• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What grinds your gears in For Glory mode? (THE ROLLENING)

NuNero1

Smash Cadet
NNID
KSHEFF722
Samus spamming missiles and little mac players that always counter
Stop complaining, are all Little Macs supposed to be offensive and vulnerable, allowing you to beat on them nonstop? The counter is part of Little Mac's overall moveset, sure they are rushdown type characters with a strong ground game and powerful smash attacks, the counter balances all of that out. Instead of raging over the times a Little Mac counters you, learn how to make the situation adapt to you and exploit, make the Little Mac fight on YOUR terms. That is how you become a better player, it worked wonders for me. The same goes for your "Spammy Samus" problem. Sorry, but your complaint was just too narrow minded, which is why I responded.

Last edited:

jcx

Smash Journeyman
Stop complaining, are all Little Macs supposed to be offensive and vulnerable, allowing you beat on them nonstop? The counter is part of Little Mac's overall moveset, sure they are rushdown type characters with a strong ground game and powerful smash attacks, the counter balances all of that out. Instead of raging over the times a Little Mac counters you, learn how to make the situation adapt to you and exploit, make the Little Mac fight on YOUR terms. That is how you become a better player, it worked wonders for me. The same goes for your "Spammy Samus" problem. Sorry, but your complaint was just too narrow minded, which is why I responded.
I couldn't agree more. Adapting is crucial to all the games, especially SSB4 with Bayonetta gaining prominence.

AAA Battery

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-1897-1891
Lag utterly kills FG for me. Especially when there are freeze frames mixed in, then it's borderline unbearable. But taunters who taunt and crouch spam just to piss people off is my biggest pet peeve.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
That moment when you have to deal with someone that tries to DITTO your every single character you choose after ahwhile of having losses until sticking with a :4dedede: that only uses smash attacks, neutral standing attacks, rolls and FOCKING Swallowing near the ledge as its only way of playing. Seriously...WHY DO YOU RESORT TO SUCH A MINIMAL, UNORIGINAL AND SPAMMY way to play...?

Moments like that just make me want to report the player and be done with it...

:mad088:.
A true sign of someone that clearly has no idea what they're doing as King Dedede.

Personally dittos don't annoy me to much extent because I normally end up beating them 90% of the time anyways; however, I find people who immediately switch to spam methods after losing to be far more annoying. Since I play teams with my friend rather frequently you don't know how often we'll see someone switch to double Ness or double Link when they find they can't win against us.

Yes, we see you're trying to PK spam. I know how to shield it. I know how to avoid it. Yet you still try so very hard to keep doing it...

It's an even worse offense when they're actually really good players. They may lose, but they give us a run for our money. Once they've had enough losing they switch to spam and are suddenly the worst players ever. Guys, seriously. Seriously? GUIZ. SRSLY.

You guys were a lot better before you attempted the spam tactic. It makes me so upset when this happens.
People who after getting beaten call you a scrub and leave the room. Like a few days ago when I playing against someone using :4ness:and they got destroyed by me. They changed their name to "BYE SCRUB" and left the room.

Yes I'm the scrub even though you're the one who got beaten hard so what does that make you?
Although we didn't get called Scrubs, we did get tags that said "UR AUTISM" after we beat two players by +6. Does that count? What does winning have to do with Autism? It's the second weirdest insult I've had thrown my way, the first being "UR A GIRL". Is this 3rd Grade?

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
A true sign of someone that clearly has no idea what they're doing as King Dedede.

Personally dittos don't annoy me to much extent because I normally end up beating them 90% of the time anyways; however, I find people who immediately switch to spam methods after losing to be far more annoying. Since I play teams with my friend rather frequently you don't know how often we'll see someone switch to double Ness or double Link when they find they can't win against us.

Yes, we see you're trying to PK spam. I know how to shield it. I know how to avoid it. Yet you still try so very hard to keep doing it...

It's an even worse offense when they're actually really good players. They may lose, but they give us a run for our money. Once they've had enough losing they switch to spam and are suddenly the worst players ever. Guys, seriously. Seriously? GUIZ. SRSLY.

You guys were a lot better before you attempted the spam tactic. It makes me so upset when this happens.
It was not the dittos that made me mad. I was actually enjoying some of those alright. Peeved by the reasoning but the gameplay was fine. WITH THE DITTOS.

