• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if the smash roster was in a medieval fantasy novel

BigRedMonster07

Smash Cadet
This is a fun idea I cooked up when I was playing smash bros. The concept is that we take the smash roster and make up the backstories for them if they were in a LOTR style novel. I will start with the smash 64 roster then move along to melee, brawl, smash 4 and ultimate as time progresses

here is the 64 roster
:ultmario:and :ultdoc:: One of the main heroes of the mushroom kingdom, the central of the allied kingdoms (Mushroom, Hyrule and Altea). He is a knight-in-shining-armour stereotype, but is also adept as a battle medic.
:ultdk:: The leader of the DK crew, a gang of mercenaries who defend the local peoples around the Kong jungle from attack.
:ultlink:: Fills a similar niche to Mario, just in Hyrule instead of the Mushroom kingdom. Is quieter and harder than Mario and tends to edge away from the spotlight.
:ultsamus:and :ultzss:: A wandering knight. Not really allied with anyone, just helps those in need.
:ultyoshi:: A dragon, who has lived with the Mario bros all their life. Sided with Mario when the brothers fell out.
:ultkirby:: A fey creature who was cast our from his dimension for gluttony. Positively unaware about the threat he poses to this world.
:ultfox:: A dashing bounty hunter. Not much more I can say.
:ultpikachu:: a mighty beast who has yet to be tamed. Has kids though.
:ultluigi:: Was once a knight, but got jealous of his brother's popularity. He fought with his brother, but lost. Who knows where he lives now.
:ultfalcon:: A cocky gladiator. Has been accused of cheating several times but is so popular and charming that he will never be found guilty.
:ultness:: A sorcerer. Is looking for a job but is so annoying that no one will hire him.
:ultjigglypuff:: Another fey being, similar to Kirby. Was also exiled to this realm, but only because no one liked her music
Did you find these appropriate? What ideas do you have for other people. Please tell me.

Another Player

Smash Apprentice
"It depends on the author's creativity and the reader's ability to suspend disbelief."

I'm sure I can write a good story on the matter. Though I'd have to dumb it down for kids. If I appealed to adults and/or the more competent reader I can create complex situations.

Seeing Yoshi or any Nintendo character in a Western Novel or Future Comedy is believable though not what the author intended. I'd prefer to get paid to think of my own possibilities then to help something existing. Choice of make believes.

Top Bottom