• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What happen to Smash Bros 64 online?

Uair

Banned via Warnings
I see people playing on Discord, and in real life, but in general seeing tons of players on Kaillera just isn't the same anymore.

I think the community may have actually "died off" by growing. What I mean is basically every new smash 64 player is a melee/brawl fan. There is no solo 64 players, they all have little to no interest in smash64. Really sad to see how badly the SSb64 community has died thanks to the influx of casual smashers.

I miss MATTS! and all the other old school smashers. I miss when Isai was the Floyd Mayweather of Smash64... god I really miss those days.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Any evidence to suggest this at all? Once again, you're making things up.
This is proof, you'r the only one to respond to this post... literally the only person who plays anymore is you but you keep ragequitting i dont get it.

Grahamaglam

Smash Journeyman
People moved away from here because of bad mods and moved to the facebook group because it has slightly less bad mods. I'm only here to make sure newer players don't get led astray by your misinformation. I hardly play online anymore since I live near an active console scene and usually only play in the weekly netplay tournaments.

Strangely enough, i saw at least 40 people online at the same time as I was going through the servers to find one to play on. Keep in mind that these weren't one of the recommended servers to play on for the tournament. Even more strange is that you can find a minimum of 20 people on the Fighting Atlanta Gamers server in the evening every day. IDK when you think should be a popular time to play smash online is, but you can always find a game between the hours of 8am-2am.

Last edited:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
People moved away from here because of bad mods and moved to the facebook group because it has slightly less bad mods. I'm only here to make sure newer players don't get led astray by your misinformation. I hardly play online anymore since I live near an active console scene and usually only play in the weekly netplay tournaments.

Strangely enough, i saw at least 40 people online at the same time as I was going through the servers to find one to play on. Keep in mind that these weren't one of the recommended servers to play on for the tournament. Even more strange is that you can find a minimum of 20 people on the Fighting Atlanta Gamers server in the evening every day. IDK when you think should be a popular time to play smash online is, but you can always find a game between the hours of 8am-2am.
Nobody good plays anymore.

SSB64GOD

Smash Rookie
But how good are those 20 people? And yeah, those days when Isai was nearly unbeatable were amazing. The days when there were 60 people online at night and most of them were decent. Clans, people with personalities, etc.....

Last edited:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
I can get games with Boom, theZ, dext3r, warnwu, revan, LD, jamie, supa, and now kero pretty regularly. 9 top 30 NA players sounds pretty good to me.
Yeah same day I made that post Jaime got on.

He didn't mean to, be he taught me a new troll combo. Act like you're going to do the generic falcon Fthrow fair fthrow fair uair, but dair them instead at low% so they can recover then bair off DL into uair then upB.

Manage to pull it off a few times in falcon dittos. It's just hard keeping people within a low % so they can recover from the spike.

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
Hey Uair, not sure if I've played you yet, but I've been getting back into the scene. I'm an old SSB64 only player (never claimed to be "pro" but definitely not some random chode/nobody) but have spent countless hours playing in the past and the rust is starting to wear off. Let's play! I've found that most of the people on the Kaillera servers are noobs/laggers and some of them don't even use a rom with No Items/all characters unlocked, lol.

I played brawl one time in my life and hated it, never played the newer ones. SSB64 and Melee are definitely the more competitive peaks of the series. It's too bad the scene seems to be dying down. Used to be able to instantly find competitive smash 64 games on the Kaillera servers and even some fun 2v2s.

Anyway, what is discord? And where are all the players hanging out to find games? If I can know about that Facebook group or where everyone vanished to, that'd be dope ;)

naRcomAculousNG

Smash Rookie
Yeah The good ol days were the best now I just got back to it there's like 1/10th of the people, & idefk what this raw bull**** is but I really wanna bomb and boomerang someone.. so on that note whats raw or how do I enable it?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Yeah The good ol days were the best now I just got back to it there's like 1/10th of the people, & idefk what this raw bull**** is but I really wanna bomb and boomerang someone.. so on that note whats raw or how do I enable it?
Please post this on the discord, it takes ages for anyone to respond here as it's very, very inactive.

RAW refers to "Uncheck raw data" plugin within your controller settings. It's a check box on the most common type. Raw on means it's closer to actual 64 control stick movement. It can mess with certain controllers though.

Top Bottom