• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the best way to get coins for coin launcher

1crazyboy7

Smash Rookie
I neeed to know. People complain about too much, While im here with about 200 coins a day, lmao(except for when I beat sse)

BOTA

Smash Apprentice
thast weird cause on about the 3rd day i had the game i had 7500 coins and then within a week i had 9999 so i dont see what your problem is :p

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I neeed to know. People complain about too much, While im here with about 200 coins a day, lmao(except for when I beat sse)
I have been wondering about this as well.

Let me start with what I know:

I get a fair amount of coins (maybe 10 a minute) from farming my Sticker factory. I play in Special Melee with lightning mode and high gravity, so the important take-away is that you still get coins from special melees.

What I don't know is if coins from brawl matches are based on how many attacks there are, how strong they are, or how far they knock your opponent.

Since I got the game, I've used just over 16,000 coins in the launcher -- so a fast coin earning method would be great.

Zyphent

Smash Apprentice
I work on my achievements, and get them that way, some Like Beat Classic mode with every character and boss battles with every character really pile up after a while.

Also I get lucky in spectators matches, heh.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
The first week or so, I had people constantly in my dorm playing and I always had max coins. Now that I'm at home, it is usually just me playing and I'm down to around 5K in coins now. But I've only been focusing on the challenges right now.

XxLunar_KnightxX

Smash Rookie
I have been wondering about this as well.

Let me start with what I know:

I get a fair amount of coins (maybe 10 a minute) from farming my Sticker factory. I play in Special Melee with lightning mode and high gravity, so the important take-away is that you still get coins from special melees.

What I don't know is if coins from brawl matches are based on how many attacks there are, how strong they are, or how far they knock your opponent.

Since I got the game, I've used just over 16,000 coins in the launcher -- so a fast coin earning method would be great.
holy cow. that sticker/CD factory is incredible. XD now i really feel like a n00b. do you know any tricks like that for trophies?

Sir_Psycho

Smash Apprentice
If you have some friends who like to play Smash Bros, just play a bunch of stock matches with them. It's fun, and you don't have to G-rig a controller or your Wii to do it. I had the game for 3 days and just playing with my friends and beating the game like twice with Sheik and Ike got me 4500 coins.

1crazyboy7

Smash Rookie
Tiers: uhh, I think you a little...off(ok a lot :p) 3/4 ko's = 1 coin, wtf? I play TIMED brawls and after like 5 minutes I get 45 coins. I get like 10 ko's ussually(guessing), so I think your off. Also, I have the cd factory thing(even though all i get is stickers even though i only have 192 songs...), I dont see how you get coins from that?

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
OK! Got it!

Coins are based on SMASHing the control stick or C-Stick apparently. I vaguely remember something like that in Melee. I set up a KO factory and neutral A killed 99 stocks on 3 characters and got 0 coins. I set up a 60 second match on Final Destination and did nothing but C-stick the air and run, and hit the opponent once in sudden death and got 13 coins.

Yeah, you're right about timed matches. The reason you're getting so many coins (and I was getting about 35 per 5 minutes when I actually fought) is because we're smashing the control stick, doing smash attacks, and using the C-stick.

The fact that I got 35 coins with actually fighting for 5 minutes compared to 13 for C-sticking the air for 1 minute is evidence when you multiply out. Just C-sticking for 5 minutes instead would yield 65 coins.

Edit 2:

I did a second test and got 12 coins for a 60 second time match by doing nothing but smashing the control stick and not attacking. The only time I attacked was in sudden death.

I did a control test where I didn't do anything for 60 seconds and finished the opponent off in sudden death without smashing the control stick or using a smash attack. I got no coins.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
How the deuce are you low on coins? I have to force myself to do Coin Launcher a lot because I find that I always have 9999. I can hardly even get rid of them fast enough because it always gives you **** coin bonuses.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
What I do is go to the Halberd Boss level with Duon on INTENSE mode. Kill it repeatedly for about 53-56 coins each time. Oh yeah, you can also earn about 5 stickers or a trophy each time you do this. It's worth the shot!

