• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Games Did You Not Bother To Finish?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Were there any games that for whatever reason you didn't bother to finish?

Mine are:
Kirby's Epic Yarn- it was too easy and didn't hold my interest.
Wonderful 101 and Uncharted 4- It's not like these were bad games but they just weren't my cup of tea. I forgot them and moved on.
Yoshi's Woolly World- I used to be into platformers but as I've grown up they don't interest me as much. I moved on to open world games.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I haven't finished Pokémon Moon yet...

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I was planning on playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity and Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon to prepare for the (hopeful) announcement of PMD5 on the Switch, but around 25% into the game, I kinda just lost interest in GtI, so I just skipped onto SPMD. I might go back to finish it, but not anytime soon.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I put about ten hours into Final Fantasy IX on Switch before putting it down. Not that it's a terrible game mind you, but I just had a really hard time getting into it. The slow battle system didn't help matters much, either.

Dan

Smash Lord
I barely even touched Wolly World; as an aging gamer, I'll buy games if I support what they're doing and for my collection, regardless if I beat them or not. I play a lot of online games, and the only new single player games I bothered to finish that I can remember were Odyssey, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Mario/Rabbids.

prowler92

Smash Rookie
The World Ends With You on Nintendo Switch. My fingers hurt with all those swiping and it's hard to play on dock.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just Cause 2, though that’s mostly because my computer is full of **** these days.

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
This one is an absolutely stupid reason, but fine. Pandora's Tower for the Wii. The plot of this game (as far as I got) is that the girl you love is cursed and will turn into a monster, unless you feed her flesh from certain creatures who live in the titular tower. So, I get to what's supposed to be the first boss, a beast that possess "high quality flesh". I open the door. A green plant-being is walking around a large room. No matter how close you are, it doesn't attack you, it just moves here and there and that's it.
I decided to stop there, since I wasn't going to kill an innocent tree dude to save a girl I met like 20 minutes ago.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon Y.

- Its too easy

- Too long winded with all these cutscenes and hologram thing. Im not gonna name its by its official name cause its uhhh..... awkardly named to say the least.

- It still retains the same problems pokemon has had to this day.

- And its so bland and soulless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
For me, it would have to be Mario & Luigi: Dream Team and Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Oh boy I have a lot...
  • Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam - Got bored of it and I remember getting annoyed with that one giant cactus boss fight.
  • Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - I hated how you had to press L/R for each battle or something along the lines.
  • The World Ends With You (Switch version) - The joycon controls are an absolute pain to use.

Klimax

Smash Ace
All of the GTA because the plot is always boring.
Mario Odyssey because it was mediocre.
Bloodborne because it's just lazy game design
Link's Awakening, the game aged poorly compared. I also don't find the adventure particularly enjoyable, when it comes to Gameboy "for the frog, the bell tolls" is a much better rpg.

Desu_Maiden

Smash Cadet
Most of the games that i own i havent bothered to finish because i dont have the time/motivation/energy to finish them. This is because i spend most of time and energy on drawing stuff, and drawing is already a very time-consuming hobby. I like drawing video game characters and animals though, and since i draw video game characters, that is the extent to which i am involved in video games right now. I draw video game characters mainly because i enjoy playing video games even though i dont have enough time nor energy to beat most games that i own.

Last edited:

xzx

Smash Lord
Most of the games that i own i havent bothered to finish because i dont have the time/motivation/energy to finish them. This is because i spend most of time and energy on drawing stuff, and drawing is already a very time-consuming hobby. I like drawing video game characters and animals though, and since i draw video game characters, that is the extent to which i am involved in video games right now. I draw video game characters mainly because i enjoy playing video games even though i dont have enough time nor energy to beat most games that i own.
Care to show us what you've drawn? n_n Would be interesting to see. You can PM me if you want.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Octopath Traveler...

I completed all of the stories for the eight travelers the year it came out but stopped at the bull**** final boss that is locked behind a set of sidequests that you wouldn't even know unlocks the damn thing unless you look up a guide. Haven't had the interest to try it again ever since.

Pokemon Ultra Sun. I stopped just after beating Ultra Necrozma and from there I didn't go any further. I realise, prior to finishing Pokemon Sun, that Ultra Sun is a glorified DLC or Sun is a glorified demo.

Top Bottom