• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the first Match you are doing in Ultimate ?

Nakamura

Smash Cadet
Personally im gonna go into offline vs mode and do Mario Dittos against a level 1 CPU with 1 stock on an omega stage and keep doing this until I unlock every character assuming the unlock mechanics are the same as in 4.

Donkey_Butter

Smash Rookie
Offline 2 minute free for alls with 3 lvl 9’s on random characters and random stages

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Personally im gonna go into offline vs mode and do Mario Dittos against a level 1 CPU with 1 stock on an omega stage and keep doing this until I unlock every character assuming the unlock mechanics are the same as in 4.
Probably my plan as well depending on what the starting roster is.

Meta_X

Smash Apprentice
Would be neat to start the game out with a match but I think I might have to go straight to training mode and grind out the mechanics and look for all the differences with my main

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
well given that there will only be 8 characters initially, I don't think the answer will be very exciting. I think I will be playing some kind of one player mode as pikachu.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I've always started off new Smash games playing as Mario and the going through the roster alternating between newcomer and veteran.

Since the starting roster will be SSB64's, I'll still start off with Mario but just play through the roster as I unlock characters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Original 8 are the starting roster right? Then I'll probably go test them all out a little. Especially DK, Link, Samus and Pikachu. That alone can keep me occupied a little, cause I like playing all those characters. Once I unlock Diddy, I'll try to master him as best as I can and try to gain matchup knowlegde, combos, set ups, frame date, approaches and all the like.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Probably a 5 player match

Me as Kirby

CPU as Mario, Link, Pikachu and Samus.

These 5 characters are the most important Smash characters imo

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
Ever since Brawl came out, I've made it a tradition to start a new Smash with a 4-player free for all on Battlefield.

Me as Link vs. Mario vs. Kirby vs. Pikachu
Basically recreating Brawl's reveal trailer.

Afterwards, I'll either do an 8-player smash with the original 8 characters, or play classic mode with Link.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I've said it in another thread already, but I'm looking to recreate the Smash 64 opening by playing :ultsamus: vs :ultdk: on whatever DK stage is unlocked at the start.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
First thing I'm going to do is whatever has been determined to be the first requirements to unlocking characters.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
My first match will be :ultyoshi: vs the Random button, probably set to level 5 or 6 so I can get used to the new mechanics and all, on any Yoshi stage, if any will be unlocked at the start. Probably as the default Time match too, as while I do prefer Stock matches, having a first-game Time Match will just feel a bit more authentic for some reason.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Probably a 5 player match

Me as Kirby

CPU as Mario, Link, Pikachu and Samus.

These 5 characters are the most important Smash characters imo
Samus was definitely not one of the bigger names in Smash Bros. back when it first released. Donkey Kong and Yoshi are easily far more known, and popular.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Samus was definitely not one of the bigger names in Smash Bros. back when it first released. Donkey Kong and Yoshi are easily far more known, and popular.
OK and...?

Important doesn't necessarily mean biggest. Luigi is probably a bigger name than all of then sans Pikachu and maybe Link.

These 5 to me, are like founding members. The main heroes. The characters who always have to be there when the game announces. Who stand tall as heroes. Metroid helped establish a brand new genre and Kirby has just continued to grow and grow and helped lay out the groundwork for Smash.

Yeah Donkey Kong and Yoshi may sell more, but to me, they're just part of Mario. That's how I was introduced to them, that's how I've always known them. While Samus and Kirby stand tall in their own right.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
We’re all gonna start with the 8 or 12 original characters. Lol.

So I’m probably going to try to unlock my favorite veterans and wanted newcomers if they get in first and play some dream match ups.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Just going to say that in both Brawl and Smash 4 the fastest way to grind match count was with special smash. Set HP as low as you can and flower mode. In Brawl you had to set HP to like 10 and land a single hit per match; in 4 you could set each player to different HP with the handicap settings and just watch the AI die without you touching the controller in like 1 second. I'll probably start out with a multiplayer session with a friend that night with even a tiny roster just to enjoy the game itself and then will hit the single player playing for normal completion, but if just grinding is your preference, might as well focus on what was optimal in the past.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not sure. I'm thinking about Kirby vs Samus.

No real reason.

Although when I was young, I use to RP while playing Smash 64 and Samus copied Kirby was his own character

Top Bottom