• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is a good secondary for Gren?

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
In the earlier part of Ultimate I paired up Greninja and Mewtwo, but I have dropped M2 and want to pick up someone else that will carry some of Greninjas flaws. Any decent options for me?

Firox

Smash Master
I strongly recommend Wolf. His frame data and reflector can cover some of Gren's zoner MU's and his mix-up game can really throw your opponents if they've gotten too used to your Gren. He's just a solid character, though I do admit that his recovery is no-where near as good as Greninja's. I guess it really depends on which MU's you think are the hardest for Gren.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
If you're looking for a secondary to cover greninja's losing and iffy MU's then there's no better pick than Mario.

Considering that the least popular Greninja matchups are mostly:
:ultfox::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultsnake:

The only character that beats all of them is Mario. In addition he's really easy to play so it's not as much as burden to learn.

:150:

D

Deleted member

Good to hear some ideas I plan on using the character more myself along with Mario, Link, and King K. Rool.

So it's cool to hear any ideas people have.

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
What a coincidence, I had Mewtwo as a secondary as well. I've found that Chrom works well for me because I like him vs Fox and the Chu's. Of course, Mario is also a solid option as the people above have said.

D

Deleted member

Great ideas and characters all-around great to hear everyone’s options.

Nice ideas by all.

Have fun with the characters you use.

Top Bottom