• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your most hated criticism against your most wanted character?

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
Captain N isn't allowed because he's not a videogame character.

He's a character that was sucked into videogames, hangs out with video game characters, fights videogame villians using videogame equipment in a videogame world and is directly owned by Nintendo.

A 1st party character who's entire existence revolves around videogames isn't videogame enough for you?
Ehhh...? I mean, that doesn't really make him a video game character, just a videogame-themed cartoon character. It kinda puts him on the same level as say, a character from that new GlitchTech show (granted, Captain N does have the advantage of being affiliated with legit game licenses and what have you).

Also for clarification I'm pretty sure Captain N is a DiC-owned character. Not entirely sure who owns him, but he's certainly not first-party.

D

Deleted member

Great counter-arguments here. Debunk these garbage detractions. Support who you want. I 100% agree with all quoted messages here.

"But they're an ASSIST TROPHY!!!!!1!!!11!!"
In a world where the fans created their own "rule" for no good reason and Min Min broke it down like an old Apple commercial, it's funny how people think Shadow, Waluigi, and Issac are ruled out for the sole reason that they exist in the game in some form other than a fighter. There's nothing barring Shadow from breaking down his wall as well.
Adding the Bomberman Mii costume to this. Looks pretty authentic, doesn't it? Like the real thing, right? Well it turns out, it's not actually confusing at all, and that was just an excuse.

My most hated criticism towards Phoenix Wright is "He has no moveset potential since he doesn't fight in his own game". I feel that criticism is silly considering that would just give the Smash team more freedom in creating their own moveset. Also this game has Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Isabelle, R.O.B., Duck Hunt Dog, among others and they all have very unique creative movesets.
Proof Smash fans have never played other fighting games, or other games in general. He was in MvC. And what moveset potential did ROB have in the first place?? That's right, none.

"Rayman is already in Brawlhalla. Why would they put him in Smash?"

I have some bad news, Link is getting removed from the game next patch Nintendo just remembered that they put him in Soul Calibur.
"X is already in X game, so they can't be in Smash" is a trash argument.

That one guy telling you how their favorite character, X, is super famous and if they couldn't get in Smash, your favorite character, Y, won't 'cause X didn't so you should give up hoping for Y. Yeah that makes sense....
100% agree. Fame doesn't determine a character.

I have three.

For Dixie Kong: "She'd just be an echo of Diddy!"

Look, if Ike isn't an echo of Marth and Hero isn't an echo of Link, then no, Dixie doesn't have to be an echo of anyone. Sakurai can make an original moveset for literally any character. Besides, Dixie's big gimmick is that she does everything with her prehensile hair. Double-jumping, floating, hitting enemies, grabbing items, etc. It's all unique stuff that Diddy can't do. If you think Dixie has to be an echo, that just means you haven't played enough DK games and don't know the character.

For classic/pig Ganon: "We already have three Links and two Zeldas. We don't need two Ganondorfs!"

Having Ganondorf but not Ganon is like having Sheik but not Zelda. Pig Ganon is in lots more games than Ganondorf, and that's how many of us old-school Zelda fans knew him first and love him best. Besides, Ganondorf is still a semi-clone of Captain Falcon and that'll probably never change. Doesn't the main villain of one of Nintendo's biggest series deserve an original moveset?

Another for Ganon: "He's just another Triforce holder."

This one is just silly. The Triforce barely figures into these characters' movesets at all. If you'd never played a Zelda game, you wouldn't even know that Link, Zelda and Ganondorf all have a part of the same magical doodad. With his trident, Fire Keese and teleportation, Ganon would be absolutely nothing like any other character in Smash, Triforce or no Triforce.
100% agree again. It'd be a disservice for Dixie to be an echo at this point. So much for Isabelle being an echo, right? No, she's her own character. As for Ganon, he does deserve his own moveset, just like Dixie. He would be completely unique, imagine K Rool but wielding a trident and magic. Scary.

