• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Stage Morph was in Competitive Smash

DuWuffle

Smash Rookie
What if stage morph was used in competitive smash in a way where it would shuffle between all the competitively viable stages. I feel like this would keep matches fresh and make it really fun. Since most, if not all the competitive stages aren't too different in scale from each other it wouldn't be too big. This probably will never happen though since it could be considered a hazard but I'm just curious if anyone thinks this would be cool.

watdahecc

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 6587 4097 2402
What if stage morph was used in competitive smash in a way where it would shuffle between all the competitively viable stages. I feel like this would keep matches fresh and make it really fun. Since most, if not all the competitive stages aren't too different in scale from each other it wouldn't be too big. This probably will never happen though since it could be considered a hazard but I'm just curious if anyone thinks this would be cool.
I do think it would be really cool, but it can't be legal since it's unpredictable and can disrupt gameplay.

Arthur97

Smash Master
It can be somewhat predictable if you set the timer and choose both stages. I have heard of lag though.

However, the big thing might be blast zone "jank" as it transforms. Maybe they're fixed, I don't know, but the blast zones seem kind of weird during that phase. Now, if you could set it to change after a certain amount of KO's instead so it happens while one of them is reviving, that might work.

Rᴀᴍᴇɴ

Smash Rookie
I think the problem with stage morph in competitive Smash is that the transforming could mess with how the blast zones would work since the transforming causes the floor to not be able to fall through. Also, players may see it as a hassle to deal with since you'll have to choose multiple stages to play on. That's just my opinion, though. Stage morph is a pretty neat idea.

Top Bottom