• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 What have you spotted in the Smash demo?

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Okay, I might be forgetting something obvious here, but has anyone seen whether or not it's possible to swim in the water around Tortimer Island? As far as I've seen, no one has touched that water. Hell, for all I know, it could be shallow.

Swimming appeared to be cut from Jungle Japes in the Smash Direct, but is it completely gone or just removed from that stage? That's the idea I'm getting at here.

IronMario31

Smash Rookie
From what I have seen from the Nintendo Treehouse playthroughs you can no longer swim in water. You just sink through it. Im pretty sure everyone else has noticed this ,but you guys did see that Air dodges in the Wii U version can cause lag if performed close to the ground....which is good competitive wise since it allows punishment and combo ability.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
From what I have seen from the Nintendo Treehouse playthroughs you can no longer swim in water. You just sink through it. Im pretty sure everyone else has noticed this ,but you guys did see that Air dodges in the Wii U version can cause lag if performed close to the ground....which is good competitive wise since it allows punishment and combo ability.
You can't swim the water just like melee days but in mushroom kingdom U you can WALK in the stream water.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
"Swim Time" was one of the stats shown after battle. I can't find the picture easily because there were a lot of matches with footage.

So while it looks like not all water will be swimmable, there's probably some swimming in the game.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Hrm, while this thread has been revived, I'll point out what I've noticed, as no one has said

Some Assist Trophies, (Goroh, Magnus, Midna from what I've seen) can be stuned, knocked back, footstooled and KO'd, they don't have a percent meter so you can't build up a percent on them and send them flying, they all have a double jump as well. Items effect them too.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hrm, while this thread has been revived, I'll point out what I've noticed, as no one has said

Some Assist Trophies, (Goroh, Magnus, Midna from what I've seen) can be stuned, knocked back, footstooled and KO'd, they don't have a percent meter so you can't build up a percent on them and send them flying, they all have a double jump as well. Items effect them too.
So, basically, outside of the percent thing, they're unplayable playable characters?

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I crashed my demo by selecting DK (player 3), and selecting his 4th costume, which was a pixellated, streched out version of the words wii fit trainer. I tried to inform the nintendo rep, but the game crashed when someone hit "go" before I could do anything about i

luckily it came back on, I picked dk, and won an EPIC sudden death vs. rosalina

Last edited:
Top Bottom