And speaking of first parties, might as well share my thoughts:

I've noticed there's a lot of pushback against first-parties, and people still seething over Byleth and Min Min. Especially the latter from what I've seen. ARMS seems to get it the worst, so I'll elaborate:

ARMS is here to stay. There's nothing you can do it about it. It wasn't an "shill pick" just because you didn't like the pick. People genuinely wanted ARMS representation. I know, shocker right? People genuinely wanted Min Min in Smash!

If you're unironically mad over Min Min and ARMS being in Smash, get over yourself. I can understand the controversy behind Byleth, but not for ARMS. So much for ARMS being a flop, am I right Smash "fans"? Yet it made it's way into Smash despite being a so-called "flop" according to you. Funny how that works out, doesn't it?

If you're surprised that a Nintendo-made game is getting it's own characters, I don't know what to tell you. God forbid that Nintendo wants to promote it's own games, and god forbid EVEN MORE that people are genuine fans of first-party characters. Smash used to be about Nintendo All-Stars, but everyone seems to have forgotten that part now.

Dixie (and any other first-party character) deserves to be on the roster just as much as anybody else. And anyone arguing AGAINST first-party characters, get over yourself. People want first-party characters. It's hard to believe I know, trust me, but they do. (sarcasm)

Last edited by a moderator:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Also for clarification I'm pretty sure Captain N is a DiC-owned character. Not entirely sure who owns him, but he's certainly not first-party.
Years back, I actually ran a rather large Captain N fansite. When they were releasing the series on DVD, the person in charge of the release contacted me to see if there was any bonus material I could supply. So I did talk to the people in charge for a bit.

Nintendo owns the character completley. All DiC owns is the rights to the cartoon episodes that were created. (There's also a short lived comic series but due to the company being split up, bought, and sold a few times nobody is quite sure who owns those rights.

The character though is 100% Nintendo.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
It's recently occurred to me how people also like to claim Waluigi's relevance to his series is an excuse when Jigglypuff is there.

Jigglypuff is VERY irrelevant to Pokemon.

She was only there in the first place for a short-lived running gag that they stopped using decades ago and even the famous drawn part of said gag involving the marker drawings on faces was never utilized in the games or in her Smash appearance.

She gets no acknowledgement as a Starter of some kind even for spinoffs. They could have easily made her a Starter option in Mystery Dungeon yet it seems they'd sooner give that privilege to stuff like Skitty or Psyduck.

No Mega Evolution. No Z-Move. All she got was the Fairy typing and despite that, her still getting stuck as part Normal holds her back. This buff to her typing does little to change the fact she still is and always was outclassed by Clefairy. Speaking of which, the fact Clefairy was one of the first Pokemon to get through all the red tape, you could argue Jigglypuff only exists JUST to be a worse Clefairy.

All things considered, Jigglypuff is far more irrelevant to Pokemon than Waluigi is to Mario. So that's no excuse.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
It's recently occurred to me how people also like to claim Waluigi's relevance to his series is an excuse when Jigglypuff is there.

She was only there in the first place for a short-lived running gag that they stopped using decades ago and even the famous drawn part of said gag involving the marker drawings on faces was never utilized in the games or in her Smash appearance.

She gets no acknowledgement as a Starter of some kind even for spinoffs. They could have easily made her a Starter option in Mystery Dungeon yet it seems they'd sooner give that privilege to stuff like Skitty or Psyduck.

No Mega Evolution. No Z-Move. All she got was the Fairy typing and despite that, her still getting stuck as part Normal holds her back. This buff to her typing does little to change the fact she still is and always was outclassed by Clefairy. Speaking of which, the fact Clefairy was one of the first Pokemon to get through all the red tape, you could argue Jigglypuff only exists JUST to be a worse Clefairy.

All things considered, Jigglypuff is far more irrelevant to Pokemon than Waluigi is to Mario. So that's no excuse.
Either way, I'm in no place to talk because I want people like Rundas, Phosphora, and Aggron. I just want whoever at this point.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

I mean, it was back then.

And the gag came back in the Sun and Moon series.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
I mean, it was back then.

