• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHAT-IF MOVESET: Son Goku. Yes, THAT Son Goku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

WARNING!
THIS IS A WHAT-IF MOVESET FOR GOKU FROM THE DRAGON BALL SERIES. GOKU HAS BEEN A VERY CONTROVERSIAL CHARACTER WITHIN THE SMASH FANBASE, SO IF YOU COME INTO THIS THREAD SPAMMING ME WITH "GOKU ISN'T COMING TO SMASH" COMMENTS, DON'T BOTHER. I KNOW THIS. LET A MAN DREAM.

----------
CHARACTER INFO:
Name: Son Goku
Series: Dragon Ball
First Nintendo Appearance: Dragon Power
(Bandai Namco, 1986, NES)
----------
ENTRANCE: Rides in on the Flying Nimbus.

STANCE: His classic stance where he crouches slightly while raising two fingers.

IDLE 1: Stands straight and puts his hands behind his head.

IDLE 2: Puts his hands on his hips.
----------
JAB COMBO: 2 punches and a spinning kick.

DASH ATTACK: A jumping kick.
----------
UP TILT: Lifts his knee into the air.

SIDE TILT: A spinning backhand punch.

DOWN TILT: A short sliding kick across the ground.
----------
UP SMASH: A rising uppercut similar to a Shoryuken.

SIDE SMASH: A spinning kick.

DOWN SMASH: The "shield" he used against the Ginyu Force.

----------
NEUTRAL AIR: A simple kick.

UP AIR: Kicks above him.

FORWARD AIR: Knocks the opponent down with two hands. This can spike.

BACK AIR: A kick behind him.

DOWN AIR: Dives downwards feet-first.
----------
GRAB ATTACK: Headbutts opponent.

UP THROW: Throws opponent upwards and shoots a ki blast at them.

FORWARD THROW: Does a few rapid punches and kicks, then kicks the opponent away. This is the Dragon Rush from Dragon Ball FighterZ.

BACK THROW: Grabs the opponent by the legs, spins them around and throws them. This move is known as the Dragonthrow.

DOWN THROW: A simple judo throw.
----------
LEDGE ATTACK: Climbs back up on the stage and punches.

100% LEDGE ATTACK: Slowly climbs back up and does throws a short-ranged ki blast.
----------
UP TAUNT: Charges up.

SIDE TAUNT: Holds his arm while stretching it, says: "Hey, you okay?" This is his taunt in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai.

DOWN TAUNT: Groans while holding his stomach, thinking about food.

----------

NEUTRAL SPECIAL - KAMEHAMEHA:
Fires his signature attack. Can be charged.

SIDE SPECIAL - CHARGE DASH:
Rushes forward, surrounded by aura. Elbows the opponent if it hits.

UP SPECIAL - INSTANT TRANSMISSION:
Teleports. You can change the direction of where he reappears by pressing a different direction before he reappears.

DOWN SPECIAL - AFTERIMAGE:
A counter. If he's hit, he dashes behind the opponent leaving a shadow behind him and strikes.
----------
Goku has different Final Smashes depending on the command you input before executing it.

NORMAL FINAL SMASH - SPIRIT BOMB:

Goku flies to the top-center of the screen while raising his hands, gathering a large amount of energy and throws it down onto the stage. The Spirit Bomb then explodes, causing massive damage.

DOWN FINAL SMASH - SUPER SAIYAN:

By holding down and pressing the special button while he has his Final Smash ready, Goku powers up into his Super Saiyan form for a short time. All of his attacks are powered up and he moves faster.

(Alternatively, because Ultimate doesn't let characters use transformations for their Final Smashes [characters such as Sonic, Yoshi or Bowser], he could simply go Super Saiyan, and then rapidly beat up his opponent and finish off with a Super Kamehameha.)

----------
WIN POSE 1: Says "Man, am I hungry..."

WIN POSE 2: Gives a thumbs-up to the player and sighs of exhaustion. This is his win animation in Dragon Ball FighterZ.

WIN POSE 3: Goes Super Saiyan and says:
"This planet depends on me!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark_00

Smash Rookie
I like a lot of this I just don't know about the parry idea maybe a different move could be used instead because parry is just really lazy, also Super Sayain as a Final Smash could just be disregarded and do like a Kaio-ken, and instead use the transformations as ALT's kinda like what they did with Bowser Junior.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I’m closing this thread because it sets a precedent in getting around the character support thread rules for the Ultimate section. If this is allowed, then any character would be allowed a support thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom