• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is sonic's finishing move?

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
I was playing my brother with sonic and i got him at 200% But he still wasn't dying and i was using every move he had and he still wasn't going off the screen and in the meantime he killed me 3 times in a row. WTF how does sonic ko his opponents?

Ionizer

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ionizer
My suggestion is to spam a weak attack to get your smash attacks back up from the Stale Moves downgrades.

Spife

Smash Master
Bair is pretty good and so is uair up-b chase uair (I've only used that against newbs though)

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I've been having luck with the Springboard chase.

Also you can't be afraid to chase them out. Once you bthrow or bair them off the stage chase them out and nail a homing attack. Works most of the time. Then you can Homing attack Spring back.

messiahfreak2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
messiahfreak2000
down smsah works for me at the moment along with forward smash. the forward air can kill as well if the opponent is near an edge (depending on the stage).

DroxSorcerer

Smash Cadet
Sonic doesn't have moves that guarantee a kill. Instead, when you have your opponent off the stage, follow and use a Fair or Bair. Both have decent knock-back, sometimes enough to kill an opponent lower percentages.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
F-smash, d-smash, b-air. At 200% depending on the stage a backthrow would have worked as well. If your opponent has a brain don't bother with u-air to chasing.

Srsly though, F-smash F-smash F-smash.

Also, if you are walking (not running) one direction and c-stick f-smash the other dirction it adds a LOT of extra range to the attack.

Soloman

Smash Apprentice
from my experiences playing as sonic, Sonics playstyle revolves around hit n run tactics, u have so much speed to get in and out before your opponent cant react at all. Sonics floatiness can easily help out aerial over profectile spams. Dash attack is one of the easiest ways to start your chain of attack especially if u do a dash attack and return with a spin dash back jump bump and use neutralair then finish off with a well timed homing attack.

Getting to the finisher, sonic has an extremely strong chase tech, if u master his dash jump and forward air that carries alot of momentum, u can keep pushin your oppoenent off the edge with ease and once at the ledge its extremely easy to gimp slow chars recover cuz homing will amlmost always hit them and guarantee their doom. Smaller chars like fox are too fast and homing attacks off stage will most likely end up in an sd. His down smash is easy to land as well and has like the 2nd to most knockback on his list (first being his fsmash which is very situational but xtremely effective), it has superb range and can be applied in many close combat situations. Setting up the target is very important as sonic, since his speed allows him to get a large range away from oppoent. his dash to uair range is alittle hard to master at first but once u get it it can start some nasty juggling.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Down air doesn't work as a killing move in any situation. And in general it's just a terrible move. The only time I've had success with it is when the enemy was below me and whiffed an attack/dodge or tried to charge a projectile. The start-up lag is just too much and the priority is just too low for it to be useful in most situations.

For killing, I find the forward smash is the only move in Sonic's arsenal that has knock-out power. If you're using down-smash to kill, chances are you're letting your opponent live too long. Everything essentially rests on knocking your opponent around a lot until they get off the stage and then interfering with his/her recovery.

As a side note, use his up-air when you can. It's range is greater than it appears and the priority is decent. The only problem is it's fairly easy to see coming if you don't set it up with something else first.

Soloman

Smash Apprentice
I second that with the jumper in tact if u get uair off and are near the top of screen bounce up quick and follow up wiht another one, its so fast the opponent barely has time to move out of th way if u time it correctly.

Sonics down air is decent, and should NEVER be used outside the arena/ring/playinfield unless u have alot of height to which the attack will have reset and u can move again and recover. The kick is nice to change your air control rapidly, if u make a mistake on a jump use it to come back down and reset quick.

Acidictadpole

Smash Cadet
Does sonic have a meteor?
I don't believe so, unless the Dair is a meteor if you connect off the stage, but that's a silly move on sonic's part since it's really hard to recover from it before you hit the bottom of the stage in most cases... Although I don't think that attack actually spikes/meteors, I'm just saying it's the only attack I haven't been able to tell if there's a major downward movement after getting hit with it.

Other than that, I really don't think so... The homing attack from above prevents upward movement if it hits, which is good for gimping if you time it after their airjump right.

Skeet11

Smash Cadet
Side smash would have to be his main ko move, unless you chase your opponent off the stage. Downsmash seems to have decent knock back at higher percentages too.

Proffian

Smash Rookie
stationary fsmash works well, but it seems dificult to pull off if they're good, its a slower attack but powerful....i usually just chase them off the map or edgeguard.

Top Bottom