• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your competitve gaming name/alias? and how did you get it?

MewtwoUprising

Smash Cadet
NNID
Necro84
for example, my competitive name is Necro with an omega for an O I chose this because I've always been fascinated with latin and greek and when I used to do MMA they called me "the reaper" because of my ability to knock someone out absolute zero cold. and basically, I could notfind a good latin word to mean reaper so I used death instead since death is another name for the grim reaper and after translating it to latin it becomes Necro which is what I go by in the competitive gaming scene What about you? what is the story behind your competitive gaming name?

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Arikado, from the Castlevania series, specifically Aria and Dawn of Sorrow.

The SD in my name stands for sweet-devil. I used to frequent a forum a long time ago and I gave my account password to a friend of mine (that was super dumb, don't do it kids) and he changed the name from Arikado to sweet-devil for reasons I don't know, and I used that name for a long time up until 2010 where I started using Arikado. At that time I still used both Arikado and sweet-devil together and I pretty much never stopped using that name until I established myself as Arikado in my local smash scene. My Steam and maybe a few other accounts I forgot about are still sweet-devil or variations of it however (x instead of - if they don't allow dashes), but I don't plan on ever using that anywhere else.

I'd actually want to change my steam now come to think about it, don't know if I can tho.. and I don't think it matters since people can find me through my display name.

Last edited:
Top Bottom