• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the best gamecube controller?

What is the best gamecube controller?

• Smash 4 version (whatever of Smash 4 version)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Smash 4 version (japanese white version)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Original Gamecube Controller (whatever)

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Original Gamecube Controller (specified in your post)

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Keizel

Smash Rookie
I was searching the best gamecube controller for play to Melee: I don't know what is the best.

Better gamecube controller genuine or Smash 4-gamecube controller?

I don't know what is the best, but the people I think that say that the best is japanese version White-Smash4, it is right?

Thank in advance.

Pauer

The Pauerful
Better gamecube controller genuine or Smash 4-gamecube controller?
The Smash 4 controllers are just as "genuine" as the other controllers you mentioned as they are all made by Nintendo. I would consider the Smash 4 and Japanese white controllers to be best for most players since they are from the most recent production cycle which feature the newest type of stick box design. They all have their advantages and disadvantages but imo you are best off getting one of those two, since you're more likely to get a used one in good condition, though you may of course find a good deal on a different kind.

I don't know what is the best, but the people I think that say that the best is japanese version White-Smash4, it is right?
To my knowledge, there are the Japanese white controllers without the Smash 4 logo and then there are Smash 4 controllers in white and black color which are both nearly identical. Whether you get a Smash 4 controller from Japan or from the US shouldn't make a difference.

Top Bottom