• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament What is Charizard's Fastest Wake-Up Option Against Grab?

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
So if you are getting up after being knocked down, and the opponent is waiting for you to stand up, and you have a hard read on them and know that they're going to go for the grab, what is Charizard's fastest option against that? Is it his fastest normal (whatever that may be), or is it faster to go straight into high-stance and then punish the critical?

RadianB

Smash Journeyman
I normally just UP Y to get into the air, it helps avoid some counters too.

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
I think 2Y where he bites low is his fastest move that is safe on CA
That's what I thought, too, but iirc I tried it in tournament and I couldn't get it out fast enough. I think that regular Y may be his fastest attack, and it may be a little bit faster than 2Y.

RadianB

Smash Journeyman
That's what I thought, too, but iirc I tried it in tournament and I couldn't get it out fast enough. I think that regular Y may be his fastest attack, and it may be a little bit faster than 2Y.
Nah Charizard's fastest attack is that belly slam (6Y I think), it's the only move Charizard has that is fast enough to punish Lucario's Bone Rush. It's a great move in general especially next to the walls.

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Nah Charizard's fastest attack is that belly slam (6Y I think), it's the only move Charizard has that is fast enough to punish Lucario's Bone Rush. It's a great move in general especially next to the walls.
Interesting. I'll have to experiment with these more.

Top Bottom