1crazyboy7

Smash Rookie
Im not too good at the game, so cant do the intense mode thing(bosses aon intense mode are pure evil!!) I can beat level 9's but thats the best I can do in the game ussually :p So the best way to get coins is smash like crazy in timed battles? I still dont get how people get so many coins and keep it up so high. And When I did beat sse I spent about 1000 coins continuing in all star mode intense :p

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I just used two Gamecube controllers and kept hitting down on the C-stick for 60 seconds in a timed match. I got 48 coins in one minute using only two characters instead of 4. Now, if you have 4 wavebirds and could synch them all to one, you could earn over 100 coins per minute if you chose a character with a quick smash attack that doesn't move them out of place!

Now, a better question is this: can you automate a smash attack in any way? I know you can't repeatedly do smash attacks just by holding the C-stick. Holding the control stick or C-Stick in one direction for a whole match after a smash does not give coins. You can't assign a smash attack to a regular button (so no turbo controller help). I'm not seeing a way to automate this within the game itself, but I may resort to desperate measures with rubber bands and a home-rigged device as I don't have 4 Wavebird receptors.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
OK! Got it!

Coins are based on SMASHing the control stick or C-Stick apparently. I vaguely remember something like that in Melee. I set up a KO factory and neutral A killed 99 stocks on 3 characters and got 0 coins. I set up a 60 second match on Final Destination and did nothing but C-stick the air and run, and hit the opponent once in sudden death and got 13 coins.

Yeah, you're right about timed matches. The reason you're getting so many coins (and I was getting about 35 per 5 minutes when I actually fought) is because we're smashing the control stick, doing smash attacks, and using the C-stick.

The fact that I got 35 coins with actually fighting for 5 minutes compared to 13 for C-sticking the air for 1 minute is evidence when you multiply out. Just C-sticking for 5 minutes instead would yield 65 coins.

Edit 2:

I did a second test and got 12 coins for a 60 second time match by doing nothing but smashing the control stick and not attacking. The only time I attacked was in sudden death.

I did a control test where I didn't do anything for 60 seconds and finished the opponent off in sudden death without smashing the control stick or using a smash attack. I got no coins.
Well it's not ONLY smashes that get coins, because I'm just down-tilting for my factory where I get a coin every 6 seconds..

Save the Asians

Smash Cadet
We all really want to get coins that bad? Heh, I usually just play some party games and the coins stack up pretty fast. Didn't know about any sticker or cd farm thing though. I'll probably check that out now =).

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
Well it's not ONLY smashes that get coins, because I'm just down-tilting for my factory where I get a coin every 6 seconds..
I'm thinking you get a BONUS for multiple players in a match. Consider that I went from 13 coins for one character for 60 seconds to 48 coins for two characters (24 coins each instead of 13). Sakurai says on the Coin Launcher page, "When you want even more coins, inviting friends over is your best option. The more people you play with, the more coins you’ll earn." Now, I've done the CD Factory with Yoshi's down tilt with only one Yoshi, and I don't get coins. I do it with Bowser's neutral A, and I don't get coins. But you're doing it with multiple characters attacking, and you get coins.

I'm thinking it's a bonus for multiple characters taking action in a brawl.

1crazyboy7

Smash Rookie
Wait, u still get coins if you dont attack the charater, just c-stick the air? And yeah, we need to think of ways to automate c-sticking...uhhhh pay ur sister say.....5 doller per 9,999 coins(jk :p). What do you mean by home-rigged device? What would you make?

Rash

Smash Ace
There's no real need to find a "best way." Just do everything that the game has to offer and the coins will just start piling up over time. Hell, just clearing Classic a couple of times and getting through half of Subspace will earn you a fortune.

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
Actually, phanna, I have no idea what's causing you to get so many coins in your factory. I did a single character factory for 60 seconds with Yoshi that yielded no coins. I did a two character factory with two Yoshis that yielded no coins. I did a three character factory that yielded no coins.