And the gag came back in the Sun and Moon series.
And yet after all that time in between, nothing has changed for the better for Jigglypuff. Only for it to die out again anyway. I really can't take anything about Sun and Moon seriously.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Puff's main reasons for being in are that the staff like to add joke characters, and that she was (and still is) easy to add since she's based on Kirby. An easy semiclone for 64's shoestring budget, and then she was almost cut from both Brawl and 4, but made it because being a modified Kirby made her the easiest character to add back. Kirby will forever be a staple of the roster, so it's likely that Puff will as well.

That said, Waluigi would be an excellent choice for a joke character, to the point that it's a wonder why they still haven't added him. And he's far from irrelevant!

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I think what annoy me the most , is the "no moveset potential".

I understand that it's easier to make a moveset for some characters than other... But when I see this argument , and counter with fan made movesets (be it text , drawned , or full mods) they reply with "That's how the fans did it , I don't know if Sakurai would be able to make a moveset for INSERT NAME HERE".
And I'm just here , looking at the 80 characters roster Sakurai imagined movesets for , including a potted plant , a regular dog and a duck , and a robot toy with no video game appearance.

This can apply to a lot of characters , but I often saw that argument against Phoenix , Rayman , and Geno.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
It's such a non-argument. It's also worth noting that Captain Falcon and Fox got movesets despite almost never being outside of their vehicles at the time. It's easy to forget, since they've been in from day 1, but Sakurai even made that work. There's loads they'd be able to do for pretty much any character

Ornl

Smash Ace
About Jigglypuff, another theory appeared. Pokémon Pink would have been planned with Pokémon Yellow, but it would have been canceled*. Jigglypuff in Smash should have been promoting Pokémon Pink in the West, so he would have been developed and kept.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
About Jigglypuff, another theory appeared. Pokémon Pink would have been planned with Pokémon Yellow, but it would have been canceled*. Jigglypuff in Smash should have been promoting Pokémon Pink in the West, so he would have been developed and kept.
I'm pretty certain Pink was for Clefairy.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I hate to admit it but it honestly kinda sucks having Conker as my most wanted character since people like me have to deal with the most illogical/untrue arguments you can imagine.

Starting with my favorite:

“He’s too inappropriate/mature”
Are you kidding me??? We’ve already got M-rated characters such as Snake, Joker and even freaking Bayonetta, and you’re telling me that a cartoony squirrel who unlike those three I mentioned, swears very sparingly and always avoids hardcore profanity like the S and F words, and also uses really cartoony looking weapons like a frying pan, a slingshot, Looney Tune-ish guns, etc. is what breaks the boundaries??? Really?! Give me a break. Also compared to something like the Bayonetta games, Bad Fur Day is incredibly tame when it comes to R-rated content. Strong profanity is bleeped, violence is no worse than what you see in Itchy and Scratchy, and the sexual jokes aren’t that hardcore either.

“Nintendo hated Conker”
False! Nintendo was actually very supportive of the project itself, I mean they even organized a separate booth at E3 just to promote Bad Fur Day with contests and even merchandise themed around Conker, which included posters, t-shirts, beer mugs and even condoms (yes, condoms).
1604105084981.jpeg
1604106212447.jpeg
Also Nintendo of America placed Conker alongside the other Nintendo all stars on the walls of their HQ, which pretty much speaks for itself.
1604104801343.jpeg

“Conker’s Bad Fur Day was never released in Japan”.
Again false! While it’s true the original N64 game was only released in the west (which Chris Seavor even admitted it probably was due to the game being launched at the end of the N64 cicle and not inherently due to its content), Rare Replay (which contains BFD) did, and now that Banjo is in Smash, there’s a possibility that Rare as a whole is going to get a bigger cult following there.

“We’ve already got two Microsoft characters in the roster, and if we’re getting a third one, it’s gonna be Master Chief”
We’ve also got two SEGA characters already and that didn’t stop Joker from getting in. Also no offense, but why would someone like Chief be a lock when Halo never even had any game on a Nintendo console and most likely never will since Phil Spencer confirmed he’s not open to the idea of porting first party titles to other consoles?? And let’s not even forget that Conker is a legit former 2nd party Nintendo all star, just like Banjo. Not saying Chief doesn’t have a chance, I’m just saying people tend to overestimate his likeliness, that’s all.

