• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

Em Keu

Smash Rookie
Been kind of taking a little break from gaming, but before I was playing Kirby's Epic Yarn, since I missed that when it originally released. Some simple/easy fun, no real complaints but no real compliments, either.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I got bored with Epic Yarn and never finished.

Currently I'm back to Skyrim. I haven't had much time to play lately.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Since I finished Final Fantasy X the other day, I started playing its sequel X-2 today. I probably won't put much time into it since I have VIII as well, which I downloaded on my PS Vita.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just beat Metal Slug 2 - it was much shorter than I expected (only six levels), and with the Switch, it's incredibly easy to beat the game since you theoretically have infinite continues (you only need to hit one button to get a continue), but I'd imagine that aiming for a high score, or trying to beat the game with a bunch of prisoners saved, would be absurdly difficult (seeing as you lose all prisoners upon death).

Still, I was hoping to find a game like Gunstar Heroes, and it certainly delivered. Now if only we could get a Virtual Console for the Switch... (Genesis games, in addition to a wide variety of Nintendo ones, would be ideal)

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Was playing Slime Rancher recently and I gotta say I've really missed playing it, I can still remember when it was like a seriously early prototype and I'm happy to see it finally become the fully launched game it is today, it really shows that not every early access game is just releasing the game early to get cash early and then never finishing it

(Oh by the way it's free on xbox games with gold right now if any xbox people wanted to give it a spin)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Watching Grandpoobear's lp made me pick up Zelda: BotW again to find the last 2 shrines.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I've been sticking to multiplayer games lately.

Friday the 13th, Dead by Daylight, Overwatch, PUBG, Gigantic.

I did start Crash Bandicoot and Undertale, but keep forgetting about them, even when enjoying them.

I have no clue why I'm having such a hard time focusing on solo player experiences right now.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Played up to chapter 6 in Uncharted The Lost Legacy today. It's alright, more of the same aside from a series of optional tasks on the "wide linear" level.

Also got The Precursor Legacy for free with it. Now it was only a few months ago that I replayed the Jak and Daxter trilogy (on PS2, never got round to getting the PS3 collection) yet I still felt like a massive kid again starting a new game on it. It's been so long since I played it without it being blurry on my screen. Already beat the Klaww and have gotten all power cells and precursor orbs so far. It's going to be another platinum trophy added to my collection.

I think I'll end up getting Jak II and 3 on PS4 as well. Not sure I'll platinum them though. Getting all the precursor orbs in them might be a bit too tedious for me.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I picked up Zelda: Breath of the Wild again just to complete all side quests in the game (not counting the DLCs). I already completed all 120 shrines a while back.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've been playing Sonic Mania (I think I'm on the last level), Ori and the Blind Forest (about 2/3 of the way through the game), and Darksiders II (just started).

Sonic Mania is great, and it really makes me want to see Genesis games on the Switch. The game itself, as people are undoubtedly aware of by now, is excellent - it's a nice blend of old levels and new concepts, and the platforming rarely feels unfair. The levels are never too long (unlike something like Carnival Night Zone, where the level was so big that you could easily hit the ten minute time limit before reaching the boss), and the game has a good sense of speed without having you move so fast that you can't predict what's up ahead.

Ori and the Blind Forest is like a work of art - the music and art design are top notch, and it feels like what classic Rare would make if they tried their hand at a Metroidvania title. It makes me want to play more Metroidvania games; I've heard good things about Axiom Verge, so I think I'll look into that one next.

As for Darksiders, I haven't played the first one, but the story seems easy enough to follow. It's a solid hack-and-slash game; not Platinum level, but very few of those types of games can be.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I picked up Tales of Berseria the other day, which I'm playing it now. I also got a bit of Mario Kart: Double Dash in the mix.

Last edited:

Em Keu

Smash Rookie
I picked up Tales of Berseria the other day, which I'm playing it now. I also got a bit of Mario Kart: Double Dash in the mix.
How is Berseria? I've played most of the other recent ones, but I haven't gotten to Berseria yet. Kind of curious about that Tales of game for the Switch too, and if it'll be a port (e.g. of Berseria) or a new title... hopefully we'll find out sooner than later.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
How is Berseria? I've played most of the other recent ones, but I haven't gotten to Berseria yet. Kind of curious about that Tales of game for the Switch too, and if it'll be a port (e.g. of Berseria) or a new title... hopefully we'll find out sooner than later.
It's pretty good so far. I only put in like 6 hours into it and I won't be able to go back to it until Wednesday because of work. I have heard good things about the game so I wanted to check it out myself and so far, It's the only Tales of game I've played so I don't know much about the series...well actually, I played a little bit of Tales of the Abyss but I didn't get into it.

And I didn't know there's gonna be a Tales of game coming out for the Switch. Now it's got my attention to see what type of game it'll be.

Last edited:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I'm sorta obsessed with N64 wrestling games right now.

These are WCW/nWo Revenge and WWF Wrestlemania 2000 which I purchased from a local seller for just 5 bucks. Neither is in pristine condition but that doesn't bother me because I intend to actually play these with friends. I felt compelled to get Wrestlemania 2000 when several enthusiasts of the pro wrestling genre said it was superior to No Mercy as a multiplayer game. I really just wanted WM2000 but the same Craig's List seller also had Revenge in his lot of mostly sports games so I figured why not get it too.

nonnonuru

Smash Rookie
I'm currently playing through Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2. I'm not really enjoying it though since the battle system is horrible imo.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Feeling nostalgic here cuz I'm playing Super Mario Galaxy again. I'm taking a break from Tales of Berseria for a while.