It was nothing like that ONCE :4dedede: came around. He was then unbeareable to play with. It doesn't help that I was playing with a rushdown-type of character at times. And when I was out of reach, he'd SPAMMED Gordos that sometimes the animation happened without any projectile firing. Kind of like :4olimar: (Who I have been getting around with after sadly neglecting after so long and finally done so after getting Pikmin 3, but that's another story, hehe...) when he's plucking Pikmin after already having 3 out. The only was to deal with him was to attack during his "sucking" phase, grabs and somehow returning back his gordos. And doing just that wasn't that much fun.

And I know that sometimes adapting is the way to go against any opponentl but to what extent...? Like, damn...

:facepalm:.

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
I don't face this at all but I know a friend who also uses :4olimar: and he tells me every time he goes on For Glory with the character, the opponent just walks off the stage and doesn't bother to fight him.

I get Olimar is a hard character to fight but that's mostly due to the fact that rarely anyone plays him for people to learn the match-up. Plus I just find that rude. Like, you're going to just walk off the stage as soon as the match starts simply because the opponent picked a character you have no clue how to counter?

Despite people complaining about how annoying :4sonic: is or how broken :4bayonetta: is I refuse to just walk off the stage simply because my opponent chose them. I'd rather learn how to fight them instead of saying "No, screw you. I don't wanna fight no spammy no skill characters."

jcx

Smash Journeyman
Lag utterly kills FG for me. Especially when there are freeze frames mixed in, then it's borderline unbearable. But taunters who taunt and crouch spam just to piss people off is my biggest pet peeve.
Same here. I never do well with input delay screwing with my double-stick buffered slingshots.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Interesting. I guess I have or I'm going to have the higher ground in that case, hehe.

In all seriousness, I dont see the point of exiting a match when you can just TRY to learn the match up. Is not that complicated and could be made so that you have more fun in the long run.

Last edited:

jcx

Smash Journeyman
Interesting. I guess I have or I'm going to have the higher ground in that case, hehe.

In all seriousness, I dont see the point of exiting a match when you can just TRY to learn the match up. Is not that complicated and could be made so that you have more fun in the long run.
When Bayonetta came out, I was seriously going to consider dropping Smash 4 for Splatoon or Melee. But I eventually decided to switch to Villager from Mario to make things easier against Bayonetta. I still don't know the matchup very well due to my lack of human practice against a Bayo player, but I'm making progress ^_^

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII

I remembered at one point I used to HATE fighting Cloud when he first came out, but after I fought him so many times and even used him myself I started learning more about the character. Now I rarely lose to him. Now I'm currently trying to do that for Bayonetta.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I remembered at one point I used to HATE fighting Cloud when he first came out, but after I fought him so many times and even used him myself I started learning more about the character. Now I rarely lose to him. Now I'm currently trying to do that for Bayonetta.
Props.

Funnily enough, I don't think I had that much Bayos online. Clouds and Corrins have taken the spotlight in that regard like crazy. I know their weaknesses and strongest points, and may sometimes overwhelm me with 'safe' tactics and attacks that have higher priority than my own, which happens a lot. But, once you get used to that and their quirks, you won't have much trouble.

:bowser:.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I don't face this at all but I know a friend who also uses :4olimar: and he tells me every time he goes on For Glory with the character, the opponent just walks off the stage and doesn't bother to fight him.
Wait, do people really do this against Olimars, who are the rarest of rare to come across on For Glory next to Palutenas?

I've honestly never imagined anyone ragequiting/giving up immediately over an Olimar who is rarely ever seen. I actually get very hyped when I find the rarer characters on For Glory mainly because it means they're actually pretty amazing with them a lot of the time.
Despite people complaining about how annoying :4sonic: is or how broken :4bayonetta: is I refuse to just walk off the stage simply because my opponent chose them. I'd rather learn how to fight them instead of saying "No, screw you. I don't wanna fight no spammy no skill characters."
I agree. I never once Ragequit or gave up for any reason. Trust me, I would love not to deal with Cloud because I hate him with a passion; however I'm not going to SD because someone picked him. People who do this always strike me as the sorest of sore losers kind.

jcx

Smash Journeyman
I agree. I never once Ragequit or gave up for any reason. Trust me, I would love not to deal with Cloud because I hate him with a passion; however I'm not going to SD because someone picked him. People who do this always strike me as the sorest of sore losers kind.
I only ragequit when lag is crazy. Fortunately, my Internet is really darn good.

jcx

Smash Journeyman
This board just dropped off the map? Anyways...

