• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is Marth's Gameplan at Different %'s?

Squanchy

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheSmithsAreDead
3DS FC
4656-8236-9363
Hey Marth mains. I was wondering what Marth looks for at different percents? For example, I know at very high percents (>150%, lower with rage) you just need a grab to kill with an Up Throw, but what are some of Marth's best options at low/medium/high percentages?

ShaunTheYoshi

Smash Rookie
Any nicely spaced smash attack tipped, can kill exceptionally early. Up airs are a great killer, or if you can it right down air spikes have killed me as low as 30%

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
At low percent you want Dthrow, Fthrow, Utilt, Dancing Blade, and edgeguard early kills (on certain characters).
At mid percent it depends on the character but DB, shield breaks, Dthrow, aerial strings, getting them offstage, and short hop Fair and Bair into missed tech Tipper Fsmash punishes are all good.
At high percent you want Tipper aerial kills, Tipper Ftilt, Uthrow, Dolphin Slash out of shield, certain Dancing Blade kill setups depending on character, Dtilt into tech-chase Usmash or DS, and to favor ledge traps over edgeguarding.
At every percent you want Jab 1.

*Your Rage will decide what counts as a low, mid, or high percent.

Squanchy

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheSmithsAreDead
3DS FC
4656-8236-9363
Thank you Vipermoon, that was exactly what I was looking for!

Top Bottom