• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is something that makes you really happy about Smash?

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I just posted a thread about character roasts so now I need something to restore my faith in Smash.
For me it’s the bits of dialogue :ultpit:, :ultpalutena:and Viridi say in the Palutena’s Temple stage. It’s really funny and gives actually pretty helpful advice.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Making epic sagas out of custom stages... yes, I'm weird like that.

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
The trailers are always cool, even if I don't support the character. As underwhelming as Isabelle's was for me personally, it was still pretty neat and what I'd expect.

All the music I'm going to go through.

The fact that 8 man smash with :ultmario::ultsonic::ultsnake::ultsimon::ultryu::ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultcloud: is a thing.

JadeRock 5599

Smash Cadet
Being able to bring my friends and family together for some nice old casual fun! Going to tournaments is fun too! Just love smash Bros. Best series in gaming by far.

IceeKnight

Smash Rookie
Hearing the wonderful music always puts a smile on my face.

Last edited:

ArcticKat

Smash Rookie
I like that the cucco is an item.
I love that chickens will just wander around the battlefield, and you can pick them up and throw them at opponents.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just the amount of work into it is what makes me love Smash Bros. Sakurai is working hard to make Ultimate what everyone wants. Sure, he does make mistakes *cough Bayo cough* but he really does try his hardest to hear and take heed to his fans and so that is what i like about the game :)

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Seeing some of my favorite characters together battling it out with each other especially on 8 player mode. I'm also a big fan of theme matches based on many ideas that I can think of with the roster.

D

Deleted member

Everything. Pretty much everything about Super Smash Bros make me happy.

SonicMario

Smash Master
So many things. But shout out for the most part to :ultsonic: still being around since nearly 11 years at this point (We're nearly at the 11th anniversary of his announcement in Brawl)

There's just something special about having your dream realized in Smash especially being a 3rd party character and still being around. Even to this day there's still that little part of me that's still so giddy that I can play as Sonic. the. freaking. Hedgehog. in my favorite video game franchise of all time Super Smash Bros. And I'll never, ever, get tired of it.

RIght now, I am kinda feeling a bit greedy in wanting more for Sonic this go around considering I want Tails. Who literally is the ONLY character in the entirety of video games that would make me more hype then Sonic himself did. But it's not like I need Tails to be happy, I already got Sonic. I'm not going to be unhappy just because I may not get 2 #1 dream inclusions from the same franchise happen in Smash in my lifetime. I have Sonic in Smash, and barring a huge falling out between Sega and Nintendo, a conscious decision to not include 3rd parties in a new entry, or worse Sega going full bankrupt and a company not willing to talk with Nintendo getting the rights to the IP should be here to stay.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
The whole deal is really special to me.

I was a Mario and Pokemon fanatic as a child, with almost every other Nintendo IP joining my growing list of obsessions after each Smash release. Games where all of my obsessions gather together like this don't happen that often and it's always executed amazingly. And it includes characters from all branches of Nintendo's history, as opposed to just the flagship stuff. To me, Smash Bros is absolutely a major event.

Also the fact that we've reached a point where it's not just Nintendo, but those characters that may as well be honorary Nintendo characters ( Snake and Cloud excluded ), I'll never forget the way I felt when Sonic was revealed for Smash Bros. The gamecube was an absolute Sonic machine for me in my highschool years, I practically played every game released up to that point on the Gamecube, so I felt like Sonic belonged with those Nintendo superstars. I feel similarly to Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Simon Belmont.

Speaking of, it makes my little nerd heart happy that all of the core Captain N team members are together in Smash Bros after all these years.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
  1. The prospect of pitting my Mii Fighters against eachother on Custom Stages to play out the fight scenes of my convoluted edgy fanfic.
  2. The Music.
  3. Successfully landing Meteor Smashes gives me a perverse glee.
Sure, he does make mistakes *cough Bayo cough*
I think you mean Corrin. :p
How did both of you spell "Tripping, Smash Tour, and Pre-Brawl Air Dodging" wrong?

Last edited:

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
The mere fact that our Planet Earth is over 4 billion years old and I managed to exist around the same time as Smash, a game in which you can have Cloud from Final Fantasy be pummeled by Sonic the Hedgehog while Super Mario and Megaman combo Bayonetta onto King Dedede while a game of Pong breaks out in the background. :D

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Good music and stages. Fun characters like Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Ness, Mario, Sheik, and Ike.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
King K.Rool finally being brought back after years. :ultkrool:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Just about everything to be honest. There are very few things I actively dislike about Smash (Namely :ultbayonetta:, :porttown:, :npc:)

I love the characters, I love the music, I love the stages, I love the menus (I know, weird), I love the gameplay, I love the fanservice.

