• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What has become of smashboards??

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
I'm really starting to hate the smashboards community recently. It seems no matter what i post, i will get called names by others who think their opinions are better. I quite like to debate, but doesn't anyone feel even a little bad calling people names over the internet? It doesn't bother me that people say these things, it bothers me to know that these people are our future, and will control the world some day.

This is what pushed me over the edge to make this topic:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=158368

go to post 7. If you're too lazy:

Heres what i wrote:

Smash balls would probably end up working in competitive play if people WANTED them. But no one does. I think everyones trying to keep the game as simple as possible, and no one wants to deal with the complexities of playing with smash balls.

After reading it back i realize it sounds like i want smash balls in competitive play and that i think tournament players are too lazy to introduce it, but thats not my opinion at all. I just think that if everyone really wanted smash balls in, people would make exceptions to the items rule.

But look at the single reply i was left just before the thread was locked:

you're an idiot, plain and simple

Smash Balls aren't in because some chars have broken Final Smashes, plain and simple... plus lets put it this way, you're kicking the **** out of someone, now they comeback with a pity final smash, which u can't beat out of them, is that fair... hell no

Smash Balls are bad for Competitive Smash end of discussion

I don't mind that he disagrees with me, but the fact that he'd open with a line telling me i'm an idiot after no provocation really...pisses me off. Thats not how this world works.

And as a side note, his point is irrelevant, since characters in melee had broken attacks but weren't banned. It was probably worse in melee, because smash balls are rare and moves can be executed any time. Thats neither here or there though.

Anyway, has this happened to you? Did it bother you as much as me? I'm guessing no, but it's not the name calling that bothers me. What bothers me is that i would never do that to someone else, which isn't fair. And if you knew me, you'd know i like everything to be FAIR. Read up on the Ethic of Reciprocity if you'd like to know more.

Somehow, i'm guessing this'll be locked. I don't know why, but i'm sure the mod who does will point out something.

And you know what? I think this is the biggest opening post i've ever posted.

-RazeveX

Crystallion

Smash Ace
A lot of stuff isn't fair in life, that's what makes it so hard. But really, I agree with you, smashboards was all fine before Brawl came out. I wish it could become like that again, but then all I hear on these boards is the never ending argument Casuals vs. Competitive Players. And it's starting to become ridiculous.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Smashboards has always been this way.

Oh, this poster disagrees with me? Hell, I'll flame the living **** out of him; of course, that solves all of our problems, so I'm perfectly justified in expressing my opinions in whatever way I choose to do so.

It just happens that Melee was starting to stagnate (aka not as much stuff to debate over), and here we have the release of Brawl. Along with it comes a whole new host of issues to ***** and whine over, smash balls and final smashes included.

tl;dr

Brawl's just shining a new light on an old problem.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
It doesn't bother me that people say these things, it bothers me to know that these people are our future, and will control the world some day.
I hate it when people say this. People always seem to forget about the phase where teenagers tend to grow up. It's called aging, and everybody does it. This is a video game forum consisting mostly of kids between the ages of thirteen to sixteen.

And heck, I'm turning twenty next month, and I act like a sixteen year old on here. Because like I said before-- it's a video game forum-- I'm not supposed to present myself as a mature individual. Give me a serious topic, and I'll act serious. But if someone on the "extremely serious" Brawl boards says something that's totally, and obviously, never going to happen, I'm going to go ahead and help them have that dramatic realization that their opinion is totally and obviously never going to be considered.

But in a way, I do see what you mean. The Brawl boards are a bit too juvenile, which is why I tend to never stick a toe in there. Your best bet is to lurk in there, and leave the debating to the Debate Hall.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Yea, Brawl boards are a cesspool from what I've seen.

However, we have rules against topics about individual members, and you do single him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom