• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if smash bros became one of those arcade games?

Buuhan

Is mayonnaise an instrument?
I’m talking about games like Mario cart DX, an arcade game which has exclusive characters, cars, and maps with less characters and other things to simplify it.
If smash bros became an arcade game, what would it be called, what characters would it have, and what maps?

Mine characters would probably be:
Kirby
Mario
Samus
Ness
Joker
Cloud
Bowser
Bomberman
Inkling
Pacman
Megaman
Villager
Luigi
Pikachu
Greninja
Stretchman (that arms guy)
Shovel knight
Marth
Sandbag
Bandanawaddledee
Donkey kong
King K rool

5 stock

Four players

GameCube controllers connected to each machine

All items medium drop rate stage hazards on.

I had to make it a little hectic atleast.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This is actually a really interesting idea.

I'm not a huge fan (as much as I love arcades), because I prefer newer games to add something to the experience that I cannot get at home.
For Smash, it would only take away from Sakurai working on the more popular version, Ultimate.
This means if it were to happen, and somehow not involve Sakurai, I still don't think we would get new characters.

The interesting thing for me is - how could it evolve the series?
Maybe including a trampoline for the controlling character? Punching gloves?

Buuhan

Is mayonnaise an instrument?
Not sure about any fancy controllers expect for hooked up GameCube ones. Maybe just new characters, new stages, and possibly new items. Plus half the characters in that game would already be added in our normal smash bros, narrowing it down to maybe twelve more commonly known characters today would be easier for the creators.

Naulis

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3325-2274-0881
Switch FC
I think it could be a cool concept, it'd likely be produced by Bandai-Namco like the MK GP cabinets are, I agree it would probably simply use GC like controllers, and I can see them using the Smash 4 engine with Ultimates being a bit to new for them to adapt (I believe they use a sort of buffed version of MK U for MK GP). With Bandai-Namco being the producers of the cabinets I can sorta see them adding more characters from their roster as opposed to just Pac-Man, but more likely I'd expect them just dumbing down the roster as opposed to adding to it.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
If it were an arcade-style game many changes would probably be made.

It'd be significantly faster and more precise, less focus on movement and more on attacking. Basically very similar to Power Stone. I'd consider ditching the Gamecube controllers for an arcade-stick oriented format.

Final Smashes would be more like power changes in that game where collecting a Smash Ball activates a sort of hyper mode where your attacks do more damage. Every character has not one, but two Final Smashes (just like in Power Stone where every character has multiple super attacks), and you press a different button combination to activate them (something like Shield+A for FS #1, Shield+B for FS #2). Also every character would have an EX gauge (similar to Cloud's limit break) where filling it up allows you to enhance your character's special moves. EX bars would have two stocks and the moves would be able to make up for specific weaknesses. For example Donkey Kong's EX Spinning Kong would last longer and have more vertical movement. Marios EX fireball would be large and it wouldn't bounce, but it would leave a carpet of flame once it hit the ground.

EX moves are a concept from Street Fighter and I think it would enhance the game in an interesting way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom