• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the most ridiculous gordo reflect

Krubby

Smash Cadet
In Kirby games, Gordo's are invincible, dangerous enemies. You never challenge them, you can only avoid them. In smash bros they're pathetic wimpy pushovers who keel over at the slightest resistance and do anything they can to kill their master. What do you think is the stupidest thing for gordo's to get reflected by? In my opinion it's the fact that at any time of its mere existence, mechakoopas will bounce it back without even exploding. Even if the mechakoopa's just spawned and is sitting there contemplating its newfound life thats still enough for gordos to give up and run back home to mama to go and smash her in the face.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Falco's laser. I despise when it gets reflected by that thing. Oh, and Falcon/Mac's jab.

DEX_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Crowind
3DS FC
5086-1792-9558
Didddy's damn banana

what the hell, seriously, how can a banana reflect a huge pointed iron ball

Krubby

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah, I said the one that seems like the most ridiculous to reflect but as for the most inconvenient one ZSS's neutral b and zair cause the most problems. And its a blast of pure energy, it doesnt exert any force to knock it back!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did experiment with Gordo collisions the other day, and strangely, when I had Villager pocket a Gordo to use against another Gordo, the Gordo collision may result in the Gordos hurting Villager, instead of Dedede.

Basically, if you're a Villager user, be careful that if you Pocket a Gordo, that you don't try to start a Gordo collision bout, as it is a gamble that could end up hurting you, instead of helping you.

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
I did experiment with Gordo collisions the other day, and strangely, when I had Villager pocket a Gordo to use against another Gordo, the Gordo collision may result in the Gordos hurting Villager, instead of Dedede.

Basically, if you're a Villager user, be careful that if you Pocket a Gordo, that you don't try to start a Gordo collision bout, as it is a gamble that could end up hurting you, instead of helping you.
Personally I love it when Villagers pocket Gordo - it means they're going to put their Gordo reflection skills against mine, a battle I'll do any day.

But the double reflect of both Gordos isn't random. I get it all the time in DDDittos - it happens when the incoming Gordo hits a new Gordo while the new Gordo is being hit. Basically, whoever shoots last wins lol

In response to the OP, the most ridiculous Gordo reflect on D3's side is Dair. @Girthquake and I once devoted a solid chunk of lab time to nothing but lolz Dair reflect volleys. It was ridiculous.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Let me answer that question with a video (shameless self promotion hooo): https://youtu.be/ErV_-ruAmgQ?t=25s

I know the pain of Mecha-koopa reflects all too well though. A friend of mine mains Bowser Jr. and it's the single most annoying thing about the match-up, cause Bowser Jr. otherwise tends to struggle against Gordo when they're spaced well.

Top Bottom