I get a little salty when opponents taunt after a kill, so I make sure to taunt when I hit the ground, and most of the time people attack me out of it. "Am I not allowed to taunt, even though you did?" is the kind of thing that goes through my brain. I should expect it at this point, but the world does not feel in balance if I do not even out the taunts.

I ran into this samus player the other day. The first match was pretty bad, and he taunted and teabagged the whole way through, feeling himself, I suppose, or just trying to make me feel horrible. Either way, he was a roller/smash attack/missile spammer, so the second match went a lot better i.e. he got faired to the face, as I was used to that playstyle and had time to calm down between games. That person didn't teabag or taunt that game (lol). Would have stayed to play more if he wasn't rude. I reported him as well. If there is one thing that's good about playing salt-makers, it's making them salty. Those kinds of matches make me wish everyone played at least 2 matches with me, as long as it isn't really laggy etc.
If aMSa plays to win, then most salt-makers are aMSa times ten.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
This board just dropped off the map? Anyways...

I get a little salty when opponents taunt after a kill, so I make sure to taunt when I hit the ground, and most of the time people attack me out of it. "Am I not allowed to taunt, even though you did?" is the kind of thing that goes through my brain. I should expect it at this point, but the world does not feel in balance if I do not even out the taunts.
It's not that you're not allowed, it's the fact that Taunting leaves you open for an attack and most players use that opportunity.

I've said this multiple times before, but I always follow my own golden rule of "You Taunt, I Taunt." They shouldn't get so upset over me taunting if they do it themselves, and if they try to taunt before I'm even dead, or taunt stupidly (aka right in front of me) I am going to punish it. The only exemption is Taunt Greetings, and I always return them. That, and if the opponent shows me they're taunting to commend me or basically says "Hey. nice KO!" then I'll leave them alone. More often that not that isn't always the case though.

jcx

Smash Journeyman
It's more about the constant taunting/teabagging than anything, not about how they play tbh. I don't think aMSa is that kind of player? So I don't consider him a salt-maker? But yes, if people do get salty after a match, the winner technically could be considered a salt-maker. Tell me if I misinterpreted your post.
You did. And I wasn't thinking really hard when I made my post.

jcx

Smash Journeyman
I can't stand fights with ridiculous input lag. I encounter those once every 30 battles and it's dreadful enough to make me SD.
Last time that happened, I was playing :4feroy: against :4wiremac:. It was so laggy, we were both SDing.

Not much else to say.

Zoom!

Smash Cadet
Sorry, I need to violate the short and sweet rule, this rage/rant was a long time coming:

I hate it when I beat someone ten times in a row, during which they say nothing, and then they finally win and then they say "GG". Where was my GG's? I don't ever say it back in this case.

I hate taunting. The only time I ever accept a taunt is when somebody gets a truly good kill. I feel like there should be some kind of acknowledgement of what they just did, so I taunt back. I hate taunting just because of a mirror fight. We play the same character, hurray. Sorry if that sounds douchey but I LOVE the first three seconds of a fight, it's so fascinating how some people open (unless you play :4cloud:, we all know how that starts). Taunting ruins that. In general I never taunt unless my opponent does, in which case I'll kill them and burn my three taunts in a row to prove a point. I really despise taunting. I feel so much respect for players who kill me and just stand there and wait for me to respawn.

I hate when people show off tech as I'm dying/respawning. Literally stop. You are using none of this tech while we are fighting. It's like that scene from a movie I don't remember where one guy shows off a load of really impressive fight moves and then another guy just clocks him in the face.

I hate it when people call me a spammer. I'm a :4pikachu: main, and because :4pikachu: says his name after ever t-jolt, it can seem like I spam more than I do. Even so, why is it even an issue?! Surely me using the same move over and over means I'm being predictable, which you should therefore punish with ease . . . ? I swear though, I get called a spammer when I literally didnt even use the same move more than twice in a row. The other day somebody called me a spammer and then said "cancer to you and your family". Well a Pika Pika to you too!

