• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your favorite Smash Bros. Experience?

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
I couldn't find an existing thread on this topic, so I thought I'd make one!

Basically, try and recall what your best/favorite/funniest/most totally awesome experience in Smash is. It can be from any game, with any character, so on and so forth. You get the gist. I'll start.

This just happened today (2/17/2016 for future reference).
So I was fighting one For Glory when I came across this troll. So I pick my main, Cloud, and fought him. (I forget what his actually username was, but his Smash name was 'Daddy') I won some, he won some (and every time he won, he would say 'EZ'), we switched characters every now and again.

So at some point, he decides to go AFK. Once I realize this, being the sensible person I am, I decide to go a low tier characters and throw him off the ledge multiple times. I picked Mewtwo first and got some points for a conquest, but then I decided to go Jigglypuff. Now, I have no idea how to play Jigglypuff. I've never seen anyone sufficiently play Jigglypuff on Youtube or anything at all.

So for the first stock, I threw him off the cliff, but then he came back. He missed his recovery, but I was stuck as Jigglypuff against a fairly strong Link player with no idea what to do. So I fly around, spitting out aerials, untill I'm pushed back to the ledge. He goes for an Usmash for some reason then holds shield. I hit his shield with a pound, then roll back. He keeps shielding. So I walk up slowly and nail him with a rest while his shield is low, taking his last stock and winning the game!

And that is my favorite/most hilarious experience in Smash. Sorry it was long, I like to explain things in detail, but I hope you enjoyed reading it at least! :D

(EDIT: BTW: I'm now looking (not 'not looking' ) into having Jiggs as one of my mains xD)

Last edited:

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
I think the best moments in Smash come from doubles, because team chemistry just creates so much hype when partner combos are executed correctly.

Once when playing with friends, and ironically this was also when I was playing Puff, my partner and I ended two of our opponents stocks with him back-throwing with ZSS and me catching them in mid-air with Rest~ >w<

Granted I failed to catch them in the right spot three times and had to sit vulnerably until my partner rescued me, but it was still something cool nonetheless~

Suzukipot

Actual Mother trash
NNID
em12498
3DS FC
0404-9964-5652
One time I went on the tournament mode on Sm4sh. After waiting for an eternity for the game to start, I see that my opponent is a Fox, so I start to think about some strats I could use. 'Well,' I think to myself, 'Foxes usually start off the match by neutral B-ing, so I'll down B (as I was playing Lucas) and absorb the lasers.' As I expected the Fox did just that, so I held down down B. The Fox player apparently got so fed up that they just SD'd both their stocks. It still makes me laugh whenever I think about it.

Last edited:

IAmHorse

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3540-3124-0028
When smash 4 came out, i was still a smash casual and i wasnt sure if i was going to try and play more competitively. I went to a friends house who owned smash 4 and we decided to do a falcon ditto. i told myself if i beat him, id try to play smash competitively. Match starts with obligatory down taunt. i ended up twostocking him, first stock from an uptilt spike and second one from an offstage fpunch. i can still taste the salt he emanated that day. smash is a beautiful thing, friends.

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
New favorite moment:

When you are the only member of your team left in a 2v1, them both actually decent players and you are playing as your best secondary you have despite having zero Doubles experience basically...

And you STILL win.

Still gonna say that KO punch is fun at, though.

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
So for our Psychology class, we were offered extra credit if we pulled an all nighter (it was to see the effects of sleep deprivation on mental processes). One of my friends couldn't make it so I just played a bunch of random 1v1s with my other friend. I got this crazy 0 to death combo with Captain Falcon and I landed a knee. It was just cool to see how being half awake really heightened my senses. I was also somehow able to land an Up Smash and win with Sheik when my friend was going ZSS. These were the first times I was really even using these characters outside of the lab.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Every time I land that true SRK by abusing invincibility frames to power through random fsmashes.

Questriolu

Smash Cadet
Almost everytime I played Project M in the games club at my school. In High School, by the way.

So of course me, being the Ganon main in PM, I decide to go do a bit of disrespect. As I press B, I assumed that I would use the Punch, but it was a cape instead. Luckily, I was able to hold my ground until I'm up against a Kirby. I almost got my butt kicked, and I recovered back into the stage. I side-tilted the Kirby, and as it recovers back high in the air, I decide to down taunt for a bit. However, I held on to it a bit too long, and I see a purple magic in the sword. I was a bit confused at the time, but until the swing hits the recovering Kirby, I won.

With my heart beating like I have Cardiac Arrest, I didn't expect the sword to actually hit. It was kind of my first time discovering the Ganon sword attack in Project M. I did give everyone a "gg" in the round, and lend someone else the controller.

So as usual, a few matches later, I kept bodying that one classmate with the sword, and he got pretty salty. Because of the sword, he told me because of that, Ganondorf is broken, and that I'm spamming. To be fair, the Sword spam stuff is just some sandbag business I usually do. I was confused of what he's saying, because clearly, Ganondorf is easy to deal with, due to his mostly slow mobility, etc.

I told him he's not broken and I was just messing around, and he said that I was lying, and he's stating the "facts".

Then, I said that he is being salty, and he pretty much lost it.

As he then tries to flat out target me one, by using Lucas, I told him that if he hated Ganondorf so much for why he's targeting me when I played Ganondorf. Of course, I defeated him easily, and he exploded in rage after I disrespected him.

