• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your dream custom stage?

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Custom stages will always be the best part of Project M/Brawl hacking for me. Skins are cool yeah, but the stages are what really define the gameplay. As you look around though, it's easy to notice that many notable game series have little or no representation in regards to stages.

As I get more into stage hacking, I'm beginning to build a wishlist of stages I'd like to possibly work on some day or see from somebody else. So, I'm curious. What are your dream custom stages? The games and areas that you would like to see in Smash?

Here are a few of mine:

Chrono Trigger

It's so surprising to me that there really isn't a definitive Chrono Trigger stage out there given how influential and loved the game is. I understand it though. The game doesn't have any 3D assets to port and it's extremely detailed. Personally, I would love to play a stage based Zenan Bridge like the Mugen stage screenshot above, albeit with more assets like maybe some Imps in the background. Other options are the End of Time area or the bridge where the battle against the Dragon Tank is fought.

Dragon Quest
I'm a little biased since this is my favorite game series of all time aside from Smash Bros, but Dragon Quest really deserves some representation. There isn't a single stage out there anywhere. It's possibly the most successful and influential JRPG series of all time and it's very important to Nintendo's past and present. There are so many great areas spanning the series that would work for this, but my personal pick is Zenithia, the floating castle in the sky featured heavily in Dragon Quest IV, V, and VI.

Kid Icarus (2D NES)
Kid Icarus has kind of gotten shafted in regards to stages. Both Skyworld and Palutena's Temple are unwieldy and plain looking to me. I'd love to make or see a 2D, sprite-based Kid Icarus stage based on the NES or Game Boy games. The layout of the games makes sense in regards to Smash gameplay and some little enemy sprites could be animated to move around and glide past the screen.

What about you? What are your dream stages that you think would work for Smash Bros?

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
This might be a nice thread for yourself and possibly others to brainstorm ideas for stages. I like it. c:

Since I'm biased towards the Kirby series, anything based off of either Return to Dreamland or Triple Deluxe would be fantastic. I'm heavily leaning on a competitive stage based off of the Another Dimension levels.

Of course almost anything from either, like Magolor's arena or Dark Meta Knight's arena, would be welcomed as well.

Last edited:

Mullkaw

Smash Rookie
Since I'm biased toward the Mother series, I would love if a stage was made as Chupichupyoi Temple from Mother 3.

The stage would have moderate side blast zones, and a moderately high ceiling. It would take place in the sky above the temple with a good view of it's protruding vines. The would be large clouds, red birds, and UFOs in the sky, and a save frog and a hooded Mr. Saturn on the ground. Oh, and a waterfall.

Last edited:

TSW

Smash Rookie
Stages are my favorite part of the Smash Bros. experience, so I actually think about this quite a bit.

1. Holosseum - Custom Robo
There are many different types of Holosseums in the games, so there's a lot of room for variety.

2. CloudRunner Fortress - Star Fox Adventures
Sure, Adventures gets a bad rep, but I think it needs a little love <3

3. Skytown - Metroid Prime 3
Honestly, I would take just about anything from the Metroid Prime series, but this one always seems to stand out in my mind.

4. Arbiter's Grounds - Twilight Princess
Again, I would take anything from Twilight Princess. It's one of my favorite games of all time.

5. Literally any good Donkey Kong or Fire Emblem stage. I don't feel like there are as many custom stages lying around for those two, especially Fire Emblem.

Another dream of mine is to see all of the altered Brawl stages in PM, like Norfair and Distant Planet, reskinned to become their own, unique stages without changing the gameplay. Like how PM WarioWare was reskinned to become Wario Land. I'm also partial to the reskin of PM Green Hill Zone into PM Chemical Plant Zone. Kind of a long shot, but I can dream, right?

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Since I'm biased towards the Kirby series, anything based off of either Return to Dreamland or Triple Deluxe would be fantastic. I'm heavily leaning on a competitive stage based off of the Another Dimension levels.

I actually could pull that off... Modified Melee FD background with greyscaled Cookie Country foreground... Hmm....

As for me. I think a version of Spiral Mountain based on that sequel that no one likes would be awesome. (Never gonna happen tho)

Last edited:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
These are my most wanted stages:
The Egg Carrier

This would be so cool to fight on and there is already a model i found of the egg carrier ripped from Sa1. That means it's very possible that this can become a stage if someone has time on their hands.
Saltspray Rig

This is the one other stage i would love to have since no one has made a splatoon stage yet. Maybe because a lack of models, or models being too high poly but still I can dream...