Something's up with your factory, but I can't reproduce it. The only thing I see you doing differently than me is synchronized input and a different factory layout. Everything else appears to be the same.

Something you could test for me though: Could you take 4 characters like Fox, and C-stick a down smash for a 1 minute timed match and tell me how many coins you ended up with for that match?

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean by home-rigged device? What would you make?
Success! Home-made automated coin gathering device.

Don't try this at home disclaimer; if you do any of this crap and burn your house down, it's your responsibility, not mine.

What I used was an electric back massager, but any vibrating device should work. Go into the custom controls menu and choose to create a profile for the Wii Remote and Nunchuck. Make it so shaking the Wiimote does a smash attack. I placed the massager inside a bed comforter with the Wiimote on top, nestled in place with a hardback book. What will happen is the vibration will trigger a shake of the Wiimote and the comforter (or pillow, towel, or whatever) will damper the contact with the machine, making it safe for the Wiimote. It seems most sensitive on its side, not the top or bottom where buttons are aligned.

This potentially has a fire hazard if left in place too long because the friction creates heat, so I've been moving it about every 10 minutes. I'll probably think of something better than this tomorrow. But, I did this for about a half hour (changing the location of the massager and Wiimote twice) and it gave me 2000 coins. Not bad, but I'd like a completely safe way of automating the process (preferably in-game rather than out-of-game) that I can not have to watch over.

What's best is to do a 1-stock match and make a custom stage with a falling block and trap the smasher in an area where he can't escape. Let him smash while you're afk, and then kill the other player who's not in there when you're done.

I'm open to suggestions for better methods of automating the process.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
TiersAreReal, are you in normal Brawl, or special Brawl? Are Sandbags on HIGH? Maybe collecting stickers/CD's gives coins, or perhaps smashing a sandbag gives coins.

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
I did the exact same thing an hour ago that phanna said. I recreated the deluxe factory, used 4 Yoshis, special brawl, lightning, high gravity, sandbags, high items. The best I could do was control 2 Yoshis and have a turbo controller control the third. After 5 minutes, I finished the match and ended up with 3 coins. I also tried it controlling 4 Yoshis (although that is very awkward to do) which yielded the same results. I've also done it on normal Brawl, and I can't get any more coins that way either.

Smashing a sandbag is irrelevant as smashing period gives coins. phanna is only doing down tilts anyway. The only thing I can think of is phanna is synchronized whereas I'm not, but that shouldn't affect anything. Outside of that, I can't think of anything else as our variables are the same as far as I know.

Capt. Oli

Smash Cadet
Okay, I just used two Gamecube controllers and kept hitting down on the C-stick for 60 seconds in a timed match. I got 48 coins in one minute using only two characters instead of 4. Now, if you have 4 wavebirds and could synch them all to one, you could earn over 100 coins per minute if you chose a character with a quick smash attack that doesn't move them out of place!

Now, a better question is this: can you automate a smash attack in any way? I know you can't repeatedly do smash attacks just by holding the C-stick. Holding the control stick or C-Stick in one direction for a whole match after a smash does not give coins. You can't assign a smash attack to a regular button (so no turbo controller help). I'm not seeing a way to automate this within the game itself, but I may resort to desperate measures with rubber bands and a home-rigged device as I don't have 4 Wavebird receptors.
I think this would work: turn off the wavebird and tilt the c-stick in a direction. When you turn it back on, it would think that is the neutral position. Then let go, and it will constantly smash in the opposite direction that you tilted it.
(Maybe this only works with a control stick, but I don't feel like testing it right now.)

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I think I overestimated my coin return from farming stickers before, but I just finished up 3 hours of sticker farming. I had 262 coins beforehand, and 452 coins afterwards. So in 180 minutes, I got 190 coins. All I was doing was dtilt spamming sandbags with 4 yoshi's (separate). Sadly, my unique sticker count remained at 696 :urg:

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that playing coin matches count for your coin total.

