• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is this called?

Perfect patricia

Smash Apprentice
I have this issue whenever I enter a tilt after a grab my character just stands there and I lost a couple of matches because of it. I was peach and I go for down throw and then foward tilt and she just stands there and it really pisses me off. Same thing happens when I try to go for a tilt out of shield and my character will just stand there, is this a controller problem or what?

Lord_Ghirahim

Smash Cadet
Are you sure you aren't inputting the tilt before the throw animation / drop shield animation has finished?

Last edited:

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
I mean it sounds like to me that youre just pressing the button too early, but shouldnt that action be bufferable in this game?

kraw23

Smash Apprentice
You can hold the input during the throw animation to buffer it - it will then come out on the first available frame after end lag. Could also just be lag if you're playing online. Practise dthrow>ftilt in training, it'll work fine I bet.

Top Bottom