• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What inspired you to main Bayonetta?

D

Deleted member

Basically what the title asks. My girl :ultbayonetta1: appears to not have a thread on this, and the social is a bit too quiet to ask there.

Here is my story: it began when I pre-ordered a :4bayonetta2: amiibo (not :4bayonetta, mind you). I received it just a couple days before I joined SmashBoards. That same day, I watched plenty of archived Smash 4 :4bayonetta2: footage. The Witch Time, her pre-1.1.6 craziness, her stellar damage-racking ability and tournament results to date were the things that inspired me to pick her up and learn her. I do not know how to quantify her level of execution, but it cannot be that low. Now that Ultimate is out, I will once again main Bayo alongside my other girls :ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina:. In fact, unlocking these four will be my first order of business when I buy the game. Now, I know she had been nerfed nastily but that will not deter me. Makes it all the more satisfying when I win matches as her.

Sa...that is my story. Now it is time to hear what inspired you to main the Umbra Witch. :kirby:

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
I main her because of the ridiculous amount of time I've put into her games. I'm still trying to get a Pure Platinum on Hard in Bayo 1. Not interested in doing that for Bayo 2, though.

I feel like her character in Ultimate doesn't really reflect her personality and gameplay. But I do love her win screen animations, those make it all worth it.

Bayo13

Smash Rookie
New smash player no smash experience prior to ultimate. Then I saw that video that Zero uploaded of CapZack where Zero got taken out from spawn platform to death without having a moment to recover. Looks damn cool, thought it would be a fun goal to strive for. Definitely is, hitting straight combos is very satisfying, and I don't believe anybody else in the game have a combo potential on the same level.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I've wanted Bayonetta in Smash ever since I played her games on the Wii U, though I never had high hopes. That said, I was shocked and gratified when she was revealed. I had a very hard time choosing a secondary main after Robin, as nobody else felt natural to me. But when I tried Bayonetta, I knew right away that I had found mine secondary. Due to the haters, to be completely honest I didn't expect her to return in Ultimate--but Sakurai once again shocked me by including every past fighter.

Despite mine loyalty to her, I DO agree that she needed to be nerfed, but not to the extreme degree that she was. Instead of tweaking her combo game so that it wouldn't kill nearly as early, they just did away with it all together. They clearly did that to please all the whiners. Even then, though, I still used her. Salem and Captain Zack have been huge inspirations for me. In online mode, I've been taunted the hell out of for using Bayonetta--but unlike most gamers, I'm not easily provoked. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed mopping the floor with the many baseless haters I encountered.

I really miss playing as Bayonetta in Smash Ultimate. I stopped playing Ultimate for the exact same reasons I stopped playing Smash 4; I got fed up with the input lag online. Even cancelled mine subscription. That said, I really wish Nintendo would make a stronger online mode. Until then, I doubt I'll ever pick up the game again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom