• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What irritates you the most online in brawl?

Blacksharkey

Smash Rookie
So what does irritates you the most online?
Post it here,
I hate campers or people with kirby who non-stop do the turn into a stone attackso you almost can't do anything...

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
Anyone's inflexibility in general.

But I'd have to be pretty anal to not have at least made some peace with that by now, so the only other thing really are the people in those that seem to be online exclusively just to waste other people's time. Anyone trolls I guess.

I'm not some serious only tourney guy or something. Playing with items revved all the way up is fine by me. Making the item selection particularly questionable like bombs only is actually ok by me most of the time. Being a little random is fine too. Anything really, even if someone fights in an extremely annoying manner...but is still fighting. But I didn't get this game or decide at times to pass some time by playing it just to watch some jerkoff amuse himself at others' expense by doing stuff like running away all day, or doing nothing but taunting. Yeah yeah fun fun, whatever it's boring. If someone else wants to do that it's their deal, but I'm quitting the moment I come across a fight where there's one or two of these people, or at most giving it a round. If I wanted to waste my time watching someone do nothing in amusing ways I'd go to youtube. Or actually do nothing and take a nap or something. I'm playing a video game to actually play it.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
People who attack me and my taunt BUDDEHS while taunt spamming. Like we'll be having this 3 player match of taunt spamming and fooling around and then some serious buisness loser comes in and keeps attacking us when it's obvious we don't want to fight (Because of input lag which ruins wifi). I also hate it when people attack players who aren't there just so they can win. I mean do you want to win THAT badly that you'll attack someone who's inactive? There's not even a leaderboard. I also hate all these noob Ike's who charge Forward Smashes from half way across the stage expecting you to run into it.

I mean come on, if you don't like taunt spammers just don't attack them. Leave the game or ignore us.

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
People who attack me and my taunt BUDDEHS while taunt spamming. Like we'll be having this 3 player match of taunt spamming and fooling around and then some serious buisness loser comes in and keeps attacking us when it's obvious we don't want to fight (Because of input lag which ruins wifi). I also hate it when people attack players who aren't there just so they can win. I mean do you want to win THAT badly that you'll attack someone who's inactive? There's not even a leaderboard. I also hate all these noob Ike's who charge Forward Smashes from half way across the stage expecting you to run into it.

I mean come on, if you don't like taunt spammers just don't attack them. Leave the game or ignore us.
You know I think that it's actually really fun when you have a team of 3 people, and then the odd one out won't stop attacking, because then you can own him 3 against 1!:chuckle:

But what I hate is how long it takes to get in match with someone and then for no reason at all Wifi disconnects you!:confused:

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
You know I think that it's actually really fun when you have a team of 3 people, and then the odd one out won't stop attacking, because then you can own him 3 against 1!:chuckle:

But what I hate is how long it takes to get in match with someone and then for no reason at all Wifi disconnects you!:confused:
Yeah, that's fun and it always happens. The person attacking usually ends up being horrible and they usually just get infinited or completely destroyed. I still don't find it as fun as a 4 person taunt party though.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
I hate the lag and how you barely have any control of the match, no stock matches wtf is that about.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
I also hate all these noob Ike's who charge Forward Smashes from half way across the stage expecting you to run into it.
rofl, That's me. "Come to my sword... you cannot resist."

When someone win a laggy match, and claim to be so much better than you.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. Especially when frame-lag cancels out your attacks.

British Geezer

Smash Cadet
The lag is SO terrible, it makes the game unplayable. This doesn't appear to be a common theme with Nintendo, as Mario Kart DS is fine online. This makes it even more frustrating, because a great series like Smash Bros. deserves a playable online service.

EDIT: Oh, and another thing that annoys me is that everybody wants to play as Ike. Why Ike? He isn't that great anyway.

bobson

Smash Lord
When people hit me while I'm trying to do a smash taunt on the other side of the stage.

stratele

Smash Apprentice
I got mario kart wii today. Was playing it online. And relised, "wow, brawl online actualy sucks" Cause mario kart online is awesome, no lag, and its done near to perfection. Why can't brawl be like that.

WHY!! :(

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
TOP DISSIPOINTMENTS IN BRAWLS ONLINE:

1 lag
2 no voice chat
3 no profiles
4 no leaderboards

nintendo, FIX THIS!!!! :ohwell::ohwell:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
When I do find a really good lagless group of players that I like, I disconnect from them.

Never having my choice of stage be picked.

AFK brawlers, especially in team battle.

Lag in general.

Ike and Kirby. EASILY the most two seen characters online for me.

