• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your favorite move in Ultimate?

Yoshi_smash

Smash Apprentice
I searched for this topic and couldn't really find anything (apologies if it does exist somewhere, but I couldn't find it). What I generally found when I searched were "favorite move" discussions from years ago in previous games (Melee, Brawl, etc.) and in different sections.

The question is, what is your favorite move in Ultimate? It can be a move of any character -- it could be a move of the character you main, a move of your secondary, or a move of a character you don't play as very often. It can be any type of move -- aerial, special, throw, etc. The move has to be a specific move of a specific character, such as Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch.

My favorite move in Ultimate is egg lay (when Yoshi puts an opponent in his mouth, swallows them, and then poops them out as an egg). It's my favorite move because it is Yoshi's signature move, and Yoshi is my favorite character. I also like using egg lay near the edge of the stage so that the opponent falls off the edge of the stage while stuck inside the egg.

:yoshi: :ultyoshi:

Yoshiegglay.png

Last edited:

Northadox

Smash Apprentice
There is nothing, NOTHING more divine than Dr. Mario's Back Throw.

GhostM

Phantom
Nothing feels more rewarding when executing a combo and finishing it off with Falcon’s knee of justice. For me personally, just the sound, visual, and watching your opponents lose a stock is what makes it so rewarding when pulled off.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Rob's side b solves wars, saves lives and can kill super early off-stage

HeavyMaster

Smash Cadet
King K Rool's Blunderbuss (neutral b) is my favorite move ever. The cartoony sound effect when you shoot your opponent, the fact that it kills pretty early, can slip through platforms with it, can suck and cuck people, in doubles use one enemy to kill the other AND the DKC2 hommage with the pirate hat are all factors making this move hilarious for me

edit: you can aim it forward, upward and backward too, which is really nice :)

Last edited:

papa_tetris

Smash Rookie
Gotta say Puff UpB. They buffed it so well. Its actually a viable move now! I just need to stop using it when I get nervous.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Wolf Flash, because holy hell that is one meaty hit when you land it.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Favorite move? Oooh, that's hard... there are a lot of contenders.

:ultganondorf:'s dair is the ultimate denial. I just love the connect. Other moves are more useful but they just don't have quite that flair.

:ultpeach::ultdaisy:'s butts are great (talking about the side B attack of course) but I think I have to say the turnips. Ganonstomp may be the ultimate denial but nailing someone with a turnip off the stage is the opposite. It's just such a pitiful, insulting way to bump them out too far. It's great.

:ultbowser:'s butt cares not for your shield nor your futile wish that it protect you.

Last edited:

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
:ultcloud: - Finishing Touch. Yeah, you died at 60. What you gonna do about it?

:ultbowser: - Fair. Simple, yet so effective.

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
THE WAFT!!!!

I only play Wario occasionally just for fun, and whenever I land a waft I shout, "FARTY PARTY!!!" Amazing.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
For me, it's a tossup between PK Fire and PK Thunder, both being Ness' versions. Both are amazing for racking up damage. PK Thunder has been buffed a lot this game...

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My choices for best move (note, not all)

:ultbowser:: Side Smash, Down Air and Side Special
:ultmetaknight:: Side Special
:ultgreninja:: Down Air, Neutral Special and Down Taunt
:ultpikachu:: Down Special
:ultincineroar:: Side Special and all Smash Attacks
:ultinkling:: Side Special
:ultmario:: Up Special
:ultpeach: and:ultdaisy:: Side Special and Side Smash
:ultolimar:: Side Special
:ultwolf:: Side Smash

And who could forget
:ultluigi:: Down Taunt

That is all I got for now

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
My favourites
:ultyoshi:: Egg Roll and Egg Throw
:ultkirby:: Hammer Flip and F-Air
:ultkingdedede:: Gordo and F-Smash

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Ridley's down-B is very satisfying to land.

Too bad that it almost never lands.

nshoes

Smash Cadet
Sheik's bouncing fish. Its got flair, takes skill to use and setup correctly, and is SO satisfying.

Runner up is Gannondorf's dair. The ultimate middle finger offstage.

D

Deleted member

Joker's gun, K.Rool's crown, Samus's down tilt, Simon's tricks with the whip, Hero's Final Smash and Ridley's Final Smash

Corroy

Smash Rookie
Double Edge Dance. Extremely fast and satisfying.

Last edited:

Grie

Smash Apprentice
:ultsnake:´s U-tilt is so stupid I love it, made me want to play the character single handedly

But there is just something about :ultlucina: fair that is iconic about why people hate swordies, and why I love the taste of there salty tears.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Ridley's side-B. Grinding foes across the stage and then launching them

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
Lucas’ Up-Smash has been my favorite since Brawl, it feels amazing reading someone with it as they’re landing or as a roll read. It’s also an optimal shield break punish since a fully charged one can kill at around 50%.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Trick Shot. getting kills with it from far range is like a quadruple cheese pizza: disgustingly satisfying and vice versa.

Oil Panic. when your friend is a spammy Mewtwo main it does wonders.

Mii Brawler's Shot Put and Suplex because they make my Muddy Mole Mii just slightly more realistic

Mr. G&W's throws for... reasons.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Always has been and always will be Falcon's knee, hence my name.

Ridley's N-Air isn't too far off though, it's the all-purpose tool.

Last edited:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
CHICKEN TENDERS !

Jigs's sing also makes for some pretty disrespectful plays and i'm all about it.

Last edited:

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
:ultbayonetta1: Witch Time. After getting a hard read you pretty much get a choose-your-own-adventure of disrespect. It's absolutely beautiful when it works out.

KoMallow

Smash Cadet
:ulticeclimbers: { Ice Climbers }

:GCR::GCB: Side B ( Squall Hammer )

• I love that Side B allows for follow- ups and combos when they are in sync
  • [ Can lead into U Airs for good Damage or N Air at lower percent's ] and [ Damage if you manage to hit multiple U Airs }
  • Side B ( Squall Hammer ) is a pretty cool tool to escape Disadvantage state ( for Example ):
    • { Ledge Wakeup } ( can desync them for interesting situations )
    • { Viable Landing option }
    • { Useful Burst option }
    • { Horizontal and Vertical Recovery } ( I going to use this loosely because it does not catch ledge like previous games )
  • When Solo, it does have it's usage, like to through your opponent off
  • Can be Desync to create strong shield pressure or push advantage ( but good players will catch on )
  • Lastly, I love the particle effects ( the move is flashy and has utility overall )

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Zelda's down taunt.

As for an actual attack, probably PK Fire Nayru. So spammable online :3.

Ice-N-Space

Smash Apprentice
My favorite would be Peach's Back Air Its pretty, fast, and it last a long time I love knocking enemies down with it floating back and forth attacking repeatedly. But of course all of Peach's butt attacks are my favorite.

Top Bottom