• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What inspired you to main Rosalina?

D

Deleted member

I figured I would be assertive and make this thread since there is no similar thread on these sub-forums. I want to hear from y'all why you main :ultrosalina:. For me, it all started on a cold, rainy night early 2017 when I was playing Smash 4, where different characters tried to triumph over a team of pink, blue, and green :rosalina:. Her fighting style is not that much different from :icsmelee:, who is my secondary in Melee and Brawl. So yeah, just like my girl :4peach:, Rosa has this extreme level of execution that I am eager to master. I know she had been nerfed for the most part yet been buffed recently but it will not stop me.

My only frivolous reason is that I picked up a Japanese import of the :rosalina: amiibo, which cemented my love for her. I did hear about that one guy who bought 100s of these, but I thank my Lord and savior that more of these were produced so I could buy one.

Anyways, the low ease-of-use is my top reason for maining the cosmic protector. Sa...let me hear your reasons for maining the galaxy goddess. :kirby:

Actaea

Smash Rookie
I chose to main Rosalina and Luma because she has a lot of great memories for me as a character. When I was younger, myself, my brother and my sister would watch our mum play Super Mario Galaxy because it was too difficult for us. I just have such great memories of cheering her on when she played and fought the bosses. With Rosalina being the staple character from that series, how could I not play her?! I also really enjoy the way she plays mechanically, having Luma as an extension of her kit is so cool to me and I love her aerial game and ability to juggle really well. If I could change one thing, I would bring back old SSB4 Luma jab but it's fine either way. I was and still am so happy that they found their way into Smash, I love her!

GreatKnightEcho

Smash Rookie
I'm not quite to the point of maining her, but I do want to practice and get better with her. Zero attachment to her as a character, but her base moveset combined with Luma makes her irresistible. TL;DR, I wanna piss people off with her. Plus I don't see a lot of people playing her, which would make playing her feel all the more unique.

Lorisaur

Smash Cadet
I started playing her in smash 4. It was my first smash game and I knew nothing about it, but after trying few characters I found Rosalina extremely rewarding and able to olay defensively, as I really like. I used to Main her and use Samus as a secondary. In this game I had to try other stuff, mainly Dark Samus, Ridley, Lucina, Inkling, Palutena... but I still main her, she is my love and yes I love Mario Galaxy too. Hope she gets buffed, but I'm fine

TheSeelGoesMeow

Smash Rookie
Originally it was annoying ness and Lucas mains and then I swept in a random game with rosa and now I know she is a snake counter she is my go to

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice
I just really liked super mario galaxy so I was inclined to try her out back when smash 4 first released, and she was more fun than any other character I tried on day 1. And she was fun through and through. She got nerfed a bunch in smash 4 but they never really changed her tools in the sense of how they were used, mostly just how effective they were, so I ended up maining her from start to finish. I'm no character loyalist or anything though, so I don't really use her seriously in this game, just for funsies or when I play against friends who aren't really into competitive play.

EGsmash

Smash Apprentice
I was a Ness main forever but in Smash 4 I went up against more than a few Rosalumas that could take me to the cleaners, and I figured by playing as the characters I had the most trouble against I would get a better understanding how to counter them. I had already been playing :ultrob: for the same reason and somehow gyro play meshed well with Luma control for me.

Top Bottom