• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Game Should I Get?

Zerinus

Smash Rookie
Bravely Default
Sin Megami Tensei Soul Hackers
SMT Devil Survivor 1 + 2
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Dragon Quest VII
Fire Emblem Awakening
Fire Emblem Fates
Pokemon X
If I were to get a SMT game, which one should I start with?

finalark

SNORLAX
If I were to get a SMT game, which one should I start with?
Depends on how well you tolerate difficult games.

For most people I'd say Devil Survivor, but if you can stomach getting kicked around for the first few hours of the game SMT IV is also a good choice.

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
Overwatch for $40 or Rocket League + Overcooked + Borderlands The Handsome collection for $45?

On one hand, Overwatch looks absolutely fantastic, but on the other, I need some good local co-op games.
I plan on getting all of them eventually, but it could be a few months before I could get whatever I don't choose now.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Overwatch for $40 or Rocket League + Overcooked + Borderlands The Handsome collection for $45?

On one hand, Overwatch looks absolutely fantastic, but on the other, I need some good local co-op games.
I plan on getting all of them eventually, but it could be a few months before I could get whatever I don't choose now.
I say go for Borderlands. Easily one of the best shooters out there.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
What should my first GCN game be? Melee, Mario Sunshine, or Zelda: Collector's Edition?
have you played majoras mask/OoT before? if no, then get the collector's edition. if yes, then sunshine. don't get melee imo, not exactly a 1 player friendly game at this day and age.

finalark

SNORLAX
What should my first GCN game be? Melee, Mario Sunshine, or Zelda: Collector's Edition?
Just a warning, all the worthwhile GCN games are pricey as hell these days thanks to the fact that most of them have never been re-released in any form.

Melee is worth getting if you have friends who appreciate it or if you want to play Smash competitively.

Sunshine is a fantastic platformer that holds up pretty well IMO. Its a must-have for any GameCube owner.

LoZ Collector's Edition is only worth getting if you've never played Majora's Mask or Ocarina of Time.

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
Just a warning, all the worthwhile GCN games are pricey as hell these days thanks to the fact that most of them have never been re-released in any form.

Melee is worth getting if you have friends who appreciate it or if you want to play Smash competitively.

Sunshine is a fantastic platformer that holds up pretty well IMO. Its a must-have for any GameCube owner.

LoZ Collector's Edition is only worth getting if you've never played Majora's Mask or Ocarina of Time.
Two points Sunshine, one point Melee, no points Zelda.

Also, don't worry; I'm gonna use my dad's old Wii that I still get out sometimes to play Wii games that we don't have a copy of...yet.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Is Yooka-Laylee worth buying? I saw in reviews it had serious camera issues but someone also mentioned they might be patched. Did that happen?

fusroyay20

Smash Rookie
The hot hot games on DS are:

Anyway, I myself am looking for some good cheap Cube games. I already own or have owned pretty much all the high profile stuff. Mainly I've been looking at Mega Man Anniversary Collection, Pikmin 2, Tales of Symphonia, and Baten Kaitos. Anyone got an opinion on these, or any other lower-tier GC stuff?
Tales of Symphonia is a great game, but I played it on the PS3 collection that came with the sequel. In fact, maybe I'll go back to it.

Also, if anyone asks about 3D Sonic games, I suggest Forces, Generations, and Adventure/DX

Last edited:

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
Anyway, I myself am looking for some good cheap Cube games. I already own or have owned pretty much all the high profile stuff. Mainly I've been looking at Mega Man Anniversary Collection, Pikmin 2, Tales of Symphonia, and Baten Kaitos. Anyone got an opinion on these, or any other lower-tier GC stuff?
More recently, I've been wondering this too...and guess what, I got DDR Mario Mix for seven bucks on eBay.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Not sure what other thread this question would belong in, but do either SNK Heroines or Dragon Ball Fighterz have the option to just play as one fighter in a match?

Mint Tea

Smash Rookie
Any games on the switch that you consider great for relaxation? Already playing stardew valley and art of balance.

RandomArceus

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0414-9599-1014
I need a new GameCube game, and have a bit of a soft spot for 'terrible' games like Pokemon Channel, and I prefer games for all ages, that also have a reasonable price. Any ideas?

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
I need a new GameCube game, and have a bit of a soft spot for 'terrible' games like Pokemon Channel, and I prefer games for all ages, that also have a reasonable price. Any ideas?
Hmm Super Mario Sunshine. Metroid is great but has a dark atmosphere and lore. Though only rated T for Teen. Also what about Wind Waker? Tales Of Symphonia? Mario Kart Double Dash, Melee, a numerous amount of Mario Partys, Star Fox Adventures, Sonic Adventure DX.

RandomArceus

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0414-9599-1014
Hmm Super Mario Sunshine. Metroid is great but has a dark atmosphere and lore. Though only rated T for Teen. Also what about Wind Waker? Tales Of Symphonia? Mario Kart Double Dash, Melee, a numerous amount of Mario Partys, Star Fox Adventures, Sonic Adventure DX.
Thanks, I already have a couple of them though. I'll try some of them!

Top Bottom