As far as to what needs to be actually improved:

-Stock matches instead of time.
-Ranked ladder play and fun play, ladder play having no items.
-Custom stages online.
-Ability to invite somebody to your friends game when they're doing basic brawls.
-Regular Nintendo hosted online tournaments that give out wii points with thousands of participants, AFKers being booted.
-Ability to exchange friend codes with people you meet in basic brawl, and be able to see their name and taunts in basic brawl. Still the ability to turn it off for parents worried about non existant "online predators".
-Booting AFKers out of basic brawls

If all that was in, Brawl would be a vastly better game.

holysnap

Smash Cadet
I dont like how if you do a with anyone match it doesnt give you the option to be friends with that person. Like if you played some1 that was actually good or had a taunt party you can't add the person.

SwordmasterXXXI

Smash Journeyman
I dont like how if you do a with anyone match it doesnt give you the option to be friends with that person. Like if you played some1 that was actually good or had a taunt party you can't add the person.
This. Also, Lag, overused characters(Ike, Kirby, Lucas, Link), and Computers being there if no One joins. Sometime Items can be annoying, too.

Edit: I also hate it when people attack players who aren't there just so they can win. I just quit as soon as that happens.

Blacksharkey

Smash Rookie
I also hate that u can't make much difference in ur matches, or u can't just host a match.
I'd like that u could make a 1v1 match or with only 3 players...
SSBB online is cool but it could have been much better

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I forgot about the computers being added for nobody joining. I hate that, the one chance where I have a shot of one on one and computers are thrown in. If I wanted to play computers, I wouldn't be playing online.
i dont do free 4 all. i love 1v1 because its less distracting and fun to beat up a random online porson like u would a sandbag. but there is no 1v1 or 3 man brawl option. i have never played a random 1v1 brawl.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Spammers, disconnections and teammates that just stand idle and make the match 2 on 1, and you know they haven't left the controller to do something because they are always in the next match. So essential whoever is paired with them loses...

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
I forgot about the computers being added for nobody joining. I hate that, the one chance where I have a shot of one on one and computers are thrown in. If I wanted to play computers, I wouldn't be playing online.
This is exactly how I feel. I wonder if there is any way for Nintendo to change the way we play online, like editing brawl's online play so that it's more like Mario Kart's? Maybe a special channel, or Wiiware?

Waddle_Doo

Smash Cadet
I got mario kart wii today. Was playing it online. And relised, "wow, brawl online actualy sucks" Cause mario kart online is awesome, no lag, and its done near to perfection. Why can't brawl be like that.

WHY!! :(
Because Brawl is a fighting game. It takes so much data reading, the input has to be "okayed" by both consoles (sent back and forth) creating some lag, and Mario Kart Wii takes out some stuff to make it loads faster (ie: Not showing other player's bananas and such). Unfortunate, really. Oh, and to add to the rant, I wish thar were leadboards too. :(

Duality

Smash Journeyman
No 1v1's, no stock, lag, and Meta Knights.

No mics too but I can let that slide. I'd rather not talk than hear annoying *** kids.

It would be nice if we could message people on our friends list too..

Meccs

@Meccs_
Edit: I also hate it when people attack players who aren't there just so they can win. I just quit as soon as that happens.
this, but I usually go guard the person who isn't playing, or lave em alone.

The thing that annoys me the most is that you can't invite people to join your session, also that you can't add people on w/anyone.

Why no stock battles? Stock beats time by a mile...

They can also be fun (if they're terrible) but that one person in a match who just won't do a taunt party. If you're not gonna taunt party, just leave. Though when they try to attack and get the crap beaten out of them it's funny.

Roihu

Smash Ace
I can never get into a Brawl match "With Anyone".
It takes a ****load of time and maybe once every 10 or so times I can brawl with other people. And it disconnects me a lot, too.
That' really my only complaint for now. Also, how would they do leaderboards?

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if there is anyway nintendo could make a better online for brawl? Maybe a special update, or a online brawl channel, Wiiware or something... I wonder if that's even possible...

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
The thing that irritates me the most online in brawl is the online in brawl.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
Yeah guys who just go afk for huge amounts of time in Basic Brawl are pretty high up there too. I know everyone may have to go afk once in a while, but for 10-20 minutes at a time if not longer? It may be a completely anonymous and guilt free mode but that doesn't make it any less of a d-bag thing to do. It's taking up a space a person who's actually there could possibly use, it's beyond inconsiderate.

Some of them I bet probably do it on purpose.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
The fact that I lost to a Pikachu that abused ^B, and Dsmash. I get button lag alot and I always ran into the thunder because of it.

Top Bottom