Basically, the best way is to play Subspace Emissary and play Classic Mode and All-Star Mode together. If you manage to complete all of them in Easy, you should get around 7k+ coins.

And nice video on the Sticker Factory, if only if I can get another Wii remote.

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
I think this would work: turn off the wavebird and tilt the c-stick in a direction. When you turn it back on, it would think that is the neutral position. Then let go, and it will constantly smash in the opposite direction that you tilted it.
(Maybe this only works with a control stick, but I don't feel like testing it right now.)
That doesn't work because the C-stick has to be flung in a direction and return to a neutral position before working again. It doesn't matter how you alter that neutral position because it has to return there.

But what I think I'm going to do is rig a Wiimote up securely to a Bumble Ball to where it can't do anything but bounce a few inches vertically. That'd be, I think, the greatest way to unattended coin collect without hazard. I got 2000 coins in a half hour the previous way, so that'd be pretty fast altogether.

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
I think I overestimated my coin return from farming stickers before, but I just finished up 3 hours of sticker farming. I had 262 coins beforehand, and 452 coins afterwards. So in 180 minutes, I got 190 coins. All I was doing was dtilt spamming sandbags with 4 yoshi's (separate). Sadly, my unique sticker count remained at 696 :urg:
Yeah, that confirms what I had been seeing. Just vibrating the Wiimote as I was doing got 2000 coins in about 30 minutes. It's obviously very fast, but a pain. I'm at 688 stickers myself. :/

ZAxel

Smash Cadet
even going through classic mode on easy can give a good amount of coins. i can usually get around 20 coins just from shooting the credits

1crazyboy7

Smash Rookie
So I get how to get coins now. I can get like 200 coins per like 8 3 stocked games, so like 20 minutes, im guessing? So I get like 10 coins a min. I still dont get how people max out on coins, lol wtf? I wish I had something that vibrates :(

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
So I get how to get coins now. I can get like 200 coins per like 8 3 stocked games, so like 20 minutes, im guessing? So I get like 10 coins a min. I still dont get how people max out on coins, lol wtf? I wish I had something that vibrates :(
I ordered this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumble_ball

It'll arrive tomorrow or Friday. I should be able to fasten the Wiimote to it and prevent its movement enough to just get a slight vertical motion or general vibration which will make the Wiimote utilize smash attacks. There'll be no danger of a fire hazard this way. I'll test it out when it comes in Friday afternoon, but I'm expecting it'll work wonderfully; I estimate that you can go from 0 coins to 9999 in a little over 2 hours with a setup like this without having to play the game.

1crazyboy7

Smash Rookie
lmao, Ima have to get that. Now I just need to explain to my mom why iI need toddler toys...lol. Tell me how it works

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
Nowadays they're advertised as dog toys. Don't go out buying anything yet though. I'm going to test it out when it comes in tomorrow or Friday before I declare it being efficient.

EPOCHALYPSE

Smash Rookie
I joined JUST to post this. I am in the process of testing it now and it works beautifully. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Step 1: Find a box about the right size for your Wiimote. Not too big, not too small.
Step 2: Find something to wrap the Wiimote in, like bubble wrap (if you have it) or a t-shirt (if you don't)
Step 3: Set up the match, make sure you have Shake Smash set to ON, then wrap the Wiimote and Nunchuk up in the padding material and place it in the box.
Step 4: Duct tape the box shut and insert it into your dryer.
Step 5: Turn the dryer on (NO HEAT/TUMBLE DRY) for however long you'd like
Step 6: Enjoy as the character of your choice happily smashes away while you do nothing and rake in the coins!

This would only really work if your dryer is close enough to your Wiimote, however. Mine is in the next room, about 15-20 feet away and it works like a charm. Hope this helps anyone like me desperately needing more coins! Good luck!

Sorry that I dug this thread up from the grave just to post this, but I had to let someone know. It's just too awesome to keep to myself.

n88

Smash Lord
Super necro.
Although I do find the dryer thing hilarious. Regrettably, my dryer is too far away from my Wii.

Top Bottom