Right now, I knew that he's trying to hit me, so I told him that he might need to take a break. He never took my advice, and tells me to stop playing the game and ruining it for everyone, even though I had fun-time with the game, like the others are. I told him that he's taking the game too seriously when I'm around, and maybe should stop saying that I'm ruining everything, just because I played Ganondorf. He then hit me in the shoulder with his lunchbox, that seems to be heavy, and said that I deserved that hit. A teacher came in, and told that classmate to go outside with him. Instead of him going to the teacher, he left the room.

Even until right now, he wishes to beat me in Smash, but this time, in Brawl. Again, I still played Ganondorf mostly, and I was barely able to beat him 1 stock situation.

This is simply a story that happened a bit of time ago. I think he might have calmed down right now, but he still hates me for that reason I played Ganondorf.

Too bad that Games Club I have doesn't have Sm4sh.

TK8305

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TK8305
I have plenty of great moments in my Smash Series videos. Landing a Reverse Kirby Falcon Punch on a Ganondorf & Falcon for a DOUBLE KO has to be one of my favs. xDDD

D

Deleted member

Realizing that I never needed a scene or server to enjoy Smash in the first place. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Unlocking sonic in brawl. (Even though he was shown right on the back of the box, my mind forgot about it)

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
My best Smash experience was at my third tournament, Kings of Hali in Halifax, Nova Scotia. It was the best I'd ever done in a tournament. I didn't make it out of pools, but they had an amateur bracket, which I basically won. Technically I placed second, but only because one of the top players in the region was put in the bracket since he didn't play pools. I played him twice, in Winner's Finals and Grand Finals. In WFs he 3-0'd me and was even the first person to ever 4-stock me, but in GFs I managed to take a game off him, which felt pretty good. I had a great time and that's what matters most. I made some new friends and I learned some new tricks. It was the best tournament I've been to so far.

ElectroLightning

Banned via Warnings
NNID
kultava
Almost everytime I played Project M in the games club at my school. In High School, by the way.

So of course me, being the Ganon main in PM, I decide to go do a bit of disrespect. As I press B, I assumed that I would use the Punch, but it was a cape instead. Luckily, I was able to hold my ground until I'm up against a Kirby. I almost got my butt kicked, and I recovered back into the stage. I side-tilted the Kirby, and as it recovers back high in the air, I decide to down taunt for a bit. However, I held on to it a bit too long, and I see a purple magic in the sword. I was a bit confused at the time, but until the swing hits the recovering Kirby, I won.

With my heart beating like I have Cardiac Arrest, I didn't expect the sword to actually hit. It was kind of my first time discovering the Ganon sword attack in Project M. I did give everyone a "gg" in the round, and lend someone else the controller.

So as usual, a few matches later, I kept bodying that one classmate with the sword, and he got pretty salty. Because of the sword, he told me because of that, Ganondorf is broken, and that I'm spamming. To be fair, the Sword spam stuff is just some sandbag business I usually do. I was confused of what he's saying, because clearly, Ganondorf is easy to deal with, due to his mostly slow mobility, etc.

I told him he's not broken and I was just messing around, and he said that I was lying, and he's stating the "facts".

Then, I said that he is being salty, and he pretty much lost it.

As he then tries to flat out target me one, by using Lucas, I told him that if he hated Ganondorf so much for why he's targeting me when I played Ganondorf. Of course, I defeated him easily, and he exploded in rage after I disrespected him.

Right now, I knew that he's trying to hit me, so I told him that he might need to take a break. He never took my advice, and tells me to stop playing the game and ruining it for everyone, even though I had fun-time with the game, like the others are. I told him that he's taking the game too seriously when I'm around, and maybe should stop saying that I'm ruining everything, just because I played Ganondorf. He then hit me in the shoulder with his lunchbox, that seems to be heavy, and said that I deserved that hit. A teacher came in, and told that classmate to go outside with him. Instead of him going to the teacher, he left the room.

Even until right now, he wishes to beat me in Smash, but this time, in Brawl. Again, I still played Ganondorf mostly, and I was barely able to beat him 1 stock situation.

This is simply a story that happened a bit of time ago. I think he might have calmed down right now, but he still hates me for that reason I played Ganondorf.

Too bad that Games Club I have doesn't have Sm4sh.
Too many LOLZ!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I've mentioned this in like 20 other threads, but it's still the most satisfying thing that has ever happened to me in a Smash Bros game.

Last year I was playing on For Glory as :4drmario:, when I found a :4diddy: player. This was back when Diddy still had his hoo-hah combo, so like your typical braindead For Glory player, he does nothing d-throw --> up-air. He beats me and spams taunts.

Next match, I switch to :4wario2: while he switches to :4ness:. As to be expected, he does virtually nothing but pk-fire. I beat with Wario and taunted him.

On the CSS, he changes his tag to "U JUSTSPAM" (I don't even need to explain how dumb of a comment this is). In order to prove this clown wrong, I decided to pick a character that I wasn't as good with, :4luigi: (back then I was really bad with him), while he resorts back to :4diddy:. I take his first stock relatively easy, then throw him off of the stage. As he tries to recover with Diddy's side-B, I hit him with a fireball, which causes him to not grab the ledge and mess up his recovery. I taunt him as he falls to his death at like 4%. Right before the match ends, the game lags severely and all of a sudden he's not at the CSS, meaning that he rage quit when he knew he lost.

I wish I could have seen his reaction when he knew he lost :laugh:.

Lioncache

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
LION#321
my favorite experience is when i carry someone off to the blast zone

Last edited:
Top Bottom