I hate it when people give up. So I'm wrecking you, no need to quit. If you cant take losing then stay your ass offline. It's even more annoying when people SD on purpose but then ready up for another fight. Don't even. If I can't even get the respect of you seeing game 1 to the end so you can try a better MU why should I give you game 2?

I hate it when I SD early then my opponent SD's so it's even again. I can kind of see what you're doing, but please stop. First of all, if I win then you have an automatic excuse, and second, you're robbing me of a chance to make an epic comeback, which is so much fun. Plus if the situation was reversed and YOU SD . . . We take those . . .

I hate when people counterpick badly. If I floor you as Pika vs Mario then why the F are you countering to Cpt Falcon?! It baffles me. Same as when I destroy somebody first game and they don't then give me their main, they choose an even lower tier. Oh the disrespect.

I hate it when people know their internet sucks but go online anyway. The amount of times I've played a game that stutters about like an effing slideshow, and then after, the guy ready's up immediately! People only do that if they know full well their game is lagging because of their cheap connection. I'm sure anyone with a decent connection does not stick around for a second game.

I hate it when people use a "training" tag. Stop. All that serves as is a precursor to you losing. Why do you need an automatic excuse? If you're not confident with your new character, don't take them online. Or do it, but without the training tag. Ugh, that one irks me. I'm training so I'm allowed to lose k. There is a training mode for a reason you absolute peasant.

I hate it when people use a "random" tag. I don't care if you use random. Do you want extra credit for winning? Main a low tier. Or play with your feet.

I hate that some people on For Glory don't know that if you get disconnected then a level 1 bot can take over your character. It bugs me to no end that some people have thought they rekt me when they didn't.

Everything else is fair game. Don't care what character you use, how much you use flare blitz or roll around. I have only myself to blame if anything like that catches me out.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
I hate it when I beat someone ten times in a row, during which they say nothing, and then they finally win and then they say "GG". Where was my GG's? I don't ever say it back in this case.
Well, that's a complicated concept, isn't it? A lot of people have different ideas about when it's okay to say "GG".

Some think it's just polite to say after any game, win or lose.

Some think the winner saying it means they are being gracious and acknowledging their opponent. Others think it means the winner is being a condescending prick and ironically lording his victory over someone who did not in fact play a good game.

Some think the loser saying it shows they respect their opponent's triumph and have no sore feelings. Others think the loser does not have the place to say it as it suggests the game was closer than whatever the result was.

Me, I reserve GGs for when someone is leaving the game. I specifically avoid giving them out midway unless my opponent does first, then I reciprocate. And never when something stupid like a lag SD or obvious misinput occurred in the preceding game.

LabrysXII

Smash Cadet
NNID
LabrysXII
3DS FC
2020-0802-1886
What I really hate is when people call you garbage when they beat you once with their main. And leave after that. I know I should hold that L, but bad sportsmanship can make this game really unfun. Then again, I should know better not to expect anything good from For Glory to be honest.

Also, I might've mentioned it before, and others may have....but I dislike it when people attempt to disrespect you by playing your main or whatever character you're using. I can beat those people, sure. But don't they have something better to do, like I dunno.....fighting me with their best character?

jcx

Smash Journeyman
What I really hate is when people call you garbage when they beat you once with their main. And leave after that. I know I should hold that L, but bad sportsmanship can make this game really unfun. Then again, I should know better not to expect anything good from For Glory to be honest.

Also, I might've mentioned it before, and others may have....but I dislike it when people attempt to disrespect you by playing your main or whatever character you're using. I can beat those people, sure. But don't they have something better to do, like I dunno.....fighting me with their best character?
It's especially irritating that they don't know that many really good players don't play FG with their mains sometimes. I'm a very competitive player, but it's not right to rub it in your opponent's face when you win. The only insulting tag I use is "AaronSucks", but I use it as a joke whenever my cousin comes over to play. He knows I don't mean anything insulting anyway.

Zoom!

Smash Cadet
Well, that's a complicated concept, isn't it?
Not really, at least, there are easy ways of ensuring your GG tag isn't misconstrued. A good rule of thumb is to only use it when you're congratulating your opponent on their victory, or to reciprocate when your opponent says it first. I guess it can also be used as a sign off right before leaving.