Last edited:

BagrB0y

Smash Cadet
Hey, I remember Kirbys Yarn. Fun game, definitely different from other Kirby games.

Personally Ive been playing quite a bit of Rivals of Aether recently, along with a bit of Overwatch / League of Legends and Skullgirls (the mobile version- Probably one of the best mobile fighters).

Mr Snak3_

Smash Apprentice
Last game I played was Titanfall 2
I'd give it a 9.9 out of 10, only thing is the melee system being on jank levels of smash 4 luigi.
Super fast and technically demanding but not as many actions per minute compared to Melee or PM

BagrB0y

Smash Cadet
Last game I played was Titanfall 2
I'd give it a 9.9 out of 10, only thing is the melee system being on jank levels of smash 4 luigi.
Super fast and technically demanding but not as many actions per minute compared to Melee or PM
Ayyy, real fun shooter. Definitely nice how it rewards technical, high octane movement

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Slime-san and Rayman Legends Definitive Edition.

I've been pretty busy lately, so my Switch is all I really get to play. Once I'm on holidays I plan to get back to FFXII.

D

Deleted member

The autumnal equinox is upon me once again, so now I'll be getting back into the groove with my beloved Super Smash Bros. and Tekken series until the first day of spring. Time for me to learn and practice with my three mains (:4peach::rosalina::4bayonetta2:) and practice cool-looking combos in Tekken once again. Now, I may not be considering getting into competitive play but I just want to separate myself from the pool of casual players.

Sayonara :kirby:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Recently got Fire Emblem Birthright which is the first title in the series that I've played.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Thanks to Nintendont, I'm currently working my way through Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 on my Wii. Just started the Pac-Man Cup which is Master difficulty and things are getting interesting. It's surprising how different the track designs are in this game compared to the Nintendo developed Mario Karts. If you don't power-slide in the curves properly in MKAGP1 you will hit a wall.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Final Fantasy VIII on Steam.

I also got Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door in the mail today so I’ll be playing that too.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Just got A Hat in Time and so far I've been loving it. Feels so much like Mario Sunshine.

D

Deleted member

Just finished playing Project M. Mind y'all, this is my very first time playing. To be honest, I have grown accustomed to Brawl's mechanics and physics though I shall happily admit wavedashing across Infinite Glacier was pretty fun. My favorite item is the Pokèball so I disabled the other items. It appears that some of the Pokèmon's attacks have changed (eg. I was surprised that Gulpin's attack made KOs on a 0%-damage opponent). Thus far, I am impressed with the content here.

Sayonara :kirby:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Shovel Knight Specter of Torment DLC- really good so far and completely free. And back to Skyrim; that game has a million things to do.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I've been playing Specter of Torment too! It is really great (as expected of Shovel Knight though). I've beaten the regular story of it, but I'm also working on the challenges and... *sigh* I'm perfectly capable of completing them all (I 100%-ed Shovel Knight and Plague Knight's modes), but I have to mentally prepare myself for how incredibly irritating some of those challenges can be.

Also been working on 100% playthroughs of 16 other games currently (I have a Randomizer list of them all to choose what I'll play next whenever I can't decide)... I'll list the five main ones I've been working on:

1. Wario Land II (GameBoy Color)
2. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Second time. Immediately back to Ages for the second time after this playthrough. I DON'T LIKE AGES NEARLY AS MUCH AS SEASONS THOUGH, HOLY HEADACHE)
3. Metroid: Zero Mission (Going to try and complete the original on NES afterward, even though it's surprisingly on the ZM cart as well)
4. Ocarina of Time 3D (Master Quest)
5. Twilight Princess HD

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm playing Breath of the Wild: Master mode. For the most part it's fun. The regenerating health of enemies adds a nice layer of urgency, all enemies are a tier above normal (red moblins>blue moblins etc), and enemy balloon platforms add some spice to otherwise dull encounters.

But the trials of the sword are complete BS. Not because the difficulty or having bad equipment but there's one case where regenerating health is a terrible unintended design flaw: Lizalfos. Liz AI makes them hop around defensively, which can land them in water where they're hard to attack.
You get to the point where you fight lizalfos in water filled areas and it is hell. The first few encounters have islands so with good positioning you can stun lock them by not using the final, launching hit of combos. Then you come to a room with only a narrow boardwalk, 1 blue and 2 silver liz. The blue goes down easy and I disarmed the silver ones (lightning is fantastic in these trials) but I just can't finish the silvers off! They take 15-20 hits each and keep either jumping back or being launched into the water, where they quickly heal. If you try to separate them by launching one it shoots powerful 5-6 heart damage water sprays and hops back up preventing you from stun locking the other, which is already hard with the brittle weapons available. Bows can't do enough damage when they're swimming under the boardwalk and they other is shooting at you. I danced around in that one room for 15 minutes until they eventually wore me down. :mad:

Edit, actually found an exact picture of the area:

Last edited:
Top Bottom