So those are the two stages I'd love to see in smash bros brawl, or maybe in smash wii u but nevertheless, These would be awesome stages.

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
I would love a Bowser's Airship map, either as a competitive stage, or a scrolling stage. Something based on its look in the NSMB series like this:
would be great. It could be scrolling like Rainbow Cruise or something competitive, with a crow's nest in the middle and two other platforms that rotate around the crow's nest.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
All of these are great suggestions. Personally I would love to see the Splatoon stage that was mentioned. Makes sense and would make a really cool design.

Stages are my favorite part of the Smash Bros. experience, so I actually think about this quite a bit.

1. Holosseum - Custom Robo
There are many different types of Holosseums in the games, so there's a lot of room for variety.
I actually believe that someone is currently working on a Custom Robo Holloseum stage based on the second screenshot you shared! I know I saw a WIP version a week or so ago.

KingOfTheHill

Smash Cadet
3. Skytown - Metroid Prime 3
Honestly, I would take just about anything from the Metroid Prime series, but this one always seems to stand out in my mind.

I've always wanted a skytown stage. That place is just so beautiful.

Gripes.

Smash Cadet
Fighting on a moving train cars as it moves always seemed cool to me. A real good idea would be the train going through maybe different lands of nintendo's franchises and such.
tumblr_inline_mfvar4kMwH1qlygw8.png

It could start as Mushroom Kingdom then go through a tunnel (maybe a castle?) then come out at Hyrule Field (Spirit Tracks maybe?) And then somehow go into Kanto or something and then loop again.

Heres a (terrible) mock up of what I mean above. The red bars can be transition tunnels that would load the next part of the stage. It sounds super impossible and is definitely a dream stage for me.

I also want to have the Airship from Megaman Legends as a stage.

Attachments

Last edited:

KingOfTheHill

Smash Cadet
Fighting on a moving train cars as it moves always seemed cool to me. A real good idea would be the train going through maybe different lands of nintendo's franchises and such.
View attachment 75173
It could start as Mushroom Kingdom then go through a tunnel (maybe a castle?) then come out at Hyrule Field (Spirit Tracks maybe?) And then somehow go into Kanto or something and then loop again.

Heres a (terrible) mock up of what I mean above. The red bars can be transition tunnels that would load the next part of the stage. It sounds super impossible and is definitely a dream stage for me.

Its not exact but its a similar idea

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
I am almost CERTAIN I have seen this stage on Brawl Vault, complete with animated characters hanging out in the background. Do some searching there.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I am almost CERTAIN I have seen this stage on Brawl Vault, complete with animated characters hanging out in the background. Do some searching there.
You're most likely thinking of the Gesellschaft stage, which is different from what Gripes is referring to.

Last edited:

TSW

Smash Rookie
I actually believe that someone is currently working on a Custom Robo Holloseum stage based on the second screenshot you shared! I know I saw a WIP version a week or so ago.
Really? Where at? I'd love to see. I've been a long time lurker so I know that Splat was working on one many moons ago, but I was under the impression he wasn't stage-making anymore.

ProdigyGamingYT

Smash Rookie
NNID
Prodigy0411
OH, so many. But one in particular is Saltspray Rig from Splatoon.

It could maybe be sidescrolling, with crates and whatnot in the way - and maybe four colors of ink at a time? Like, p1 is red, so red ink hurts everyone BUT p1, 'cause it;s THEIR ink? Does this make sense?

Songs could include Splatoon Title Theme, I Am octavio, Calamari Inkantion, Ink Me Up... I'm outta ideas.

Pikifan4IndigoCobra57

Smash Apprentice
Eh, honestly I'd mostly want Mother series stages like Sunshine Forest, Podunk, Happy Happy Village, etc. It would be awesome to see a stage based of Silent Hill or Dead Rising, like Room 302 or Williamette Mall.

vathekid

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see a few layouts as possible!

1. A map from Xenoblade Chronicles, Either based on classic gaur plains, or the fallen arm. possibly as legal varients such as battlefield or green hill zone (as both could use a few more styles)

2. Mother series! Possibly on of off the mother 3 final battle with models of lucas and masked man staring down one another with the dragon spike in between as an FD alt, another fd alt as well with giegue watching the fight (thanks to a custom mewtwo skin floating around), and possibly just a legal variant in general for magicent

3. Twilight princess, the area where as wolf link with the shade master howling together. that place is pretty majestic.

4. Bowser's inside story legal variant of the final battle area! we have it in brawl vault, just not legal yet

Top Bottom