Ultimately, it's really not that difficult to evaluate the situation and context and use GG accordingly. To reuse my example, if I win multiple games in a row but don't have a single GG thrown my way, but then my opponent finally wins and then says GG, I fail to see any sportsmanship in that. What benefit am I getting from being told GG? Are they saying I played well despite losing? That's implicit after winning so many times, it's not like I need any reassurance. Or are they solely wanting acknowledgment for winning? That's meaningless if they have to fish for it. I find it hard to swallow that people can't lose graciously but can suddenly win graciously.

I personally only ever use GG when it's reciprocal. If I want to show respect I always say "nice [insert character name]". That always means a lot more to people than GG and is impossible to convey an alternate subtext.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Some of the things I'm gonna list here have more to do with how the game functions, but I can't find a thread like that anywhere.
  1. When I'm being thrown by an opponent, someone attacks me and the opponent, but I take the hit while person throwing doesn't get damaged at all. Or they do get hit, but I get hit by the attack also because of the "grab-release" animation.
  2. Little Mac's in For Glory FFA. Now I can handle Mac just fine one-on-one, but dealing with three with them at once is pain due to his speed, power and super armor. I had a run with two people who kept attacking me with Little Mac in For Glory, and I struggled because of the reasons listed.
  3. Being on the receiving end of Pikachu combos because electric attacks causing stun and stuff...

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
This one isn't really a player one, but it's annoying in FG nonetheless - when the game puts you against someone who's connection is literally seconds of input delay bad... That's all I'm saying on that one. lol

Other than that, the only things really irritating me recently in FG is people who get so salty about certain characters and moves (instead of just working around them) they'll SD any time it shows up. Started to get this a lot as Samus (I wonder why... Hmmm.). -and the other is the fact that 2v2 FG is just... Bad... lol Again, not a player thing, but having no team attack in 2v2s just ruins the mode 90% of the time for me. Being bodied by a team of two characters spamming the same move over and over because there's no way you can safely block it is really ridiculous.

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
I just want to say that you can usually tell when a player is going to be scummy. If I totally get wrecked and they decide to stay, I'm going to assume that they'll switch to my character because thats just what happens. If I beat someone repeatedly they're probably going to switch to my character and try to prove that he or she is easy to play or broken

You have to get into the mind of your opponent and understand where they're coming from. Really good players get a power trip from humiliating and destroying others while players that aren't that great will blame the character or the game for their losses.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
You have to get into the mind of your opponent and understand where they're coming from. Really good players get a power trip from humiliating and destroying others while players that aren't that great will blame the character or the game for their losses.
Not really... Good players generally enjoy getting better at the game and overall continuing what they do best (They tend to avoid just mindlessly wailing on bad players in my experience.), while people who will stay casuals forever (*cough* Me. lol *cough*) are more likely to call johns at everything unless they're winning, and take any wins they can get so ingloriously it's just kind of sad they have to be such sore winners. -and not everyone is a sore loser, either. A lot of the time I just play the game to play the game. Sure there are certain things that annoy me about certain players, but they're often things I get annoyed at myself for, too. lol

As for character changing, TBH, I'm just starting to think people aren't very creative with their character choices... Oh haha, I'm playing Roy and you swapped to the Roy from Fire Emblem? Haha. So funny, never had to do this MU before. Haha. (I had to do this MU at least 5 times yesterday, I only fought about 7 people. *cries*)

I mean, I'm kinda cynical about this stuff and even I'm not so bad as to say "everyone good at the game just wants to humiliate everyone else" etc. There is midground, it just seems like there isn't because of the overwhelming amount of immature morons who can't just play a game to have fun in FG when FG is barely accurate as to how good at the game you are anyway.

(I do agree you can definitely tell when someone is going to be scummy though...)

