• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if all of the Miis were conglomerated into one fighter?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I get it; some people really like the Miis for representing a decade of consoles and being the only "custom" fighters, while others hate them for being staple characters and nothing else.

So I was discussing this with my friends at lunch. What if all of the miis were conglomerated into one "Mii Fighter," and with that moveset there were dozens of custom specials, smashes, tilts, etc. Basically, you got to customize your own moveset, name the fighter and choose what they look like.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I wouldn't entirely hate that but I feel like they work better as their own separate things. If anything I just want a few more classes for them.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Holy ****, I've already said this a ton of times in a ton of places. Just have a custom character that can use any moves, and don't worry about balancing it.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Nah.

Each one of them have their playstyles and gameplay design already defined. Melee, ranged and projectile based. Amalgamating all of them into one would be a mess that it wouldn't worthwhile. Each one already provides enough customization options as it is, so they are fine the way they are.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Just out of curiosity, can we steal moves from sources other than the Mii fighters (such as other characters in the game), or does it have to be something a Mii Fighter had? Similarly, can we do the same with design?

I have an idea for a good Mii Fighter, but I don't think she will be possible if no is the answer to these questions.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Just out of curiosity, can we steal moves from sources other than the Mii fighters (such as other characters in the game), or does it have to be something a Mii Fighter had? Similarly, can we do the same with design?

I have an idea for a good Mii Fighter, but I don't think she will be possible if no is the answer to these questions.
My idea was exactly that. Hundreds of moves available that come from more than three base classes.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I wouldn't entirely hate that but I feel like they work better as their own separate things. If anything I just want a few more classes for them.
I agree, more than three classes of Mii Fighter would give everyone more of a variety to choose from.

Oddball

Smash Lord
If anything we need more choices for Miis, not less.

I'd kinda like to have a sports themed mii.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Mixing and matching just the best moves from the three current Mii Fighters would already be really overpowered. So my specials are Grenade Launcher and the bomb from the gunner, Helicopter Kick from the Brawler, and probably the spinning sword move for recovery from Swordfighter who needs side special otherwise? I'm going to have Swordfighter's tilts, Brawler's jab and dash attack, Gunner's smashes, Gunner's fair, Brawler's nair and bair, Swordfighter's uair and dair, Brawler's throws... Do I get to keep Brawler's mobility parameters too? This character is really overpowered, probably the best character in Smash 4. You're letting me make literally every one of my moves good and letting me have multiple character definingly powerful options that basically allow me to be all of the best things about Villager and ZSS at the same time except add on a good grab game and a few sword normals for good measure.

How Smash handled the current customization of Mii Fighters was basically to severely undertune almost everything which is why Swordfighter and Gunner are mostly just bad, but even then, with so many options something fell through the cracks and Brawler is a fairly good and mostly dumb character mostly because Helicopter Kick is just a bonkers move ("substantially better version of Boost Kick" is a hilarious move concept). Smash Ultimate it seems is going to be more careful with the tuning, but certainly massively magnifying the options would be going the wrong way here. The ideal is for the three Mii Fighter archetypes to be fully integrated as normal characters so we can actually use them. For most practical purposes, they might as well not even be in Smash 4 (they're effectively or actually banned at almost all tournaments, and online players can pick them either); that's the angle I think about when I think where I want to see these characters go...

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Such choice overload would cause me to never bother with the character ever.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
When I first saw the title of this thread I thought you were going to talk about turning the miis into a pokemon trainerish character where you can swap between all 3 mii types during match (maybe with different miis too). IDK i never really play as miis so i would not mind them doing something different to make them feel more appealing to play as like your idea or my initial reaction to the title although IDK if either would still be enough to make them miis enjoyable for me though.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
The Mii FIghters will have a fixed design, or will we be able to play with our Mii's?

Quillion

Smash Hero
I get it; some people really like the Miis for representing a decade of consoles and being the only "custom" fighters, while others hate them for being staple characters and nothing else.

So I was discussing this with my friends at lunch. What if all of the miis were conglomerated into one "Mii Fighter," and with that moveset there were dozens of custom specials, smashes, tilts, etc. Basically, you got to customize your own moveset, name the fighter and choose what they look like.
That could certainly be overwhelming since you would have to select each and every move from tilts and aerials to floor and ledge attacks.

I could see it working with preset options where you have the Brawler, Swordfighter, or Gunner movesets as they are now, and then fine tune it with other attacks, but I don't think it will happen.

Top Bottom