But, more than any of those things including the games themselves, I love the pre-release hype cycle. It's easily my favorite part of Smash Bros. And I find that most people... don't really get that unless they're part of it. My cohort in my Let's Play channel super doesn't understand what I'm talking about with it, but I always feel like it's a several-month long Christmas Eve. Christmas itself is great and I love it, but the night before? With all the insomnia, anxiety, wondering, hoping, discussing, stage creating... It's easily the best part. I wish I could have been a part of it for Melee's and 64's, but I wasn't super internet savvy back then (I wanna say pre-Melee days were mostly Homestar Runner and Neopets for me online). But Brawl's dojo (in the Myspace Nintendo fan group), Smash 4/Ultimate on Smashboards? Those are some of my absolute favorite times in my life. When I saw the teaser for Ultimate, I got so excited. And while I'm really stoked for the game to come out, I'm simultaneously dreading it. Because aside from DLC, it'll basically be over.

I hope you guys at least understand what I mean here.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
That it brought a lonely and terrified 13 year old kid, who'd just moved from across country, three of the best friends he's ever had.

Friendships that nineteen years later have remained strong enough to let him and his group of friends play Smash Bros. once a month together at bare minimum.

Last edited:

Room100

Smash Apprentice
Really everything.

The music for Smash (along with Mario Kart 8) is, from a musician's standpoint, disgustingly incredible in both performance and production.

It's one of the earliest series I ever got into, Brawl was the first game I ever pre-ordered, and the amount of hours I've poured into Smash is surely insane.

Sakurai's absolute dedication, creativity, and desire to give fans a good game is admirable no matter what line of work you go into, and I'll fight anyone who gives him ****. This is a man every creator should aspire to be.

And just like other people said, it's been a perfect way to bring me and my friends together over the years in a way only Smash and Nintendo could.

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
But in all seriousness, what makes me really happy about Smash is that it has lead me to some of the best friends a guy could ever ask for. Smash may be about characters beating each other up, the very tense competitive scene and more, but to me, I look at Smash and regardless if an entry is considered to be the best of the worst, I just at it and smile because the desire to learn more about the game and talk about it with people has introduced me to some of the most incredible people I ever had the pleasure to call "best friend". The best part is that our connection has been so strong that it has transcended our mutual love of Smash into something deeper. So every friend I have in my life I have Smash to thank for. <3

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I love the smash hype, the chance to play with my fav character way to much good to write down

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I'm gonna go with seeing all these Nintendo characters together whether new or old battling out. No Smash character got me as hype as K.Rool but I'm not gonna lie and say Ridley, Isabelle, and Inklings didn't get my juices flowing as well. I love being able to have an 8 player battle with Duck Hunt, K.Rool, Ice Climbers, and Ridley go up against Inklings, Isabelle, Shulk, and whatever the new Gen 7 Pokemon will be. I like seeing the old clash with the new because IMO THAT's what Smash is about. Nintendo history coming together and celebrating it by beating the crap out of each other. lol

Which is why I hate "relevant" arguments SO much. I also hate when people ONLY want newer characters (that was my problem with Wii U/3DS roster felt too much like a marketing campaign) and I dislike when people ONLY want nostalgic picks. Smash can work wonders for both types of characters. It can be used to promote new titles and boost sales but it can also extend life to characters outside of Smash like Pit for instance and I GUARANTEE you K.Rool will NEVER miss another DK game moving forward which makes me happy because I'm getting a little sick of the constant change of enemies for the series since Jungle Beat. Feels like the DK series is having an identity crisis, leave that to K.Rool..lol

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
Probably a generic answer, but seeing all these amazing characters in one place makes me so happy. Also, the memories and fun times I have/have had with my friends and family with this series.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
The sheer number of stages in Ultimate. As someone who never owned 64, Melee or Wii U (only 3ds), many of the stages are completely new to me. Plus, with hazard toggle, many of them will be a lot more bearable. I may be alone in this, but '(nearly) every stage is here!' is a bigger deal for me than 'everyone is here!'.

D

Deleted member

Virtually everything about Smash exceeds my expectations but my #1 would be the following:
  • The decent selection of female characters. I certainly would not have a main to be loyal to in the whole series of Smash otherwise. This is not to say, though, that male characters are wallflowers. In fact, to be honest I did use :falconmelee: often in Melee way back when I first started playing.

Sayonara :kirby:

Top Bottom