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
While that's kind of hilarious (since I can make even more reads lol), it's kind of annoying how it's been two years and people still roll a lot. Come on, that's not effective movement anymore. I even gave advice to some random Mewtwo/Villager, but he rolled more. Ok, I guess :v

jcx

Smash Journeyman
While that's kind of hilarious (since I can make even more reads lol), it's kind of annoying how it's been two years and people still roll a lot. Come on, that's not effective movement anymore. I even gave advice to some random Mewtwo/Villager, but he rolled more. Ok, I guess :v
LOL, yeah. I don't think rolling a lot is the big deal, though- in my opinion, it's rolling a lot while not paying attention to how your opponent's going to react to it. I remember seeing RAIN at Genesis 3 in crews, and he was rolling a lot in neutral but still performed well.

Another annoying thing is some players roll but never walk or dash (I'm looking at you, Link scrubs).

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
LOL, yeah. I don't think rolling a lot is the big deal, though- in my opinion, it's rolling a lot while not paying attention to how your opponent's going to react to it. I remember seeing RAIN at Genesis 3 in crews, and he was rolling a lot in neutral but still performed well.

Another annoying thing is some players roll but never walk or dash (I'm looking at you, Link scrubs).
Yep, the issue is more on the way it's used. RAIN still knows how to play neutral, with rolling as a mix-up/alternative movement option.
And these Link scrubs, well LOL

Zoom!

Smash Cadet
Link has a pretty good roll tho. I don't mind rolling. If my opponent has roll patterns then great, all the more to punish. if they roll a lot but not in a pattern that's particularly easy to "download" then who am I to judge if it's working on me. Whenever I feel I'm losing to scrub tactics I just play patiently and spend more time focusing on what they're doing. That simple adjustment does a lot for me.

Solcast

Smash Rookie
NNID
Panda-san21
The one thing that I can't stand on For Glory is when I win a match using Zelda and then my opponent switches to Sheik or Peach, without knowing how to use either of them. It's like saying, "Zelda sucks and I'm going to show you why." Oh well. At least the fun part for me is creaming these pathetic losers and getting salty remarks afterwards.

Another thing that irks me is when my opponent immediately gives up after I demolished his or her stock. At least try, man. Giving up is worse than losing.

jcx

Smash Journeyman
The one thing that I can't stand on For Glory is when I win a match using Zelda and then my opponent switches to Sheik or Peach, without knowing how to use either of them. It's like saying, "Zelda sucks and I'm going to show you why." Oh well. At least the fun part for me is creaming these pathetic losers and getting salty remarks afterwards.
Why Sheik or Peach specifically?

Solcast

Smash Rookie
NNID
Panda-san21
Why Sheik or Peach specifically?
Sheik is a "better" version of Zelda (not like I believe that :p), so when I beat someone and he instantly switches to Sheik, without knowing how to use her, it gives me the impression that he wants to show me that Zelda is garbage if he wins.

Same with Peach since Peach is claimed to be the overall "better" princess out of the two. And when I mean "better," I mean that Peach has more tools and utilization than Zelda.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Sheik is a "better" version of Zelda (not like I believe that :p), so when I beat someone and he instantly switches to Sheik, without knowing how to use her, it gives me the impression that he wants to show me that Zelda is garbage if he wins.

Same with Peach since Peach is claimed to be the overall "better" princess out of the two. And when I mean "better," I mean that Peach has more tools and utilization than Zelda.
I think it's more that people are just unoriginal and think "Both of these characters are related to Zelda in some way I guess, let's pick those for... -reasons(?).".

Trust me, I'd be rich if I had any value of money for every time someone's picked Bowser, FE!Roy, Mario, etc. Against my Roy...

jcx

Smash Journeyman

Sheik is among the best characters in the game, and Zelda is among the worst (I consider myself a tier wh*re). But they are two very different characters with totally different attributes. Just because Sheik is an alter ego of Zelda in the LoZ games doesn't mean it's the same character in game but better.

Solcast

Smash Rookie
NNID
Panda-san21
I think it's more that people are just unoriginal and think "Both of these characters are related to Zelda in some way I guess, let's pick those for... -reasons(?).".

Trust me, I'd be rich if I had any value of money for every time someone's picked Bowser, FE!Roy, Mario, etc. Against my Roy...
Yep, that's what I'm trying to say. Same with FE!Roy and Pit/Dark Pit. Whenever I choose Roy, my opponent switches to Marth. And whenever, I choose Pit or Dark Pit, my opponent picks the opposite of the angel I had chosen.It really gives me the impression that the reason they did that is because of salty/cocky reasons.

Top Bottom