• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what is a get off me attack that isn't easily punished

Tcansams

Smash Rookie
Having trouble against a really agressive cloud and it just seems like they throw out safe big hitboxes and tips to help me?

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
If they're landing on you, you can parry or USmash. You can also pivot up angled FTilt. If they are spacing perfectly, you can create some space and then use fire breath to tack on damage. Pivot FSmash is also an option.

If you are matching their APMs, you can attempt to BAir pre-emptively for a trade. Getting that trade makes most people think twice about mindlessly jumping at you.

Bowser does not have moves that are hard to punish per say, at least not when everyone is moving around. Against shields, maybe a spaced FAir, but almost anything can be whiff punished. You'll need reads if your reaction speed isn't too good.

Last edited:

Tcansams

Smash Rookie
Ok cool been tinkering with him and he seems like fun one more question though, What is safe on shields cause i usually do a grounded up b and they have very small shield and then try to shield break if the roll with a read, but its a 50/50 any thoughts?

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
Bowser doesn't really have anything safe on shield, especially vs faster characters. You can space FAir against shields and they won't be able to shield grab, though many characters could still jump OoS to punish you. If their shield is low, you can shield poke with DTilt, etc.

Top Bottom