• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What inspired you to main Peach/Daisy?

D

Deleted member

This is my ever first thread I have ever made. Since I could not find any similar thread (and the social here just got quiet), I found it fitting to make this thread to ask a simple question: what inspired you to main my girls :ultpeach::ultdaisy:? Sa, my story is like this. My love for :ultpeach: began in 2004, but a year afterwards I got Melee as a gift on my 44th birthday. It only took a few months at the time before she stuck with me. But when Brawl came out, I started looking into the advanced tech that Melee offered, and :peachmelee: does have quite a high level of execution. Now, even though I never played competitively I like a good challenge in mastering my girl. When we were all hyped for Ultimate, :ultdaisy: was an unexpected addition so that made me happy. So hell yes, I will be maining Daisy alongside Peach as well as :ultbayonetta1::ultrosalina:.

More frivolous reasons include: I tend to play as her and Daisy in Mario Kart/Mario Party; the :4peach: amiibo was the very first amiibo I owned before owning Smash 4; and I received the Super Mario amiibo of both :ultpeach::ultdaisy: this past Christmas.

Okay, over to y'all...what inspired y'all to main the Super Mario princess(es)? :kirby:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Peach was actually the reason I got into Smash Bros in the first place. When I was a kid and saw Peach in Melee at a friend's house I was exctatic to see more games where I could play as my favourite character and honestly not much has changed.

Phatty

Smash Cadet
I don't really main Daisy she's more of a secondary but I hope I can still contribute to this thread -_-'

I really liked peach in Melee and she was my second best character. Most of my friends thought that she was trash but I always thought that she was one of the better characters. Brawl Peach was a total disappointment and I played her mostly out of character loyalty. When I first got Smash4 I was disappointed that she wasn't closer to Melee Peach but Smash4 Peach grew on me over time. For whatever reason, my brother can't stand my Peach and he tends to lose to her, though tbh we go back and forth a lot. He seems to fall for her Fair every time I use it.

When I played Mario Kart Wii I fell in love with Daisy. Not just because she was the second best character in that game (though that was nice as well) it was mostly how expressive the character is. I read a bio on her voice actor and she said that she has a lot of fun when she does Daisy. She puts her whole body into every sound clip and it really comes through in her voice (especially in Mario Kart Wii). TBH I think Daisy and most of the other new Echos are extremely redundant since they're all pretty much identical to their originals, but I'm still glad Daisy is in the game. She brings a smile to my face every time I play as her.

Johhny_C_Bad

Smash Rookie
I was playing Brawl back in like 2010 with friends and I loved her forward air, and that's pretty much it lol. Been a Peach main in every Smash game since then.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
I had been following Peach's development during Sm4sh as I believed that she had a lot of untapped potential. If Sm4sh had lasted longer, she would likely be at the forefront of a new A tier. Fastforward to Ultimate, where the nerf of shield out of run made the insurgence of projectile characters imminent in my eyes. Daisy/Peach has historically been strong against projectiles, with float prohibiting projectiles from truly putting you into disadvantage. I also wanted to play a more technical character, since I had played Ness in 4. You might say I had a few goose eggs on my head from that skill ceiling... After a few weeks of researching and practicing the character, I started playing her in my meta.

Top Bottom