• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if they brought back stickers from Brawl?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Hypothetical question, since we may be getting a story mode back. Also it seems like they wanted to have lots of things to collect in this game.

How would you feel if they did?

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I wasn't really a fan of the stickers as power ups. I feel like characters in story mode should just function normally.

I was a fan of the idea of stickers as collectible static artwork though, I just don't like how it was implemented in Brawl, as a collage of images that you couldn't zoom in on. Would have rather it just be high resolution images you could look through one at a time.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Hypothetical question, since we may be getting a story mode back. Also it seems like they wanted to have lots of things to collect in this game.

How would you feel if they did?
That would be sweet. I loved the stickers.

D

Deleted member

Wasnt my favorite feature in the game. But for nostalgia sake, and honestly they were fun, I wouldn't be mad if they were brought back.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I played with items on back in Smash Brawl. I had no idea what the competitive scene was back in the day. I honestly kind of loved collecting them for the sake of collecting them, and I would love for them to.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Meh, I never got into customizing characters and trophies are good enough for me.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I wouldn’t mind it, cause I like collectibles in general when it comes to games.

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
I like stickers but collecting them all is a pain.
I still don't have every stickers from that game.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Can we get them back, but, and just here me out.

We are able to use stickers to make custom backgrounds for our custom stages, heck, why not give us the ability to put them on blocks to really personalize the custom stages we fight in. That should give more of a reason for their inclusion.

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
As long as they have a purpose to be there. Sure. Maybe you can use it to decorate your switch menu like Badge Arcade.

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind them but maybe have a better chance of getting ones you don't have. Took my and my brother years to get the last sticker we needed, lol
The sticker was Hector... haven't been able to get Hector in Fire Emblem Heroes either though so maybe it's just him XD

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
While I personally don't think Stickers should return, I'd love it if they had some sort of artwork gallery as a replacement. I really love concept designs and artwork in general because seeing characters interact with each other in different scenarios is amusing to me. I wouldn't mind if they were simple doodles or fully-colored drawings, I can appreciate just about any form of artwork.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I think stickers need to come back, there’s just so much potential now.

I already said this, but why not use them for more Stage Builder customization. Having custom backgrounds instead of the dull ones we usually get would be awesome, maybe give us the ability to lay them over blocks a la Little Big Planet style.

Also, we now have Mii Fighters, why not give us the ability to use stickers as a tool to make custom shirts. If I want a Sanic shirt like I have in Forces, I want to be able to make one gosh darn it.

They could also reclaim their thrown from the boring equipment, enhancing speed, strength, and defense in Story Mode.

There’s also so much potential outside of those: customizing pictures, making online profile pics, maybe attach them to your name, etc.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

I already said this, but why not use them for more Stage Builder customization. Having custom backgrounds instead of the dull ones we usually get would be awesome, maybe give us the ability to lay them over blocks a la Little Big Planet style.

Also, we now have Mii Fighters, why not give us the ability to use stickers as a tool to make custom shirts. If I want a Sanic shirt like I have in Forces, I want to be able to make one gosh darn it.

They could also reclaim their thrown from the boring equipment, enhancing speed, strength, and defense in Story Mode.

There’s also so much potential outside of those: customizing pictures, making online profile pics, maybe attach them to your name, etc.
To be fair the functions you mentioned are about the only reason I'd want stickers to return. If they're the same function as Brawl, I'll only collect them during matches and not do a thing with them.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher

These are amazing ways to utilize stickers, especially the Stage Builder idea. I already liked the idea of them returning, but I'd definitely love it even more if they implemented them this way.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
These are amazing ways to utilize stickers, especially the Stage Builder idea. I already liked the idea of them returning, but I'd definitely love it even more if they implemented them this way.
Yeah, we definitely need more ways to utilize stickers, plus Stage Builder definitely needs more options as it has lacked them since Brawl, and some how did worse in Smash 4.

Sen-Anima

Smash Rookie
While I like the concept of stickers (in that it cameos characters without trophies), it was a real pain collecting them, much like Mii outfits/Custom moves in Smash 3DS. That "collect all the stickers" challenge is the only challenge in Brawl that I gave up on.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
My reaction would be:................................ Oh yeah, these things from Brawl......................... Why the f**** did these return again?
Yeah to be honest with you, I forgot stickers existed before I saw this post.
To be honest with you I'd be more stocked to see Custom Moves to return. At least I can use them in Local Matches and not just the Story mode.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
They really served no purpose outside of an odd upgrade mechanic in the SSE and paled in comparison to trophies given many of them were small images that held little info about them, whereas trophies are generally high quality models with lengthy descriptions detailing plenty of info and trivia about the characters or objects they come with. I never really thought they were interesting or much to look at it.

If they returned, they'd need to give them more purposes, like some of the ideas other users here have suggested. If they were just gonna be a very long collection of tiny pieces of video game artwork again, then they might as well not bring them back at all.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't really a fan of the stickers as power ups. I feel like characters in story mode should just function normally.

I was a fan of the idea of stickers as collectible static artwork though, I just don't like how it was implemented in Brawl, as a collage of images that you couldn't zoom in on. Would have rather it just be high resolution images you could look through one at a time.
This exactly. I never cared for their effects, but as collectables they were a lot of fun. I'd be happy if they came back.

D

Deleted member

Still better than the same thing, but in Sticker Stars.

Top Bottom