• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Echo Fighters used the custom moves from Wii U?

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Echo Fighters are pretty cool. But after playing with them for a while they've become lackluster and a little disappointing. Many people wish they had just a little more differences between them and their counterpart. Then I remembered the Custom Moves from Smash for the Wii U. There are no custom moves in Ultimate, but what if the echo fighters inherited one or two of them?

Like what if Daisy's Side Special became the Flower Bomber? Or Dark Samus' Up Special becomes the Apex Screw Attack? It would have been an easy way to throw in a different attack or two without too much extra work.

I don't know, it was an idea I was just tossing around.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
With a Mega Man or Palutena echo, that'd be basically mandatory since their customs were some of the best. They weren't [x but faster/stronger/bigger/this effect and slower/weaker/more precise] but actually unique moves.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I've always wanted echo fighters to have at least slight property tweaks and I've always wanted Daisy to have Sleepy Toad (personally, with a Dayzee instead of a Toad).

That said, I'd like custom moves back, period. But anything to differentiate the really egregiously identical echoes would be lovely.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I honestly wish they did. At least you'd have actual reason to include Daisy if we're never getting her as a standalone.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I've always wanted echo fighters to have at least slight property tweaks and I've always wanted Daisy to have Sleepy Toad (personally, with a Dayzee instead of a Toad).

That said, I'd like custom moves back, period. But anything to differentiate the really egregiously identical echoes would be lovely.
I think custom moves were removed because of it's limited implementation and balancing problems. However if they were to take just two custom moves and apply them to the echoes then those moves could be balanced better.

I personally think Sleepy Toad might be a bit OP. But maybe not.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
In that case, lemme make some tweaks:

:ultdarksamus:
:GCB:-Dense Charge Shot
:GCR::GCB:-Turbo Missile
:GCU::GCB:-Screw Rush

:ultdaisy:
:GCB:-Grumpy, Sleepy Toad
:GCR::GCB:-Flower Bomber

:ultlucina:
:GCB:-Dashing Assault
:GCR::GCB:-Heavy Blade
:GCD::GCB:-Iai Counter
:GCU::GCB:-Dolphin Jump

:ultchrom:
:GCB:-Tempest
:GCR::GCB:-Unyielding Blade
:GCD::GCB:-Effortless Blade

:ultdarkpit:
:GCD::GCB:-Amplifying Orbitars
:GCU::GCB:-Wings of Icarus

Honorable Mentions
:ultdoc:
:GCB:-Mega Capsule
:GCR::GCB:-Shocking Sheet
:GCU::GCB:-Ol' One-Two
:GCD::GCB:-Soaring Tornado

:ultganondorf:
:GCB:-Warlock Blade
:GCR::GCB:-Flame Wave
:GCD::GCB:-Wizard’s Dropkick

:ultluigi:
:GCB:-Ice Ball
:GCU::GCB:-Burial Header (but with a sweet spot for the first hit)

:ulttoonlink:
:GCB:-Piercing Bow
:GCD::GCB:-Short-Fused Bomb

:ultpichu:
:GCB:-Thunder Wave
:GCR::GCB:-Shocking Skull Bash
:GCD::GCB:-Thunder Burst
:GCU::GCB:-Quick Feet

:ultjigglypuff:
:GCR::GCB:-Pound Blitz
:GCD::GCB:-Leaping Rest

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That'd be awesome. My guess is that using them would mean balancing 'em against their base character is harder overall, but I think they could still do it with these in mind. Of course, using these takes a lot more time to overall balance out, so I can understand why they used a quicker method in Ultimate due to a lack of actual development time to do a lot more. A lot of modes were temp cut simply due to this alone.

Regardless, this would be enough to make some others feel better. It's worth noting that that Lucas and Wolf's specials were somewhat put on Ness and Fox respectively for their customs(I think Falco too?), so it's not like these hasn't been used to make a character, or at least redo them. Lucas was readded as DLC and done super fast because he could be rebuilt off of Ness, including the different specials as they existed as customs. So with that in mind, they have proven they can take these into account. Otherwise, all I remember is them using custom equipment to redo Dr. Mario in Ultimate as is. So customs have been somewhat used to help create a clone of sorts.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I think custom moves could be done again and be balanced reasonably if they were less ambitious than they were in 4. Smaller property changes... and fewer wind moves.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I think custom moves could be done again and be balanced reasonably if they were less ambitious than they were in 4. Smaller property changes... and fewer wind moves.
Generally making them have sort of use would be good. I remember Zelda and Puff having mostly terrible ones.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
In that case, lemme make some tweaks:

:ultchrom:
:GCB:-Tempest
:GCR::GCB:-Quick Draw
:GCD::GCB:-Effortless Blade

:ultdarkpit:
:GCD::GCB:-Impact Orbitars
:GCU::GCB:-Wings of Icarus
Honestly I think those two fighters are fine. See I think an echo should still be an echo. I think each echo fighter should have two thibgs that set them a part from the original. With Chrom it's that his sword has no sweetspot/sourspot and has Aether for a recovery. Dark Pit has different arrows and the Electroshock Hammer. That's more than you could say for Daisy, Dark Samus, and Richter who barely have anything.

Daisycakes

Banned via Warnings
Likely gone because of balancing. Lucina and Dark Pit didn’t have custom moves as default moves in Smash 4, and Daisy has flowers in her bomber, but they are cosmetic, instead of the effect Flower Bomber had.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Honestly? I wish Daisy did something similar to Pichu or Doc, where instead of being an echo, she became a semi-clone? I mean, it would've made sense for her to go down the route of being an animation echo. Alternatively, they could have given her Peach's old moves, such as the arm sweep down tilt or the multi-kick up air. I hate that she, by all means, is just Peach with a smaller but wider hurtbox. They even removed her turnip difference.

Top Bottom