“Banjo already represents Rare, Conker’s inclusion wouldn’t serve any purpose”
What kind of logic is that??? Does that mean Ryu/Ken, the Belmonts, Hero, etc. are wasted additions too, since there’re already characters from their respective companies that came first??? The fighters in Smash are characters not representations. Also why would it be so farfetched for a company like Rare who contributed so much to the big N’s success back in the day to get another character? Plus Conker is literally a no brainer choice for that role since he and Banjo are Rare’s Nº1 mascots.
1604105991139.jpeg

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
We’ve also got two SEGA characters already and that didn’t stop Joker from getting in. Also no offense, but why would someone like Chief be a lock when Halo never even had any game on a Nintendo console and most likely never will since Phil Spencer confirmed he’s not open to the idea of porting first party titles to other consoles, specially when comparing to a former 2nd party Nintendo all star, just like Banjo? Not saying Chief doesn’t have a chance, I’m just saying people tend to overestimate his likeliness, that’s all.
Bayonetta and Joker come from Platinum and Atlus. They are under Sega, but this still holds water because they are still technically from different studios. Same for Banjo and Steve. If you use Phil Spencer's word, then that works against Conker much more. Microsoft has been on receiving end when it came to relationship with Nintendo. Nintendo rarely if at all returned the favor. Sakurai's words on Xbox were blip on radar. Microsoft still has a say on which character to allow. If Microsoft feels it can't get any favor back and denies future inclusion, that means same rate of blockade to all their characters.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Bayonetta and Joker come from Platinum and Atlus. They are under Sega, but this still holds water because they are still technically from different studios. Same for Banjo and Steve.
Uhm... Konami, Capcom, Square...

If you use Phil Spencer's word, then that works against Conker much more. Microsoft has been on receiving end when it came to relationship with Nintendo. Nintendo rarely if at all returned the favor. Sakurai's words on Xbox were blip on radar. Microsoft still has a say on which character to allow. If Microsoft feels it can't get any favor back and denies future inclusion, that means same rate of blockade to all their characters.
What the hell kind of logic is that? We’ve already got one Rareware character in the roster, why would they say no to another one? and how does this affect Microsoft’s mascot character that has always been Xbox exclusive less?? Also you’re saying that putting your characters on arguably the most ambitious crossover fighting game of all time isn’t a big enough favor for you? It also helps that Xbox is rather niche in Japan so if anything, Smash inclusions and Switch ports literally only gives them some brand awareness. Hell Sakurai even got Xbox trending in Japan on the Banjo presentation.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
What the hell kind of logic is that? We’ve already got one Rareware character in the roster, why would they say no to another one? and how does this affect Microsoft’s mascot character that has always been Xbox exclusive less??
You said Phil Spencer isn't willing to port first part titles to Nintendo. Rare titles are first titles. Nintendo history wouldn't have mattered if Phil Spencter didn't green light in the first place. The reason for rejection? Concker lacks two things that Banjo had: massive fan-demand and approval from head of Xbox.

Also you’re saying that putting your characters on arguably the most ambitious crossover fighting game of all time isn’t a big enough favor for you?
Microsoft allowed Ori and Cuphead on other platform although they funded them. On the other hand, Nintendo wouldn't put Bayonetta 2 and 3 which started on non-Nintendo platform. This is why Phil Spencer meant he isn't going further. Yeah yeah, it can bring up recognition, but...

It also helps that Xbox is rather niche in Japan so if anything, Smash inclusions and Switch ports literally only gives them some brand awareness. Hell Sakurai even got Xbox trending in Japan on the Banjo presentation.
That's what I call blip on radar. How much did that lead surge of Xbox in Japan? How would Conker's inclusion help this cause at all?

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
You said Phil Spencer isn't willing to port first part titles to Nintendo. Rare titles are first titles. Nintendo history wouldn't have mattered if Phil Spencter didn't green light in the first place. The reason for rejection? Concker lacks two things that Banjo had: massive fan-demand and approval from head of Xbox.
Halo is literally Microsoft’s flagship IP, so naturally they’re gonna be more stingy with its games, obviously. I don’t think a port of Rare games such as Rare Replay is likely but I don’t really think it’s necessarily out of the question either since Phil seems to acknowledge that a lot of the hype and love for classic Rare games mostly comes from Nintendo gamers. It wouldn’t even be the first time a Rare game gets on a Nintendo console under Microsoft’s ownership anyway (Grunty’s Revenge, Banjo Pilot).
Also why on earth would they even be against Conker’s inclusion in the first place??? It’s not like Nintendo gets the rights to the character for free lmao, and they only get more brand awareness with that as I’ve already mentioned. Also if anything, characters like Joker and Terry show that demand isn’t always the key, and I guess it helps that Conker has always been given pretty much the same kind of promotional merchandise as Banjo & Kazooie, to this day.

Microsoft allowed Ori and Cuphead on other platform although they funded them. On the other hand, Nintendo wouldn't put Bayonetta 2 and 3 which started on non-Nintendo platform. This is why Phil Spencer meant he isn't going further. Yeah yeah, it can bring up recognition, but...
Well yeah, that I agree. The least Nintendo could do is open doors to a Microsoft port to the Bayonetta games, since Bayonetta isn’t even a Nintendo IP in the first place. But like I said, it’s not like Microsoft doesn’t get anything at all in return. Nintendo ports of Minecraft helped push for its popularity in the country. Hell, Minecraft was once Japan’s number 1 most downloaded game on Nintendo.

That's what I call blip on radar. How much did that lead surge of Xbox in Japan? How would Conker's inclusion help this cause at all?
If they actually had that mentality they’d have ended their partnership long ago.
And how is it even more beneficial for Microsoft to ignore another easy money deal opportunity?

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Don't really get why people don't want Shadow. Well, I'm on the defendant stand, and my hair sorta looks like Phoenix Wright's, so I guess I'll argue for his case.
He's just an edgy Sonic!
Is he edgy? Sure. That was intended upon his creation. But when people boil his character down to an edgy version of Sonic and nothing more, then either they didn't play Adventure 2 or didn't give a **** about the story and dialogue. Shadow was created to be the Ultimate Life Form by Gerald Robotnik, not to destroy Earth but to find a cure for his daughter Maria, who had the Sonic-world equivalent of AIDS (Nuero-immune deficiency syndrome, or NIDS for short). The three of them lived on the Space Colony ARK, overlooking the Earth. Shadow became like a brother to Maria, and she was the closest he ever came to loving someone-that is, until the government raided the ARK and killed Maria. Gerald, in a blind rage, forgot his well-meaning goals and, not only did he set the ARK on a crash course to Earth when it had all seven Chaos Emeralds, he also wiped Shadow's memories, and made him think he had to commit mass genocide on the planet to avenge Maria.
For that alone he has more than enough reason to be angry sometimes.
When Shadow is taken out of the ice by Ivo Robotnik AKA Dr. Eggman 50 years later, he aids Eggman and Rouge (secretly a good guy) in collecting the Emeralds so they can wipe out Earth-and this leads to frequent encounters with Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. Shadow may seem like an edgy Sonic, but there's more to him than that. Like when Rouge is trapped in the G.U.N. island that's set to explode, even though he won't gain anything from it, he saves her with Chaos Control. Or when he finally does regain his memories, as the ARK is heading towards the Earth, he teams up with Super Sonic, unlocks his own Super form, and sacrifices his own life to save Earth and fulfill his promise to Maria-to give those on Earth a chance.
There's plenty more signs of him being a tough, quiet guy with a soft inside throughout the series. In Heroes, he gains the friendship of Rouge and Omega, who later become his two best friends-think of Team Dark as a friendship circle of social outcasts. In his solo game, he saves the world again and vows to leave his past behind and become a better person. In 06, he joins G.U.N. to show he really has forgotten about the past, and helps Silver save the future by traveling with him to the past. The only times he is edgy and edgy alone are certain parts of Shadow The Hedgehog, and the meta era of Sonic (in which he's presented as edgy, not for his character but for marketing purposes. Really dislike these new Sonic writers btw).
I know that was a long explanation but believe me, it needs to be a wakeup call to those who think he's a bad character and a bad candidate for Smash. But wait, there's more!
We already have three Sega reps, we don't need another one!
For Sega characters as a whole, Sega is also an extremely important third party developer. They may have fallen from their first-party days, sadly, but anyone who could even raise a finger to Nintendo's grasp on the 80's and 90's videogames market should deserve more recognition in Smash than just three fighters.
Okay, but not from Sonic! There are way more Sega franchises to choose from!
Oh I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you, I was listening to the soundtrack of Sonic The Hedgehog, the most influential and important game of the 90's. Sonic deserves at least two or three reps in Smash, like it or not. Comparing his popularity to, say, Fire Emblem (8 characters) and it's pretty imbalanced. Not saying FE doesn't deserve that many reps, it's just blown way out of proportion compared to franchises like Sonic. Yes, there are other Sega characters to choose from-such as Hatsune Miku, Kazuma Kiryu, a Sakura Wars character, NiGHTS, Axel Stone, B.D. Joe, Arle-but those franchises pale in comparison to the popularity and importance of Sonic (except for Miku of course, she definitely rivals Sonic there).
Okay, but not Shadow! What about Tails, or Knuckles, or Eggman, or Metal Sonic, or Amy, or Blaze, or Silver, or Big, or the Chaotix, or.........
Fair point, but I'll shoot it down real quick.
It is true that Tails, Knuckles, Metal, Eggman, and Amy hold a lot of importance to the series and predate Shadow. They also have a decent amount of moveset potential (not that it matters much). So let's go through them one by one.
Metal Sonic: He hasn't appeared in a single canon Sonic game since 2003's Sonic Heroes, whilst Shadow has a major role in 2017's Sonic Forces. Also, Metal is just the less cool rival to Sonic. 'Nuff said.
Amy: She also hasn't done nearly as much for the series as Shadow has. I also believe Shadow has been playable more often in the mainline games. Plus her only abilities come in the form of her hammer, while Shadow has hand-to-hand combat, weapons, Chaos powers, etc.
Tails: He actually does hold a decent light to Shadow in terms of who could get in first. However, Shadow has a few more things on his side than Tails does which I'll go over in a minute. But along that, Tails was made into a Mii Costume DLC. If they're making his costume a DLC costume and not base game, when it was already in Smash Wii U, means he won't be a DLC fighter (probably).
Knuckles: Same argument, plus the DLC costume stuff. I'll explain here soon.
Eggman: Okay, here's that argument I was talking about.
Shadow is the favorite character of series director Takashi Iizuka. If Sakurai were to do the same thing he did with Min Min, he would ask Iizuka what character he wants in Smash, and then we have our winner.
Sakurai possibly has a thing for edgy characters. He created both Meta Knight and Dark Pit (a darker version of an already existing protagonist-sound familiar?).
His AT model would need some more polygons and detail in general, but they obviously wouldn't have to do as much work to get his fighter model. If they can't do that, they can still just build off of Sonic's.
Plenty of characters have broken boundaries before. Chrom appears in a final smash and is a fighter. Proto Man is in a final smash and has a mii costume. Min Min is a spirit and a fighter.
Bomberman was made into a Mii Costume that looks just like the normal Bomberman Assist Trophy, and has eight color variations-so obviously, Sakurai is seeing how we might react to an AT upgrade of some kind-and that could mean he wants to take someone like Shadow and make them a fighter.
If that's correct, then Shadow has a good shot at being chosen.
He's the second most popular character in the series.
He's extremely popular amongst Smash speculation.
He had a super-prominent role in Sonic Forces, plus he was featured in Team Sonic Racing as a playable character.
He has a really good chance of getting in, possibly as much as Eggman does or even more so.
Finally, here's the dumbest criticism:
He would just be an echo of Sonic!
Why is it dumb? Because this.
My full Shadow moveset. As far as I can recall, he shares two moves with Sonic in this set and that's it. Enjoy.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
We already have three Sega reps, we don't need another one!
I don't know why someone would argue this, but if people are, it makes no sense. The Sonic series is like the Mario series to me where, if anything, it should have a lot of characters. Shadow, Eggman, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Metal Sonic should all be playable.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I don't know why someone would argue this, but if people are, it makes no sense. The Sonic series is like the Mario series to me where, if anything, it should have a lot of characters. Shadow, Eggman, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Metal Sonic should all be playable.
Big part of me wishes Nintendo would purchase some of the rights to the Sonic IP, just for that matter. It feels so lonely having only Sonic in the roster tbh.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Yeah it is really dumb. However the one I hear more often is the “of all the Sega franchises to choose from, it shouldn’t be Sonic.” Which is also pretty dumb.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I'm just going to post to this laughtably bad arguments on Gamefaqs that the poster tries to disguise as what most people expect from a 3rd party character
this thread in Gamefaqs is filled with A-holes where they literally jerk around the idea of a character being an anime girl and say things like "Hahaha, you are a degenerate pervert". Also I can't believe that they dance around a character not being in just because it has an intercourse scene in the game when it is only 2 that existed and the copy of that game with that sexual scene is non-existent and yet say things like "iF yOu GoOgLe It It SaYs It'S fRoM a H gAmE"

