs/bairs, ESPECIALLY when they're unnecessary.

TunaAndBacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TunaAndBacon
My REAL signature move is constantly complaining about Falco's recovery mid match, " You Freakin Spacey!" "YOU'RE A BIRD AND YOU FLY LIKE A BOULDER!"

I try to laugh with my opponent but their just too in the zone to notice me D:

SSS

Smash Ace
Hey guys, as a Marth playing slowly migrating to Falco, I wondered what makes you different as a Falco?

I personally love to place some small Fair to surprise my opponents.
By the way, you shouldn't slowly migrate to Falco. If you plan on playing Falco long-term you need to drop Marth and go balls deep and only play Falco for the rest of your life.

children's_novel

Smash Rookie
A thing that I do a lot is Dair my opponent on stage and then immediately Bair them at high percents. I also like to try to be flashy and end up SDing. Missing the sweet-spot on the ledge is also neat.

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
Ledgestalling with phantasm is risky. If your opponent grabs the edge, you're doomed.

Something I like to do between stocks as kind of a taunt is to go under the stage, use fire bird, and snap the ledge backwards.

Also soft Bair is part of my style. I also like to DJC my shines, because they are awesome to follow up. Nair I use occasionally, usually soft nair, because I like it like that. I also very much love Falco phantasm.

Last edited:

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Ledgestalling with phantasm is risky. If your opponent grabs the edge, you're doomed.

Something I like to do between stocks as kind of a taunt is to go under the stage, use fire bird, and snap the ledge backwards.

Also soft Bair is part of my style. I also like to DJC my shines, because they are awesome to follow up. Nair I use occasionally, usually soft nair, because I like it like that. I also very much love Falco phantasm.
l don't do it when they can actually edgehog though. lt's just for style points mostly.

EZPZ

Smash Apprentice
At higher percentages I approach with SH U-Air to start combos. Just scooping them up into the air to start a combo is so satisfying and I really don't know why more people don't do it. Shoutouts to Zhu for using it to extend combos though

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
At higher percentages I approach with SH U-Air to start combos. Just scooping them up into the air to start a combo is so satisfying and I really don't know why more people don't do it. Shoutouts to Zhu for using it to extend combos though
I DO THAT

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
if you SHFFL fair in a certain way you can get two kicks out before hitting the ground. I don't know if I'd call it a signature but it's fun.
Kind of irrelevant, but I think you can do a u-throw with Kirby, and then throw out the first two hits of fair. Or you can shoot them with a laser if you swallowed them. I love throwing out Fair too, with fox I do it even more.

even as a spacies main, I am good with many characters.

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
I do Up throw to Bair. which can be risky on floaties, but great on fast fallers. I see fox players do this, but not Falco players. oh, and The opponent can make the combo easier by DI'ing forwards/backwards. Wondering if you can get an Up-air out if they don't DI to the left or right...

I also use Dair on a grounded opponent to pop them up, then run up to them, jump, shine them and Jump, and then use an aerial to smack them.

rnv

Smash Rookie
something I like to do recently (haven't tried it in any real matches because I'm still practicing it) is dash away from opponent > wavedash towards opponent (still facing away) > bair. it basically lets you shoot out a really unexpected bair, because not only did you cover distance with your wavedash, but you were in the middle of dashing away from the opponent. at high %s I think it'll be great. I'll update this post if I manage to add it to my arsenal :)

SomethingRaven

Smash Cadet
Up smashes that work in really weird spots. Like how it goes through bottom platforms on yoshi's. Little things that're unexpected like that can turn momentum your way fast.
Also double jump fast fall lazer on fd. I saw mango do it once and ever since it's cheese has helped me

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
my signature move is catching rolls with frame perfect double shines and then following up my dropped combo with a hilariously sad SD

Koontang

Smash Rookie
I've gotten into doing shffl up-air to up tilt, it isn't that great in terms of versatility but it looks pretty cool and can do it 2-3 times in succession against slower players.

Shwagzamaxima

Smash Cadet
Reverse Bair. I do it from a shine, a grab, a Nair, an Uair, another reverse Bair.....
And I'm not talking about the soft **** either. I combo meaty reverse Bairs into more reverse Bairs on a regular basis. If Smash had some kind of statistic program for moves, you would probably see that I dish out 60% of my damage with reverse Bairs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom