• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What happened to my headset's audio?

Morin0

Smash Lord
My laptop has been acting weird lately. When I first got the laptop, the speakers were working fine – in fact, I don't think there's anything wrong. I usually test if the audio is too loud by pulling up the volume level and pulling down/up the lever and hear if the ping sound is too loud, too quiet, or just right. I don't even know how it got to this, but I can pull up the level up to 100% and I will not hear the ping sound. However, any audio I play will play at 100% as it should be.

I use a headset anyways, so it doesn't matter. I recently unplugged the headset because I was going to move my laptop somewhere else and when I plugged it back in, it started to install drivers as if was the first time connecting it, which I thought was kind of weird. Anyways, now my headset is all wonky. It's doing the exact same thing as my laptop's speakers, except the headset will not play any audio unless it's up to a certain level. So if I'm listening to music and the song gets quiet at some point in the song, my headset will abruptly stop playing audio until it's loud enough and then it will start playing. Almost as if the headset was listening until it's loud enough so it can function. The only workaround that I know of, is to have the volume at 100% and I'm not going to kill my ears. It's really, really annoying. Any ideas as to what this is?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Morin0

Smash Lord
Never mind. I have fixed the issue. My headset has the ability to swtich to PS3 and XBOX 360 mode and for some reason, it was switched to PS3 mode. It's now in PC mode and everything works perfectly now! I was getting a bit worried there. :laugh:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Woooo!
This sounds like it would be pretty scary if happened to me, so I'm glad you got it fixed.

Top Bottom