Also the one who says this is literally the fan of that series and the fact that he called someone a fake fan just because they don't know that the scene existed baffles me on how big his ego is

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
this thread in Gamefaqs is filled with A-holes where they literally jerk around the idea of a character being an anime girl and say things like "Hahaha, you are a degenerate pervert". Also I can't believe that they dance around a character not being in just because it has an intercourse scene in the game when it is only 2 that existed and the copy of that game with that sexual scene is non-existent and yet say things like "iF yOu GoOgLe It It SaYs It'S fRoM a H gAmE"

Also the one who says this is literally the fan of that series and the fact that he called someone a fake fan just because they don't know that the scene existed baffles me on how big his ego is
As a user of that site, I feel kinda bad.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
People dismissing the possibility of Paper Mario being a playable fighter just because there's Origami King spirits is laughably insulting.

Big part of me wishes Nintendo would purchase some of the rights to the Sonic IP, just for that matter. It feels so lonely having only Sonic in the roster tbh.
No, just no. Don't support monopolies just because you want your Sonic fanfiction to come true. Nintendo and Sega can collaborate on a Mario x Sonic crossover without resorting to acquisitions.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
No, just no. Don't support monopolies just because you want your Sonic fanfiction to come true. Nintendo and Sega can collaborate on a Mario x Sonic crossover without resorting to acquisitions.
In case you failed to understand the obviousness of my reply, I just want that so that more Sonic characters can join Smash, I didn’t even mention any specific crossover with Mario lmfao. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I mean, if it means we get a good and consistent style for 3D Sonic, and maybe some half-decent writers for the story, then I'm all for it.

D

Deleted member

"They can't promote an assist trophy because a small crowd will complain about it"

Because they totally canceled Byleth over a bigger crowd complaining about them.
Yeah, this one's by far the dumbest. I guess Terry, Byleth and Steve (definitely saw that crowd complaining about him) are cancelled forever. Sorry. Should have never support those characters to begin with. Sucker.

Small crowds complained about Steve too, I don't see Sakurai cancelling Steve any time soon. That's stupid.

But, really, imagine being unironically mad over AT upgrades. Why would you not want this? You know, a chance at getting someone finally playable? If you're concerned about the "floodgates" opening up, too late. That already happened as soon as third parties joined the roster. It also happened when spirits didn't deconfirm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
But, really, imagine being unironically mad over AT upgrades. Why would you not want this? You know, a chance at getting someone finally playable? If you're concerned about the "floodgates" opening up, too late. That already happened as soon as third parties joined the roster. It also happened when spirits didn't deconfirm.
They're convinced that either A. The work put into assist trophies is more precious than devs that let you turn off items think, or B. that the rest of the pass absolutely has to be third-party icons.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
It's this one that's always the problem. People are actively against first-party characters these days.. why?
Don't know, properly because of how many 3rd party reps we got?
:ultsonic: :ultsnake: :ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultken::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultsteve:
(I remember that 4 of Fighters Pass were third party reps, didn't help that the 5th came from Fire Emblem which is hated by Smash fans due to how many reps the franchise got so quickly.)
Edit: double post, delete pls.

Last edited:
Top Bottom