• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if the Cut characters were never cut?

DrPac

Smash Cadet
NNID
derek
3DS FC
2793-1053-1017
When did Sakurai consider RARE characters?
You know that Sakurai couldn't use 3rd party characters?

I got this out of smash bros wikia:

''Bowser, Mewtwo, and King Dedede were originally planned to be playable, being scrapped due to a lack of development time.[2] It is believed that Pit, Wario, Princess Peach, and Meowth were also considered at some point, though this has considerably less evidence.''

Toad and Mew weren't considered, it would be character overkill because there are already alot of Pokemon and Mario characters.

If your talking about James Bond, then there is a damn good reason why he never got in, for one, he's fourth party technically speaking, that already creates a huge problem, they would need multiple licenses, and due to the fact he drinks, kills people, and others, then I don't think he would make it in, (Smash Bros Melee is the game I'm referring to) also, they would need the actor from the movies, which will cost a lot more than other voice actors, and they would have to use the actor's face.

DrPac

Smash Cadet
NNID
derek
3DS FC
2793-1053-1017
Meowth would've been a great fighter like Link, since Link uses his Sword and Meowth uses his claws. His slash attacks would have a lot of potential

It was never said that Meowth was going to be a character, that's simply a rumor. As for Bowser and King Dedede almost getting in, that was confirmed true by Sakurai.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Just some Food For thought what if they were never cut? The Characters Cut Were:
Bowser
Peach
Wario
Dedede
Mew
Mewtwo
Toad
James Bond
Banjo and Kazooie
Ganondorf
Meowth
I'd Be down with Toad And Mew But James Bond? Eh I dunno Sure its the Rare Depiction of him but I dunno I'm not sure whether Nintendo would agree to a Character with a Gun Sure Snake had them but only explosives.
I'd be down with those additions.

TriffHR

Smash Apprentice
Well we didn't get no Banjo and Kazooie, but we did get Duck Hutn DOg with a Banjo&Kazooie-esque recolor. Nintendo knows what we want.

But hey, that's just a theory. A GAME THEOR-

Oh yeah, Meowth and Toad woulda been my mains.
Meowths final smash (if that wasn't cut too): Call in Team Rocket no fly around on the Hot air balloon with the Meowth head on it before it ends and the y blast of again *blink*

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
Ha...! If these characters were never cut, this smash game would be too expensive to sell, and there would have to be cut music, stages, sound fx, and items.

VillageofFitness

Smash Apprentice
Half of the characters we got (Ganondorf, Bowser, Mewtwo) in later installments

Some of the characters would just break the game even further (Mew, Meowth, Toad) by being crap or by being OP. They would also be taking up spaces from characters that would use them later (people would be demanded Meowth inclusion in the next games over new Pokemon for example)

Now that we've talked about the potential disasters, Banjo/Kazooie and James Bond would've been fantastic, as both would've been ranged, James especially, which would've made them both different breeds of character.

Edit: Also you have to wonder if Ganondorf would be a clone of Falcon. I would hope not.

Last edited:

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
Dedede would probably be mid tier if he was included in 64. He could be comboed due to his size, but he could have alot of range on his hammer to compensate, like in the other smash games

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
It's a shame we didn't get Bowser Peach Wario IMO.

Bowser would have sucked, but he's always fun to bust out vs your friends for the disrespect $. And the other way around too, he's so easy and fun to juggle for days ! (talking 'bout Melee) I'm curious what he would have been like in the 64 roster.

Peach I really like, the float cancells, the rare OP turnips, the d-smash grinder etc. I think she could have been pretty strong in 64 too. With great pressure, ez edgeguards, and surviving for dayz. Only her slower speed could make her combos not as good as the other top tiers maybe.

Wario is the one I regret the most, as a kid I always picked him in mario kart, mario party, mario tennis... I 've always thought he's hillarious, and I loved the warioland games on GB. Too bad he STILL wasn't in Melee either... at least we have PM (he's my favorite brawl character in PM).

James Bond ?? That could have been soo funny ! Sure, he'd seem a tad out of his element in 64, but he could be a swag character, kind of like snek. Just imagine the sound effects, his victory screen, wouldn't that be awsome, goldeneye JB showing how it's done. Well I guess you'd either love it or hate it, hard to be indifferent about.

Top Bottom